4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me - not sure what the fuss is about
Published 21 months ago by N. Spencer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy.
Terrible product. The quick disconnect didn't work at all - more water on me than the lawn. The water-to-product ratio is very questionable - I sprayed for 20 minutes at the highest setting and barely distributed an ounce of product. The sprayer gave me a throw distance of about six feet - very inefficient. No regrets returning this product.
Published on September 20, 2012 by dandersenjr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy., September 20, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars good idea, crummy design, June 12, 2011
P. Hill (league city, texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
Low flow rate and spray distance. The meter is way off and uses much more product than it should.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mind Boggled, March 9, 2013
Joe (Memphis, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
Lots of neat measurements on the side of the bottle and the top dial. But no idea what any of it is used for. I joint the masses in denouncing this product as pure dung. My weed killer comes with a virtual booklet of information on how to apply. It has a lovely chart of amount of weed killer to use, amount of water to fill the bottle to per gallon, and how much area it treats. But the hose end sprayer doesn't use of any of that information. Confusing. Used it once and my weeds thrived. So apparently, this sprayer was designed by a wily weed overlord. Save your money. And your sanity. God Bless America.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it!, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
It doesn't spray far enough to be useful for spraying trees. I can get maybe 3 feet of height on the shower setting. The stream setting goes maybe 6 feet, but is too thick of a stream to properly coat the leaves.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible set of instructions, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
Absolutely the worse set of instruction I have ever seen on any kind of product!!!!

I'm trying to use it with a garden hose and put the chemical directly into the sprayer bottle:

* I'm not sure how much chemical to put into the unit in order to comply with the directions on the chemical bottle.
* I do not know what the markings on the green dial are for. I assume for the flow rate of the chemical to water.
* I do not know if, after putting the chemical into the sprayer, how much water to add.
* The instructions on the chemical bottle are in gallons, not liters--which, by the way, the U.S. system of measurements does not normally use the metric system. The sprayer is marked in liters only.

Hudson is a big company with some smart people--surely someone can write a set of instructions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of my time, returning..., July 28, 2012
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
Just picked this up at the local hardware store. Looked like a great idea, as I really like the hose-attached weed killers that you can buy. I thought this would be a great tool, since I could (hopefully) buy cheaper concentrate, and mix it as I want for small spot treatments.

Spent 15 minutes trying to understand their one page of instructions. Sure, I can set the thing for 1tsp, but 1tsp PER WHAT?!? I went to Hudson's website, and found the same useless set of instructions. I thought surely I'm missing something, but no, I visit Amazon and find many others complaining about the same confusion.

I'm sorry, I don't have time to screw around with doing test runs, and the quality concerns that others are bringing up tell me it's time to take this thing back and get my money back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me - not sure what the fuss is about, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
Worked for me just fine. The directions are certainly useless, I wouldn't have known that the settings are supposed to be per gallon if I hadn't dug around online first and found some reviews on Lowes.com saying so. I tested the sprayer before I used it, pouring 2 ounces of liquid into the clear container and spraying into a 2 gallon bucket on the 2 oz setting - did just fine. I still didn't trust connecting it straight to my bottle of Bayer weed killer - so I poured it straight into the container instead. Next time I'll just connect it to the bottle because it did work fine. I will say it did seem to pull a little too much of the product throught the straw - I poured in 6 ounces which should have done my whole yard but I ended up having to pour in another ounce to finish it. But I've had about the same luck with Ortho. Some people have complained about the sprayer being weak - I did notice the "flat spray" was no good. Use the "sprinkle spray" instead. It does actually spray pretty far.

I am a little concerned about the quality - we'll see if it holds up. For $10, if it lasts me a year I'm happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, But Not That Bad, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
When I got this it appeared to be of reasonably good quality. The earlier comment that the jar is only metric is completely wrong. It is marked both in metric measures on one side and US fluid ounces on the other.
But the instructions are atrocious. I could NOT determine how to set the mix of water to product. The Hudson website was of no help either.
I found the instructions on YouTube. Ignore the video, it is promotional garbage. But in the company's comments below the video you will learn how to set the mixture.
The site is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6DLfqJpMRk

1.0 out of 5 stars Hudson Chameleon Hose End Sprayer, June 26, 2012
Junk.
Spray barely squirts 3 feet.
Water leaks at the joints.
Quit sucking the fluid from the bottle after 2 minutes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless garbage, November 20, 2013
This review is from: Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
I hate it. Because instructions are no points, adjusting the dial to do what? As compared to Gilmour 20 gallon hose end sprayer, this chameleon is just a bit of s***. It's too late, can't return it to Lowes anymore.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Hudson Chameleon Adaptable Hose End Sprayer, Model# 62140
$15.90 $9.00
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.