Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Huckabee pardoned criminal who may have murdered 4 cops...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2009 11:19:01 AM PST
R. Nelson says:
No Christmas for four police officers in Lakewood WA thanks to a man now being sought for their murder; Maurice Clemmons was pardoned by Mike Huckabee. Another criminal Huckabee pardoned went on to murder a woman. Enjoy the book, folks; the four cops in Wash. state won't have a chance to read it, though, due to Huckabee's decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2009 8:07:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2009 8:11:00 PM PST
mhn92 says:
Huckabee did pardon the guy, but that was nearly 10 years ago when he did that. This Maurice Clemmons has been in and out of jail several times since then. You can't lay the blame on Huckabee alone for these most recent murders. In fact, I don't blame Huckabee at all, but I do question why he had allowed a man who was serving a life sentence to go free.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/412750_pierceco30.html?source=rss

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 4:19:21 PM PST
Huckabee never pardoned this guy, he commuted his sentence. Big difference - There were way more people involved than just Huckabee. He commuted his sentence to 47 years -the killer served 11 years and became eligible for parole.Hmm-doesn"t that involve a parole board? The worst crimes this man committed was in the State of Washigton where the judges set low bail for this man who raped a 12 year old girl- he committed numerous felonies in Washington state. Huckabee isn't to blame for this man's murderous heart and lack of regard for human life. Sometimes evil is just that EVIL.

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 11:56:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2009 11:58:07 AM PST
You CAN justify anything if you bend the
letters... of the law... or words:
EVIL spelled backwards is
LIVE.
Evil DOES live, and Santa's sleigh is pulled by
six does and one buck. There! Now we're ALL
as confused as the guy that started this dumb
conversation. Now, where was I, oh yeah, I'm
one buck short of havin' enough dough to buy
this book. Anybody got one? A buck'r a book'r
do it for me.
Merry Christmas Everybody-- especially the three folks [commentors] before me:
"Ricky Nelson"
"mhn92"
and, who could ever forget
"ye olde book freak"
Happy New Year, and Good-bye*
*= denotes an olde-English contraction for God Be With Ye:
==========================>G O O D - B Y E
Which just goes to show ya, an athiest cannot even SAY it...
maybe life AIN'T fair

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 1:24:47 PM PST
JoeyZ says:
Good lord. Thank heavens for ye olde book freak. I would add the criminal's original sentence was 100+ years, when he was 16 years old. Do agree, evil is evil. Can't blame the Huckster. Not a bit.

But it sure seemed there were a lot of eyes looking the other way when the lovely liberals' Teddy Kennedy walked away and let a girl drown. Saved his own arse, never tried to help her.

The point being, one has to be fair. (In a very unfair world.)

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 1:08:40 AM PST
"Amen! My sister."

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 8:35:11 AM PST
Land Rover says:
Too bad folks can't get over their prejudices (political/religious/regional) to just enjoy some good things in life - thank the Lord that none of us, whether you're a believer or not, can be forgiven for things in our past, whether an outright sin or just a decision that we don't know how it will turn out. Meanwhile, read a sweet little book that reminds us that everybody has a story and usually, those stories are helpful or inspirational to many others. So . . . read the book if you want to, make a fair comment ABOUT THE BOOK then go about living in whatever world you've build around yourself
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about