Customer Discussions > Zumba Fitness - Nintendo Wii forum

How will this track movement?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2010 6:38:49 AM PDT
MAC Lover says:
I really hate the leg strap that goes with the wii EA Sports active. Does anyone know how this will register movement?

I really don't want to pre-order without knowing that.

Posted on Aug 30, 2010 8:02:53 PM PDT
Most likely, it will utilize the Wii remote in the same fashion as Just Dance. The balance board and dance mat don't make any sense, and they probably won't register your leg movements because there's no good way to do it, especially with how short the cord is.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 10:01:42 AM PDT
Bookwormette says:
The Amazon video shows the person playing the game without any kinds of controls. I wonder if that was for aesthetic reasons or that is how the game is played: like an exercise DVD. I am going to wait for reviews before buying this one.

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 6:06:38 AM PDT
The game comes with a waist strap that the remote sit into and is free with the game, there is a picture of it in the corner of the game box

Posted on Sep 25, 2010 10:12:06 AM PDT
Cinnamon says:
So I was looking for this also. I had to go to the companies website to find more info about this product.

http://www.majescoentertainment.com/games/nintendo-wii/zumba-fitness/

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 7:17:13 AM PDT
Does anyone know if you can download new songs? I didn't like the songs that were featured on the commercial. Do you think it will be like downloading songs for Just Dance?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 8:56:51 PM PDT
The Amazon video is for the Xbox using Kinect (she presses the on button on an Xbox console in the beginning); it is not for the Wii. And since the cover shows some kind of strap is included, I'm assuming it'll be like that: tuck the remote in the strap and dance.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2010 7:18:49 AM PDT
OK, so now the question is.........will the belt/strap be large enough to fit around my waist?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2010 8:44:21 AM PDT
S. Matthes says:
That's what I'm wondering too!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 2:24:51 PM PST
Daisy says:
It fits my waist, so I would imagine it would fit most peoples... I just tried it on...but, I am wondering if we HAVE to wear the belt? It does not seem like it would be comfortable and I can't find anywhere that says one way or another. The instructions on the inside say to use the wrist strap, but on the back it says something about having more than one player playing, then you need more waist straps. I don't want to buy more of them, so if anybody can find out a definite answer, please let me know ;)

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 9:14:37 PM PST
i used the remote in my hand and it tracked the movement about as well as when wearing the belt. so if the belt does not fit you can still track movement (just make sure you have the plastic cover over the remote and the wrist strap on or you might loose the remote as you get sweaty). the belt fits about a 45 inch waist.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Aug 26, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Zumba Fitness - Nintendo Wii
Zumba Fitness - Nintendo Wii by Majesco Sales Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (1,107)