How is the wi-fi info set up? My new laptop found the wi-fi from in my home and pretty much set itself up. What kind of wi-fi information does the frame need me to input and where would I find that info?
asked by Eddie O'Flaherty on June 19, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
The frame will also find the wi-fi in the house and prompt you for the information. It sounds like you don't have any security on your network which isn't good but at least will make connecting the frame easy. Push the Health Check button on the back of the frame. The frame will scan for networks and show you a list. If there's more than one, you'll need to know which is yours. Hovering over the network icon down by the clock on your laptop should pop-up a bubble with the network name. Select that name on the frame and the frame will probably just connect (based on what you said about how your laptop did.

I STRONGLY recommend that you change your security on your home wi-fi network to WPA2.
Fastoy answered on June 24, 2010

A
votes
Thank you, Fastoy. Thank you so much for answering. I didn't want to buy the frame unless I was sure I could get it connected.

Yes, we have talked about security on the wi-fi network; my grandson has offered to set that up, and I'm sure we'll do it soon.
Eddie O'Flaherty answered on June 25, 2010

A
votes
I got a Kodak pulse last May and it would not connect to my wifi out of the box, sent it in for repair and it worked fine for about 6 months, sent it in again and this time got a new one from Kodak and again this new one will not connect to the internet right out of the box. New Ipad connect in less than 30 sec. What gives with these frames it shouldn't be that difficult?
Sue Lohf answered on March 11, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›