4.0 out of 5 stars It's a fun compilation to (re-)read...
Published on December 24, 2011 by Thomas Duff

3.0 out of 5 stars Go Dilbert!
Dilbert is amazing. With that being said this book is a reprint of nearly all the comics in existing books. Only buy it if you REALLY want all of the Dilbert books.
Published 11 months ago by Geartrooper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a fun compilation to (re-)read..., December 24, 2011
This review is from: How's That Underling Thing Working Out for You? (Dilbert) (Paperback)
There's really not a whole lot you can say about a Dilbert compilation. The latest installment, How's That Underling Thing Working Out for You? by Scott Adams covers the comic strips from May 3rd, 2010 through February 12th, 2011. If you're used to seeing the strip in the newspaper, it's a bonus to get the full-color versions here. As a regular reader, I've seen the material before, but it's fun to re-read as various strips take on different meanings based on your day-to-day work experiences. For example, January 17th's strip has the pointy-haired boss say "I have a GREAT idea! Why don't we make our product social?" Dilbert responds with "Because when YOU start to understand a concept, it marks the beginning of its decline." Given the latest emphasis on vendors trying to rebrand everything as "social", this strip is funnier now than it probably was to me back then. :)

Nothing much more to add here. You know what you're getting with a compilation, and if you like them, you'll like this.

Disclosure:
Obtained From: Library
Payment: Borrowed

5.0 out of 5 stars Struck me as unusually entertaining, January 19, 2012
Five stars within category of "collection of daily newspaper comics". Not to be confused with great literature stars!

Two reasons:

1. Unlike many comic collections this gives us the daily (non-Sunday) strips in color. It does add to the enjoyment! (Of course the Sunday strips are there, too.)

2. For some reason I found this collection to be unusually relevant, consistently funny, with occasional bust-a-gut laughs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, December 30, 2011
This is second year that I have given a Dilbert " book" to my son in law for Christmas. He LOVES Dilbert. Dilbert is so real to anyone who works in a more than couple people office. I used to and I enjoy the pages as son in law laughingly reads them to me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Go Dilbert!, March 31, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Another Day in the Life of Dilbert, November 30, 2011
tvtv3 "tvtv3" (St. Louis Metro East Area) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
HOW'S THAT UNDERLING THING WORKING OUT FOR YOU? is a collection of "Dilbert" comic strips from May 3, 2010 - February 12, 2011. Nothing new really happens in this collection. Dilbert continues to pass his life away working as an engineer for the company that he hates. Dilbert goes on a few dates, Asok gets promoted from being an intern to limbo, social media increases its presence, and Wally continues to avoid doing work in the most creative (and legal) ways possible. Overall, it's an average "Dilbert" collection that fans will enjoy owning and office drones might enjoy reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-objective opinion!, June 6, 2013
I love everything Dilbert. I've worked in corporate American long enough to have lived most the of the Dilbert vignettes, and I really love seeing them through Scott Adams eyes. I re-read all my Dilbert books over and over again. This one did not disappoint. If you're anything like me, you need this book. If you don't "get" Dilbert, well, I guess there's people like that too =)

ENJOY! I sure did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dilbert is great! Writing reviews on a e-reader is stupid., April 24, 2014
Okay, these are chronological strips, not ones about a common subject. That's a good thing because you're not paying for strips you'll read elsewhere. Dilbert is very funny

Now to the important part. Why on earth would you ask people to write reviews on a e-reader? It's time consuming and painful. Here's an idea Amazon: Let people rate the book on their computer than finish the review on something with a keyboard. The review wouldn't get posted until it was finished. You get better reviews and readers suffer less. You're welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!!!!!`, October 9, 2013
I love Dilbert
got the Kindle version and it reads really well on my tablets (10.1 inch AND 8 inch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, but coulda been longer, May 28, 2013
You know what I hate about reviews are they never tell you how long the book is thirty percent of this book was credited and introductions. But besides all the credits, this book was very funny I recommend after this is the one called its not I funny if have to explain it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Read, February 26, 2013
Mark H. Jones (Birmingham, Al United States) - See all my reviews
About every 4th cartoon is too small to read on my kindle fire. I enjoyed the ones I could see.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

How's That Underling Thing Working Out for You? (Dilbert)
How's That Underling Thing Working Out for You? (Dilbert) by Scott Adams (Paperback - November 29, 2011)
$12.99 $9.74
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.