How do you store your silpat? I have a few and am looking for a nice storage solution.
asked by Clueless on October 26, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Easiest way to store your Silpat is to lay it inside your clean cookie sheet and nest another cookie sheet on top. That way they are always stored flat and protected by the cookie sheets. I've had the same three Silpat sheets for 10 years and have always stored them that way.
EA answered on June 21, 2010
Comment | 18 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Agree with EA...definitely store them on your sheet pans...just make sure all is dry before nesting them with each with its individual Silpat in place. I have 4 pans and 4 Silpats...the only way to fly!
P. Ward answered on September 4, 2012
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just bought a silpat, and the directions specifically say do not roll or fold to store. I keep mine with my cutting boards. Hope this helps.
Sricha answered on January 13, 2010
Comment (1) | 7 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I roll my loosely and clip one end with a clothes pin. Someone else said that they store their in an empty paper towel roll.
Trixie answered on July 25, 2012
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just received my silpat mats and the directions state "Store flat or rolled". I am storing them in the sleeves they came in
Kittens Mom answered on January 19, 2014
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I found a product on Amazon called the Silicone Mat Rack Fox Run Brands Silicone Mat Rack (click on the product link to see a nice video review done by another reviewer). It lets me store my Silpats vertically in my tall cupboard next to my baking sheets, very convenient (I can store more than one in the Mat Rack). It also lets you put your Silpat in the dishwasher like a cutting board. I know the instructions say only hand wash but like others I have jerry rigged mine in the dishwasher for years after using with oily or savory dishes, never a problem. But you can just use it for storage if you aren't comfortable with that.
Family_K answered on June 18, 2014
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have just gotten mine, which I intend to store between my two half-sheet pans. However, they arrived each folded in half, in a plastic envelope. I will certainly watch to see if they are weakened along the fold line.
Laura Lundy answered on January 16, 2015
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product