4.0 out of 5 stars Good except for one kinda big problem
I have only had this a couple weeks and I like it a lot.
Things I like about it:
the keyboard is easy to type on
you can turn the mouse off when writing something so it doesn't act erratic if you rub your palm against the touchpad
it has fingerprint password entry
Published on September 15, 2012 by KV Trout

Lid/screen keep separating. I'm afraid to close it because it pulls away at the hinges and is separating around the frame. Otherwise, the features are great. Just seems to have been put together a bit shoddy.
Published 27 days ago by Kari C.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good except for one kinda big problem, September 15, 2012
KV Trout (Centerville, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hp - 15.6" Pavilion Laptop - 8gb Memory - 750gb Hard Drive - Natural Silver (Personal Computers)
I have only had this a couple weeks and I like it a lot.
Things I like about it:
the keyboard is easy to type on
it has fingerprint password entry
it has the ability to use the touchpad to go forward, back, make pictures bigger and smaller etc.
it is very user friendly
it was easy to set up

The one thing I do not like about it is the screen and that's a big problem: it is very reflective; too reflective.

I don't know much about lap tops so maybe there is a plastic covering or something I can put on this to make it less reflective. If that can be done then I'll adjust this review up to 5 stars - assuming I find no other problems over the next few weeks.

Overall it's a good computer and if I can resolve the overly reflective screen issue then I will give this 5 stars.

UPDATE:
I've had this a while now. I fixed the screen reflective problem by buying an anti-reflective plastic layer that fits over the screen. I bought it online and I don't remember the name of the company (it was a private vendor, not amazon; do a search for "view guard").

The only problem I've had with it is the trackpad not responding to tapping to select a link or open a folder etc.
I downloaded a new driver from the hp web site and that SEEMS to have resolved the problem. If it does not and I continue to have problems I will post another update . Meanwhile you can assume I resolved the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars None Better At This Price, October 17, 2012
Sean Byron (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
This is a superb laptop. HP makes pretty nice machines - this is very unique in with most laptops feeling so cheap this one really feels like a lot more then the $750 or so it retails for. It has a very good processor in the i5 and HUGE RAM at 8GB- what that translates to is a very enjoyable and fast/responsive experience. I would not have felt cheated had this been priced art $1000. Make sure you get this one though as there is a little cheaper one out there that is very similar.

KEYS to why this is such a great machine:

Lightweight and slim design.
Processor - i5 with huge RAM = great performance
back-lit keyboard- and a really nice one
HDMI - A must have these days - allows you to connect to TV - also has VGA
3 - USB 3.0 = everything going the way of the 3.0 USB - this has 3 so your covered/also one 2.0
fingerprint reader
"Just very well built = doesn't feel cheap, looks great."

It's one hell of a bargain! Be sure you don't get the wrong one though- this one is the BOMB!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop at reasonable price, October 17, 2012
The HP Pavilion m6 adds some high-end details from HP's more expensive laptops, while keeping the price down. This is a highly configurable system, with options for discrete graphics and fast CPUs. This near-ultrabook packs in processing and graphics power, along with an optical drive, at a reasonable price. The only real knock against the Pavilion m6 is that some of HP's higher-end systems hardly cost more but it's not a bad choice. Especially considering the affordable price and not a lot of them offer mid-range to high end specs like the Pavillion M6 does.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice well-rounded laptop for your above-average media consumer., June 4, 2013
We bought this Pavilion m6 laptop for a few primary reasons:

Here's what we wanted:
*3rd Gen Intel Core i5
*8Gb Memory with expandability
*500+ Gb storage (has 750 Gb)
*Optical Drive (Super-Multi)
*Built-in SD card reader
*10 key
*Light-weight
*Better-than average battery life
*Windows 7 (until kinks get worked out of Windows 8)

There were a few machines that met all of these requirements, but this particular model was released just a half-year ago at the end of the Windows 7 run, so that appealed to me.

Here are the extra perks that this machine has that we didn't count on for this price range (considering that we bought it second-hand for around $500):
*The chassis is beautiful, in it's sleek silver design
*Fingerprint authentication and launching shortcuts
*Beats Audio
*Backlit keyboard
*HDMI + VGA

Here are the items that cost it a star:
*While it's nice to have the media controls have dedicated buttons, they designed this at the expense of the F-keys. I regularly use F2, F5, F10, F11, so this was a bit of a nuisance to get used to using the Fn key.
*The screen seems a tad flimsy, which is disconcerting given the size. I have three young boys, and am afraid that at some point one of them is going to go bouncing through the house and the screen will get trashed.
*There is a curious glitch occasionally where the 'Enter' key no longer responds. A support forum described how Windows+X brings up a dialogue, that when closed, will solve the problem.
*Part of me wishes the screen were full HD. 1,366x768 isn't bad, but it could have been much better.
*The keyboard is responsive, but a few keys "squeak." Minor nuisance that gives the machine character.

Overall, I really enjoy this new addition to our electronics portfolio. True, the machine is discontinued now, and only refurbs and used ones are for sale, but in my book, that's a great opportunity to get something barely used for a significant discount! I'm not disappointed in this purchase, and expect the machine to last me for 3-4 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, October 28, 2013
Best deal ever! The laptop is magnificent. I absolutely love it. A perfect match for all my computer needs. I did not have to look anything else once I checked it I was in love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, October 15, 2013
I love this laptop, but I got on black friday 2012 for literally hundreds less. I am not sure I would pay 600-700 for this.

That being said, I have never had any issues and i think its very good looking and works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best i have had so far, July 23, 2013
J S (SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS) - See all my reviews
Purchased this PC as an open box item and I love it! It is by far the fastest I have used to date. The lighted keyboard is something I will make sure I have on every PC from now on, it makes typing so much easier to see everything. Finger print reader is great for storing passwords and automatically signing in to websites and email. It is very light and fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect computer for me, June 18, 2013
I love this computer for what I need. I specifically wanted the backlit keyboard and Windows 7, so it took awhile to find. I love the backlit keyboard. It works great in low light situations. The size is larger than what I wanted, but it's lightweight, so it's not as difficult as I thought it would be, just almost bigger than what will fit in my bag. If they could have packed the features into a smaller screen, it would have been better for my applications. The screen resolution is great, and the sound quality is good. I'm having a harder time getting the recording features to work the way I need them to, but I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed to work and record as specifically as I need it.

3.0 out of 5 stars the features are great. Just seems to have been put together a ..., January 3, 2015

1.0 out of 5 stars No Good, May 27, 2013
Shauna Marsoobian (FLORISSANT, MO, US) - See all my reviews
I have 2 of these, the wife and i both. Mine lasted 3 months before I had to have Best Buy replace my HD. Now the wife's is doing the same thing. Takes 20-30's just to boot, then it wont do anything in less then an hour, web browser, pull up pics or anything. Mine did this same thing until it just wouldn't boot anymore. I could understand one was just bad luck, but to have 2 different ones needing a new hard drive in less then a year. Not a good sign of quality.