Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > A Different Kind of Truth forum

How the mighty have fallen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 57 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2012 5:59:59 AM PST
Woast piece of crap in 30 years. If this is the best they can do then there done. What a huge disappointment

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 9:06:55 PM PST
This is the best Rock and Roll album in over twenty years.....Get over your ignorance and learn how to spell....what is woast????? VAN HALEN ROCKS..... all you haters go listen to your Justin Bieber cds.....LOL

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 1:55:44 PM PST
R. ll says:
HA! Guess you haven't heard the 2 albums that came before this one..(Hint:They sucked)This album is phenomenal,Are you high?100% CLASSIC VAN HALEN.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 2:14:06 PM PST
the only two vanhalen albums that sucked were diver down and vanhalen 3. thank you. and so far vanhalen may have a third. wheres the orignal stuff. not retooled old songs. come on. lame.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 2:57:35 PM PST
a different kind of truth.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 10:05:23 AM PST
wolfies bass is no where to be found in this cd. i hear the pounding drums. i hear eddies guitar i hear roths vocals. but where is wolfgang. i think eddie is making the same mistake he did with michael anythony. hiding the kids bass in the mix. you say why would he do that to his kid. well ego. thats why.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:19:37 PM PST
only 4 of the 13 songs are "retooled"....the other 9 songs are originals......Some jackasses will complain about anything.....the cd is AWESOME!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012 2:04:13 PM PST
I originally hated "A Different Kind Of Truth", but have to say that it is a good CD. Not great though and not even close to old classic VH, but I did not expect it to be. I don't think this CD is worthy of 5 stars!!! 3 or 3.5 yes, but 5? The first four VH albums are what I consider 5 stars!!!

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 1:08:57 AM PST
W. STEVENS says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 8:28:43 PM PST
This album is full of great guitar from a total rejuvinated Eddie Van Halen and the rest of the gang...I'd like to hear you put out a great album with 13 jammin' tunes when you are pushing 60 years old.....The reviews are great because most people appreciate good music.....If you think this album sucks- It's not the album-IT'S YOU!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012 12:15:41 AM PST
W. STEVENS says:
I guess most of those fans are probably 60 years old too because the younger people are not going for this garbage! Unlike other acts that have put out albums later in their careers and not only gone #1, but hit singles, and a lot of new fans to boot! Groups that have done LATER in their careers are Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Meat Loaf, Sammy Hagar (Chickenfoot), The Eagles, Santana, Roy Orbison, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, etc. When these bands and artists made these great comeback albums, they sizzled the charts, got airplay, and gained a LOT OF NEW YOUNGER FANS! This Different Kind of Truth is only die hard older Van Halen fans and when is all said and done, this album will sell LESS than the disastrous VHIII! The albums sucks *** period!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012 6:40:41 AM PST
The album is great!!!!!It rocks!!!! So does the Eagles, Santana, Pink Floyd is Awesome, Aerosmith is Awesome, i love just about all the bands you mentioned, but i also love Van Halen and this new cd is better than any of the cds that they put out during the Hagar years.....Hagar was great as the RED ROCKER on his own, saw him in concert numerous times, but in VH, way too many bubble gum love songs...Chickenfoot is much better than Van Hagar was....I just can't understand your attitude about the new Van Halen...Every song rocks and songs like China Town, Bulletheat, Outta Space, Big River, Beats Workin', As Is, Honeybabysweetiedoll, those are some of the HEAVIEST songs Van Halen has ever done...I have both Chickenfoot and Chickenfoot III and neither of those cds come close to being as solid as the new Van Halen....Both chickenfoot cds are good but VH is way better....People that really know music love the new Van Halen and that is all that matters.....the people i'm talking about are Metallica, UFO, DEF LEPPARD, STEVEN TYLER, CARLOS SANTANA, DAVE MUSTAINE, JEFF BECK, AND MANY OTHER ARTISTS HAVE WRITTEN GREAT COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THE NEW VH HAS BROUGHT ROCK MUSIC BACK AND THAT EDDIE'S PLAYING IS THE BEST ITS BEEN SINCE "WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST"...
So all that being said, the only thing that SUCKS, IS YOUR ATTITUDE!!!!! VAN HALEN FOREVER!!!!!!! and KISS,foreigner,aerosmith,deep purple, ufo, ozzy, styx, metallica, megadeth, night ranger, magnum, etc...ROCK LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 10:25:07 PM PST
W. STEVENS says:
I just dont like it so yea I guess I have an attitude about it, lol! It's a matter of opinion, for example Chickenfoot I is awesome to me (quite a surprise). That album is SO DAMN CATCHY! But as much as a like that CD, that second one I dont like it one bit! I dislike Chickenfoot III as much as Van Halen's Different Kind Of Truth CD! If Dave sang all the songs straight, I'd like about half the songs. I just dont like the way he sang this time, and the other problem is about half the songs I dont think were good songs. This isnt the first time though, Def Leppard's latest CD I couldnt stand either and a HELLUVA lot of people were praising that album on Amazon too. I dont even get it because there's no super energy and the ultra catchy hooks on that album either that I loved in the past with Del Leppard! Keep in mind though NONE of these albums I mentioned not liking have sold well. They all were kinda commercial flops including the way the new Van Halen CD looks like it going to be too! So there may a lot of people loving it, but not too many people buying it. Not like what's become expected for a Van Halen release (like 500,000, a million, couple million, etc). It's not going to happen!

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 1:18:12 PM PST
As we all know, an album is only good if it sells millions. Right! News flash: Chickenfoot kinda blows. I dig Sammy, but his attempt to create a new Van Halen falls way short. It is indeed a matter of opinion, though. My opinion is that the new VH album is great. Very solid, and very much exceeded my expectations.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 2:52:28 PM PST
Metalhammer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 2:53:30 PM PST
Metalhammer says:
This is the furthest thing from the best rock album in the past 20 years. Even in recent years albums by Crashdiet, Hardcore Superstar, and Crazy Lixx are better. Hell Def Leppard's Sparkle lounge, while not great is better than this. The first 4 Jackyl albums are better, Def Leppard's Euphoria, also better. Anything Tesla has ever released has been better. Balance is a better album. Both Steel Panther albums are better. Anything Ozzy has ever done, also better.

I'm surprised at all the reviews on here too. I don't know if it's that a high percentage of people who bought the album are reviewing it on here, or that a bunch of people who downloaded it are reviewing it as well.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 6:23:01 PM PST
Steve says:
It's near impossible to judge any rock album by chart position or sales numbers anymore. Where does a rock band get airplay these days? There's no MTV to rely on either. AKOT is an OK return by a Roth led VH. I just saw them live last night and the band was phenomenal. Tight with excellent sound. Roth was erratic as always, but entertaining. The band is in a tough position though; if they want to play their classic material, they need Dave, as annoying as he can be these days. Hagar wouldn't play the Roth stuff, which was ridiculous. How can you ignore all that classic material just because of a singer's ego? Of course, they aren't playing any Hagar material on the current tour either. However, how much of it holds a candle to the first 6 albums?

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 3:50:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2012 3:50:49 PM PDT
Micaloneus says:
The new VH album is OK, but I'll take Hagar/Anthony's new band Chickenfoot over this anytime.

Luckily, I can keep both groups recent albums. Life is good. :)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 9:37:45 AM PDT
Steve says:
Agree to disagree. I like Chickenfoot, but this is better IMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 11:29:09 AM PDT
There is no such album as Van Halen 3. I am assuming you are referring to "Women and Children First" and if you are, it rocks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 4:35:02 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 27, 2012 4:37:46 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 4:40:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 27, 2012 4:40:37 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 4:42:14 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 27, 2012 4:42:25 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 4:23:34 PM PDT
Donald Brent says:
I think ADKOT is one of the best albums in their catalog. And although I realize it's an extremely subjective thing, I think all the songs are extremely "catchy". Nothing I would consider filler tracks. Add to that, Eddie being back in top form and I'll take more like this all day long! Compared to alot synthesized, auto-tuned crap coming out now days, this is a breath of fresh air...ADKOT Rocks! Just my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 2:06:43 PM PDT
nothing is original its all rehashed stuff. going back to the club days go to youtube. all they did was change a hook or two. i know some love it. still hasn;t grown on me. those that love it i say god bless you. thats why we live in america.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  57
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Different Kind of Truth
A Different Kind of Truth by Van Halen (Audio CD - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars (871)