5.0 out of 5 stars A best buy kind of phone.
Excellent phone for the money. Excellent reception and voice call quality, good Wifi capability. Recommended for anyone who wouldlike a phone with the capabilities of the top tier phones at less than half the price.

Rooting this phone : [...]

Published 13 months ago by bill

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS
I really dont know what happend, I bought a Huawei Ascend Y300 and my son loved it, so I decided to buy one for him, Surprise!!!! This one is not the same, its some kind of chinesse copy. I was VERY disapointed, never thought amazon would do that, I just click in my previous order and was send to this one.

IT SHOULD SAY ITS A COPY!!!! IT IS NOT THE REAL...
Published 8 months ago by Febricia Perez

5.0 out of 5 stars A best buy kind of phone., July 26, 2013
This review is from: Huawei Y300 Android 4.1 Dual Core 1.0GHz, 4.0 inch WVGA (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Rooting this phone : [...]

The only real drawback is its mediocre INTERNAL memory. Easy to fix,though: get a fast 16 or more gigi micro SD card (level 4 is ok, level 6 better) and change the phone setting to install to the SD card by default before installing apps (Settings-->Storage-->Default Storage Location).

The camera has a flash but don't expect standalone camera picture quality in dim light even with the flash. Skype video calls are fine.

The phone's skin has all the apps on its many screens by default, like a iphone. To put things into better organized folders, drag and drop one icon onto another, then add other icons to the folders this creates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Current best buy Android phone, September 23, 2013
James C. Ladd (Nicosia, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
The phone works great.

I bought this phone 4 months ago in May 2013. Charged it, inserted the sim plus a 32GB SD card, and it just works.

The phone is thin and sturdy. Key features I could not find in any other phone:
-Latest Android
-SD card slot (for memory expansion and swap)
-removable battery (long term use this is a must)
-large, high quality display for a phone. (must fit in pocket)
-modern dual-core processor
-Dual cameras for Skype
-DLNA certified (share video/media to TV et...)
-no major defects, complaints, glitches, et... reported
-major brand
-$150 or less

Concerns:
-Touchscreen, get a case and screen protectors if you want to use this for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple smartphone with rich functionality, July 22, 2013
Pros: cheap, has FM radio, well configured for not experienced android users.
Basic applications like google maps, gmail works well. Liked 'Power saving mode'
which is triggered when battery above twenty something percent. Liked 'File manager'
which is useful and not default installed app in other androids. Liked expandable
SD Card slot.

Cons: couldn't run some apps from Play store. Didn't investigate reason, but
think due to small memory which is expected in smartphones of this class.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent phone, May 30, 2013
great product, excellent price i bought it for a gift and hes really happy with it, the phone is fast and very easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats my last phone and cost $200 less!, January 8, 2014
Mandi (Big Flats, NY) - See all my reviews
I did not purchase on Amazon, so I can't speak to the quality of the seller advertised. But I can speak to the quality of this phone model - which I highly recommend to anyone on a budget looking for a fast smart phone with great call quality.

The biggest con on this phone is that you can only save photos and videos to your SD card - not your apps. This is a problem because the internal phone memory is REALLY tiny. I don't have many apps and the phone freaked out and ran out of memory in a few minutes, then it couldn't update any apps because it was full. I was able to work around this by clearing everything out and NOT downloading any apps other than what was factory installed (they try to automatically import when you enter your g-mail account information). I changed the settings to save to SD card - then when I did download apps, I FINALLY had the option to save to SD. If you save to SD card, you have to leave the icon on the main screen. I went to two Best Buys and no one could tell me how to do this. They told me the phone wasn't capable of saving apps to the SD card. I had to research online and after a few hours stumbled on a web page that described what to do to work around the memory partition. If you import your apps BEFORE you insert the SD card and change the settings, there is no option to save to SD. If you try to change settings to SD after you have apps installed, it gives you a warning message that you will basically make the apps unstable and it persuades you not to do this. Downloading any app moving apps didn't help this situation or allow them to move (no option available to do so). Anyhow, it appears most retailers don't know (or disclose) whether the a phone can save apps to an SD card, so you may want to research this on any phone model you are interested in purchasing. It appears, after my research that Huawei is known to be fairly good about "allowing" SD card to save apps.

This memory issue aside, I am SHOCKED at how much I like the phone. My last phone was an LG Connect - it got dismal battery life from the start (dead in three hours if it wasn't plugged into a charger). This phone can sit on my desk all day and barely loses any battery. I can surf the net for hours and still I am barely down any juice.

The speed is phenomenal, especially compared to the LG I had previously. The screen isn't the sharpest, but at this size, it doesn't matter much. The camera isn't stellar. But the call quality is excellent and the surfing speeds are really fast. Considering that the next best phone is the Samsung and the price is about $400 more, this is the best you can do for a budget smart phone.

My caveat was that I wouldn't get another LG phone because of the SD card unmounting issues and overheating and poor battery life on my last LG phone. In researching the "best" metro pcs smart phone I did note that the LG options didn't seem to have the same 4GLTE capabilities as this one and frankly, didn't look any better. Several sales people mentioned that LG phones tend to be "buggy" and indicated they would go for the Huawei over the LG. I am glad, now that I've been using the phone, that I took their advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calidad y buen precio, November 26, 2013
It's just the phone that I needed. It works 3G in Venezuela and the camera is very good. Just good quality and excellent price.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS, December 10, 2013

IT SHOULD SAY ITS A COPY!!!! IT IS NOT THE REAL HUAWEI!!!!

Dont fall for it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with my first droid phone, July 13, 2013
This phone's performance is very good... the dual core definitely makes a difference.

It powers up within seconds and handles multi-task well.

The only downside I would point out is the battery, but sounds like its typical of droid phones. The good news is that with power management app, that can be stretched.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from Asavings! device not as described, December 16, 2013
Device came inside an opened box! and it has a Telstra's prepaid plan, it comes with Telstra's SIM card so it doesn't work with any other carrier! this device appears listed under unlocked cellphones in amazon's website, filled a claim and amazon stood by the seller, what a shame! you can see the picture under customer images

5.0 out of 5 stars Huawei Y300 Android 4.1 Dual Core 1.0GHz, 4.0 inch WVGA, October 7, 2013
This is my first experience with a "smartphone" and cannot compare it to other devices on the market however, that being said, I find this phone to be head and shoulders above any other I've ever owned whether they were used or new. The speaker phone feature is loud and clear which is a huge plus for me. The only problem at the onset was it came with little user information however with help from other consumers I found a link to download one.The following link should prove helpful.
[...]
This link will take one right to the company website and directly to the manuals for this model phone.
I live in an area beyond that wherein God left off creating on the sixth day so I can only get cable Internet out here. Connecting this phone to the Internet via a router was quick and painless albeit limits one connection to the range of the router.

Rate and Discover Movies