Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2014 6:10:04 PM PST
Tim says:
I've never owned a wireless headset so I'm not too familiar with setting these up.

Anyone know how to set this one up? According to the picture, I see a small "usb thumb drive looking thing" which I suspect can be plugged directly into the PS4. and once you do, you can just start using your headset?

or is there some extra wires you have to connect like the turtle beach?

I suspect this one will be easier because it's not coming with an amp like a turtle beach or astro... but at the same time, makes me wonder how this compare to those WITH amps..

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 6:57:26 PM PST
The USB stick transmits and receives digital audio that the headset pairs up to wirelessly. The headset itself has it's own built in power (rechargeable battery) and an integrated amplifier that produces audio through the headphones. There are no real audio specs that we can compare them to since they are not out yet, but the clear advantage is not having to deal with wires dangling all over your couch and TV area. That is what makes wireless so appealing, and really until they are released, nobody will actually know for sure how they compare (on audio quality) to other headsets.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2014 7:39:25 PM PST
Tim says:
cool I prefer the seamless and easy setup over some sacrifice in audio.

not saying this is inferior to its counter parts but judging by the relatively low price considering its a NEW and SOUGHT AFTER gadget, and the integrated amp rather than external, makes me think it may in fact be slightly inferior in sound. again, as you've said, all speculations until people actually get their hands on it.

but if I only have to stick in the usb to the PS4, then I'm SOLD. will wait about a week and see how people react and will get one for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2014 10:42:36 PM PST
I'm an owner of the older Sony Official Wireless PS3 Headset and I'm pretty sure that it'll be along the same lines as seamless pairing and integration goes. You just stick in the USB Receiver and that's it. Also works just as flawless on PC. The quality has to be better than the original I would imagine and the originals were pretty great. Not noteworthy of an audiophile, mind you, but it gets the job done splendidly. Not to mention that the virtual surround sound is really great. The directional sound helps with the immersion. I've already pre-ordered these new headsets. Just waiting for it to ship!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2014 10:53:20 PM PST
Tim says:
cool. im not an audiophile, neither. otherwise, I would already have a quality headset

im just looking for an above average gaming headset that is NOT complicated to setup like the turtle beach. I've looked at the online manual when I thought of buying it long time ago and I was put off by it. that's how NON tech saavy I am

im glad to know that all you have to do is really just put the usb thingie into your PS4.

but it puzzles me how the NEW PS4 edition is cheaper than the PS3 elites. that's why im kind of speculating that the audio quality is below the PS3 pulse. not to mention the battery life is longer with the PS4 version. usually the better sounding headsets will suck up more power and therefore have shorter battery life.

anywyas. looking forward to it

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 10:57:17 AM PST
Actually many audiophiles have spoken very highly of both the Pulse and Pulse Elite. They far exceed most gaming headsets on the market, even for everyday music listening. I have a lot of headphones, and the Pulse out does most in quality for sound. Sure it doesn't compete with Boss equivalents, but it cost 1/3 the price and is very good. I've had my Pulse for almost 3 years now and they work great.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2014 8:06:31 PM PST
the only reason why this is cheaper than the Pulse Elites that were made for the PS3 (now also compatible with the PS4) is because the Elites have something called BassImpact. What this does is that if you are playing COD, the surround sound can help you locate footsteps and you can hear individual bullets whizzing past you, but the BassImpact will actually, depending on how high you adjust it, send vibrations to your head making you actually feel the bullets whizzing past you. I use it often and personally, its cool but it isn't worth it really. The new headsets don't have BassImpact but they are cheaper, more portable and they look a lot comfortable than the Elite. (Elites were comfortable but your head would feel tightened up after a few hours of use, these new headsets have thick but mushy padding that will ease fatigue). So, I hope that helps. I've owned all of the Sony headsets and I am definitely looking forward to these, you won't be disappointed.

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 10:41:44 PM PST
Will this work with a smart t.v.? If not, does anyone know of a good wireless gaming headset that also works with watching t.v? Thanks.

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 9:17:02 PM PST
Cozumel Sun says:
Bought today from best buy . Plugged in the wireless transmitter PS4 recognized it and I was ready to go id say these are amazing for the price. no wires chat is crisp sound qaulity was amazing playing tomb raider

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:00:19 PM PST
XpainNfear says:
guys, is this headset an Official Bluetooth Headset? like the one that was offered for PS3

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 4:16:04 PM PDT
How do i play PS4 movie with thru these things instead of thru my TV?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2014
Latest post:  Apr 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Jet Black
PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Jet Black by Sony Computer Entertainment (Mac, PlayStation 3 / 4, Sony PSP, Windows Vista / XP)
4.4 out of 5 stars (2,205)