Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 26, 2013
If I had a real complaint, it would only be that the manufacture should include this with the quad, otherwise (especially flying indoors) this thing is a must. Its pretty easy to install, be careful not to tweak your propellers when removing and reinstalling them. Its basically a brace for the arms when you crash and keeps you in the air if you bump into something a wall, ceiling, plant, tree, pinata, domestic pet, etc. I'm not here to judge, I'm just here to say this will prolong the life of your quad if you use it correctly.
on February 12, 2014
Many of the reviews are stating that this guard is heavy and reduces speed, agility, and flight time. They are correct. However, this is still an excellent upgrade if you are primarily flying indoors or near obstructions. Even with the reduced agility, I found myself flying much more aggressively once it was installed because I wasn't risking the propellers. My flight skills improved dramatically as a result.

To me this is an excellent accessory, but I don't always fly with it attached. Sometimes I want maximum performance regardless of the risks. Other times I want to throw it around and not worry about the propellers. It's nice to have the choice.
on September 7, 2013
This plastic propeller protector works well and is easy to install, but it is heavy in relation to the quad rotor. You need to run the throttle at near max to get the quad rotor to take off, which causes the battery to drain faster. Would work better if lighter.
on October 17, 2013
I like this upgrade, but couldn't install it as I have a new improved X4 with the 8mm diameter motors.
This is designed for the smaller 7mm diameter motors.
But HobbyFlip said they'll swap it for me when the larger version is available.
on November 23, 2013
This is great. It makes the X4 much easier to fly. WIth the guards on, if it bumps into something it just bumps off and keeps flying. Less painful for friends. Fewer scratches on walls. Less propeller damage. Also if it can safely touch the ceiling -- in fact it sucks itself into the ceiling in a fairly amusing way.

Unless you're an expert pilot (I'm not!) this is well worth the weight.
VINE VOICEon August 16, 2014
When I first started flying my little quadrocopter, I crashed it maybe 3 times in five minutes. I put it away until this little guard arrived. I was able to install it in five minutes or so, and have crashed that little chopper many dozens of times over the past eight months without damage. Highly recommended.
I noted in the title that the responsiveness suffers, and it does, but only slightly. It's certainly not enough to worry about.
on January 4, 2015
even though i found i had one that came with my copter (hidden taped on the bottom of the box) i am glad i ordered this anyway. can't hurt to have a spare at this price. my first few flights and i was very glad that i took the time to put my guard on. now that i am more used to flying the copter i use it based on conditions but never inside without. easy to put on or take off. just pry up the blades they slide, remove and put the guard on, then the blades back (be sure you put the A & B blades on the right motors per the H107's manual). if you after you might need to recalibrate so it stays level. if you don't know how this video helped me greatly,
on July 30, 2014
Perfect for indoor flying and even making the step to expert mode. Yes the guard slows the X4 down a bit but doing that also makes expert mode a little more easy to get into and try for beginners.

The plastic the guard is made from may be a little flimsy but that seems to help it with the impact of walls or even the ground.

The additional weight, as little as it may be, does decrease flight time because you have to give it a little more throttle to maintain hover.

Overall, a must have for first time micro quad flyers.
on October 27, 2014
BEWARE: Not compatible with 107C!!!

Looks good, built good and from soft plastic, IMHO will be good for 107L

Nevertheless, I have 107C. But this is my mistake and I see no any reason to blame seller.

Guys, again, it's clearly described in title and in questions section, it's for 107L and not compatible with 107C!
on January 4, 2016
For first time drone pilots, you have to be careful. it's not as easy as it sounds. You have to make sure you don't damage your prized starter drone by flying into the wall. I bought two of these Trainers. So far only a few broken propellers and some nasty falls. Even lost a drone over a house and no damage when we found it the next day. I am so surprised.

After over a 100 crashes with my Girlfriends and brothers drone we have yet to see any kind of damage to the main frame of the drone. It's pretty wild to think about it that way. Another thing is the price, you really can't beat it it's amazing and keeps all the valuable electronics safe. The shipping didn't take to long even without amazon prime