How do you attach the strap to the case?
asked by Maria G. on July 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Traditional nylon strap and buckle (like a normal camera strap). The case is holding up well and I have had more than a few people comment how cool the case looks.
Sunnybuttons answered on July 12, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
First, you pull the nylon strap through the plastic piece in an over under type deal. Then you loop it through the buckle piece on the case then you double back the same exact way you came in. If that makes any sense haha. Its tricky and I couldnt get it on my own but I just copied the strap that was on my big boy camera.
kuttzo answered on July 12, 2013

A
It has loops. One problem is the way the strap is attached, the camera might also torn 180 degrees since the attachemns are exactly in the middle of the height , not a little shifted to give it stability. This is the only negative on this camera case.
Peter Fleischmann answered on July 13, 2013

A
The nylon ends of the strap form a loop with a small plastic buckle.

The bottom half of the case has a metal ring on each side.

To attach the strap you unthread the loop from the buckle (remembering how it was threaded!), run the nylon end through the metal ring and reform the loop using the buckle. Repeat for each side.

The case is securely attached to the camera, the rings are securely attached to the case and the strap is securely attached to the rings. No metal clips to scratch the camera.

Recently I've experimented by attaching both ends of the strap to one side of the case. I remove the top half of the case and the camera easily fits in a shirt pocket while the strap is still around my neck. This has worked great while hiking because I can quickly access and operate the camera with one hand, using the bottom half of the case as a grip on what is otherwise a slippery camera (rx100).

Still love the case and the retro look even though it's not real leather. I have the tan color and it reminds me of the camera/case my dad carried in the 50s. I get lots of compliments.
Miss Thump answered on July 13, 2013

A
There are D rings on either side; the strap has fittings on either end that clip to them. However, I personally never bothered with it because the camera has a perfectly good wrist strap that feeds easily out through the side of the case, and the strap would have been just an encumbrance most of the time. I've had it about six months now and it's quite convenient, durable and classy looking...I even get occasional compliments on it, although people should really be more impressed by the camera.

The photographs could definitely be more helpful with regard to this.
Laurence answered on July 12, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›