Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 Unlocked Phone - US Warranty - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 18, 2012
I must say, Huawei has stepped up thier game with this one. After all the buzz at CES 2012 I really wanted to get my hands on this device, however it wasn't available in the US until now. I used the Samsung Galaxy S II as my daily driver until stepping into the P1. the first thing i noticed was the size. it fits well in my hand and against my face while talking, not awkward and bulky like the S2. it's fast under the hood, and comes with Android ICS vanilla--so i don't have the bloatware from my carrier, and i can customize it how i like. the DLNA works awesome with my Playstation 3, and the graphics are crisp and clean. Best thing about it: Penta Band HSPA+!! I switched from ATT to Tmobile, and I can use the P1 on both! now I am out of contract using the phone i want. I'm pleasantly surprised...i will be keeping this one for a while.
44 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2013
I have had this Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 Unlocked Smart Phone for only 5 days, but my first few days of experience with it are great. I use Consumer Cellular for my mobile phone service. I was able to save all my phone contacts to the sim-card in my older smart phone, remove the sim-card and the mini SDHD memory card and install them in my new smart phone and was instantly reconnected to Consumer Cellular and able to make calls and use the music player and other features. A feature that really impressed me, is that you don't have to open the phone up to install the sim-card and the mini SDHD memory card. There is a covered slot at the top where the sim-card is installed and a covered slot on the right side for the mini SDHD card. After installation, both slots are again covered and the cards securely protected. This was so easy to do and very user friendly. This phone is quite fast, comes with many apps, is slim, light weight and feels and looks great and the price was right. I am an Amazon Prime member and have access to all of my music and apps on their cloud server for this Huawei smart phone as well as my Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 32GB tablet. I save enough on my mobile phone and data service thru Consumer Cellular that it was more cost effective for me to purchase this unlocked phone thru Amazon instead of Consumer Cellular or one of the other major providers. So far I love this smart phone and its many features and will update this review if anything changes.
on July 5, 2013
It took me a long time to choose this phone over Sony Xperia P, Samsung SIII Mini and Nokia Lumia 820. For the price paid I consider this the best choice by far. At first I had a hard time trying to get my contacts from Nokia 701 and in the end after installing Huawei's software I could do it like a breeze!
Pros: Excellent grip, beautiful handset, so thin and lightweight, marvelous screen with vivid colours, Android with a nice manufacturer touch, awesome 3d effects, fast, good audio quality.
Cons: No physical shutter button
In my opinion, in this price range this phone is hard to beat.
on December 18, 2012
I am so excited to see Amazon finally offering a US, fully warrantied, version of the Huawei Ascend P1. I have been waiting for months to see this finally come to the states. In my travels, I was able to demo this device and it's amazing how light, slim, and fast the device is. I wish Huawei would launch more high-end devices with the major carriers, but I am thrilled to have the option to purchase this unlocked and through Amazon!
on December 18, 2012
The Huawei Ascend P1 is simply the best smart phone I have ever used. I am a heavy user focusing primarily on streaming audio & video, social media, navagation and web browsing.
You can read the specs, they speak for themselves: [...]
At a high level, the smartphone is thin and very light. The large screen is full HD with stunning pics and video containing an 8 meg camera. It is fast moving with the dual core 1.5 GHz processor, multi tasking with ease. I am impressed now that Amazon is finally selling an un-locked version of this device so you can activate it on your particular GSM carrier and have a full warranty for peace of mind.

Get after it!
on December 10, 2014
First I'll talk about the good things and end the review with some cons. I like the bright amoled graphic and movie runs nicely. The music sounds pretty good on its Dolby stereo. The internet works flawlessly with a Wifi on.

However, when I first turned it on, everything was in Chinese. I couldn't read a Chinese manual booklet either. Lucky, I was able to turn it to English by watching instructions on youtube.

When a customer service clerk put a sim card in my phone, it froze. She even tried to configure it manually and it still doesn't work. After an hour of struggling with it, we gave it up. CNET was right that this phone isn't optimized for U.S.

I don't understand how it got so many good reviews. Maybe mine is a lemon? Or is it outdated since it was released two years ago? Anyway, I'm sending it back for a refund.
on July 4, 2013
After 2 weeks of use, I are completely satisfied with the Ascend P1. CPU can reach 1.5 GHz after turn off the power saving mold. Search the webs I have not found any major hardware problems about this phone. Yet battery lasts 2-3 days if you are not a heavy user. Well worth the money if you do not want to spend a lot more for a newer or high end products.
Also the seller is very responsible.
Looking forward the P6 to be sold in the US.
on July 23, 2013
is wayyyyy more faster than the s3 mini.. very stylish black on black for a true MAN.
the only downside? u cant use bitorrent to download large files like ISO's, games or 1080p movies this device comes with one SD "emulated" i been try many ways to put my files on my mnt/ext_sdcard/download but the torrent clien always say error, the only way is donwload to the phone and "copy" to ur sd. the internal storage is barely small (2gbs) keep on mind that.
on August 13, 2013
Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 is a respectable piece of equipment. Bought this phone for a friend who respects my advice and wanted some assistance buying a phone (too lazy to research) I did and am really glad. They have positioned themselves to be a real force to contend with in the very near future.

No Complaints for the money. I own an SII and an HTC EVO. I would buy this phone for myself and save alot of money.
Easy to use.Up and running in seconds. Pop in your GSM chip, log in to sync your email and Go! It really should always be so simple.
on May 18, 2013
I've been waiting for a while to have a practical mid-range smart phone that does its job but without a bulky body so that I can put it easily into my pocket.

I see a lot of my friends put their smart phones on their desk whenever I see them, probably due to their bulky sizes or poor battery life (Constant charging, and charging........).

But with Huawei P1, I can barely feel it in my pocket and the battery life is very good. I am a very light user and it can easily last 2-3 days with one full charge. Ever since I own this phone two months ago, I have never charged it in work place or any other places, only at home. I never worry it will run out of juice when it is not supposed to.

What is more, it is fast too and ever since I own it, it has not crashed once .

While the screen is bright with vivid colors, I do wish it came with a higher resolution. Other than that, it is perfect.