The lateral profile of these earmuffs are so sleek they never even come close to interfering with those AR crane stocks that practically hugs your cheek.

Published on September 2, 2011 by Frederick Chim

3.0 out of 5 stars Love The Compact Size!! Noise Reduction Not So Great.
Published on June 24, 2011 by Steven P. Felix

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Compact, Super Light Weight Solution to Unwanted Noises, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Howard Leight R-01523 Leightning L0F Ultra Lightweight NRR 23 Compact Folding Earmuff (Tools & Home Improvement)

When it is folded, it is a mere 3.5" x 3" x 4". Because of that, you leave it in your backpack, then before you know it, you slowly discover how this earmuff can be used in your daily life outside the range:

Noisy housemate who invite 50 people to party until 4AM the night before my big interview? Put this on, problem solved. Yep, the lateral profile is SO SLEEK I don't even notice it pressing against my pillow. THAT's how thin this thing is.

Want to take 30 minutes on the train to take a nap, but the girl behind you just won't stop forcing her phone conversation to everybody? Rip this thing out, pop it on, problem solved. Trust me, the instance you pop this on you head, EVERYBODY on the train will look at you, look at each other, nod, and whisper: "that's hella smart!"

Time to use your loud lawn mower? Grass cutter? Sanding machine? Gas engine snow blower? You will thank yourself for getting this earmuff. Every single time.

For $17, I acquired complete control of every single unwanted noise, wherever I go. Worth the price for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 27, 2011
For the price nothing beats the Howard Leight products for hearing protection. I also bought a pair of the electronic Earmuffs. Again this works very well at a small indoor range, definitely works! We shot everything while there: .22, 9mm luger, .40, 357 mag, 38 special, .45. Everything was real quite. Very comfortable after shooting for 3 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin' muffs!, May 8, 2009
These earmuffs are for other purposes, but I used them in my old band. When I put these on, sound was reduced so well. I had my half stack amplifier cranked up to about 7, and it only sounded like it was on 3. I was very pleased with the product, I could hear the drummer more clearly (high pitch frequencies were cut from his cymbals). Once again, I know these are to be used for other purposes but this just seemed like a good idea, and I am quite pleased with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 18, 2008
These are great earmuffs. They are slim, don't interfere with the shotgun stock and really reduce noise to a tolerable level. Well worth the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love The Compact Size!! Noise Reduction Not So Great., June 24, 2011
I pretty much knew this as I was buying them, but this was a case where fashion over function got the best of me. I love the compact size of these ears, but at the indoor range, the noise reduction was not great (not poor either). I may have to wear ear plugs with them, but aside from that, they are very comfortable, easily adjustable, and did not hurt my ears or give me a headache after wearing them for an hour. Great price, and I imagine good for people that prefer a slim earmuff for firing a rifle. I am not dissatisfied with these ears and I will continue to use them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can you hear me now...., February 1, 2012
...no I can't, I'm wearing my new earmuffs. I really like my new earmuffs, they're so lightweight you almost forget you're wearing them, I like how they fold up compact and don't take up much space in my range bag, and I like the snug fit. When I first tried them on I shook my head and jumped around to see if they'd move, they didn't budge. I bought them for shooting and they are a huge improvement over the big, clunky industrial earmuffs the range offers for loaners. The best feature for me was they didn't interfere while firing a rifle. It seemed like I always managed to bump the butt stock with those others every time I tried to get good sight alignment with good cheek weld. The noise reduction seems better than the regular type but I always wear the foam insertion type earplugs in addition to the earmuffs - us old vets gotta protect what little hearing we got left! I also bought a pair of these for my wife, she really likes them too. I wear these with the Remington anti-fog glasses and that combo works great, they don't get uncomfortable even after long periods of shooting. I didn't give these a five star rating cause I don't want to get into the habit of giving the highest rating to all my Amazon purchases. Plus, I don't really like wearing earmuffs but they are required at public ranges - if I had my 'druthers I'd go with just the foam earplugs - but if you have to wear them, these are the ones to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great non-electronic muffs, January 18, 2011
For not being electronic noise-reducing earmuffs, these work very well. The compact form when not in use easily fits just about anywhere in my range bag, or in a coat pocket. Many large earmuffs may restrict your cheek weld placement but these are also compact on your head. I've had friends want to swap earmuffs when shooting certain rifles because their own are too large and get in the way. I've purchased one of these for myself, and another as a gift based on my experiences with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firearms, Snoring Husbands, and Loud Children, July 1, 2012
Whether you are a recreational shooter and need a compact, effective, and smooth looking set of "ears"; an adoring wife who needs to block out the sound of her snoring husband; or a father trying to focus on that last email for work, this product will suit your needs! It goes anywhere! Adjustable band fitting ego-inflated head size or the pin headiest platinum reality mom! Fashion a priority? Not with these babies, they come in black for the "always fashionable". A product truly for the ages!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits great, works well, November 10, 2011
These earmuffs fit me just right when adjusted to fit my head. I'm only using them to block out sound in my office when I'm trying to get work done (sort of a substitute for more expensive noise-canceling headphones), and they do enough for my purposes. Some voices get through, but they're muffled enough that they're not a distraction.

4.0 out of 5 stars good headphones, April 6, 2011
not to much to complain about. They work like advertised and are compact. Fit and finish is good and they came on time.

ARRAY(0xa6816984)