Published 19 months ago by Barbara

3.0 out of 5 stars Very close, but no cigar:(
I really, REALLY wish HUE would realize there's an overlooked demographic of 40+ yr olds out here who would LOVE to wear these potentially best-ever comfy jeggings too.

While these particular jeggings are improved over their past styles, they still have much needed improvements to go.

I am 40-something, 5'7" and about 145/150 lbs. In other words,...
Published 14 months ago by codyaya

3.0 out of 5 stars Very close, but no cigar:(, July 20, 2013

I am 40-something, 5'7" and about 145/150 lbs. In other words, I'm your average 40-something American female. I ordered a size L.

Pros:
- fabric is great! nice and stretchy, but bounces back and retains shape.
- bootcut. not many, if ANYone, looks good in today's "skinny" jean look. so kudos to HUE for keeping at least one bootcut style around.
- rear pockets are placed perfectly.

Cons:
- The rise is still not high enough, ESPECIALLY in the rear! They may be OK to stand in, but the second I sat down, my entire bum was exposed! If these were just a 1/2" higher in the front, and 2" to 3" higher in the back, we'd be in business.
- As-is, the length is OK. But I have a feeling they'd shrink up when washed. I'd like the length 1" to 1/2" longer. Or offer "Tall".

The only other "complaint" I have is that the rinse is way too dark. I'd like a rinse that looks like worn denim (not too dark and not too light, but blue...not almost black).

4.0 out of 5 stars These jeans are near perfect but wish they would have a tighter higher waist, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Hue The Original Jeans Bootcut Legging (Apparel)
I love these bootcut jeans and have 6 pairs total of these and the Hue corduroy versions (which are like velvet..so soft and wonderful). They are near to perfection but I do have trouble keeping them up as the waistband is cut so wide. If you examine these pants, you will notice that the waist is as wide as the hips; there is no cut in for the waist. Maybe the waist could be a tiny bit higher and cut in a bit or they could be made tighter at the waist with some type of heavier stretch product in that area. I am 5'5" and weigh 137 and like many women my age (65), my waist is large relative to my hips, but I still have problems with keeping these up where I like them. I still love these, well enough to continue to constantly pull them up, but being so close to perfection, I am just offering an idea to get them to 100 percent perfection as I see others have had this same issue. Sure wish the manufacturers would consider this, as well as offer these pants in more colors. I'd never buy another pant again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 7, 2013
Love these! I ordered medium although I usually wear a small so that they look more like jeans than leggings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, practical, comfortable non-mom jean!, February 25, 2013
I am a 35 year old wife/mother/student. I have been looking for a nice looking, comfortable, trendy pair of jeans. I wanted something that wouldn't give me the dreaded mom jean butt. The pockets on this are closer together so they make my small, flat butt look better. Also, not too low of a waist. The slim legs make me look taller and thinner. To think all these years I avoided pants that would have made me look thinner and taller just because I was afraid they were too tight-looking! I look ten pounds lighter when I wear these and the bootcut tends to even out my top heaviness (I'm a busty gal). My husband really likes these on me as well and thinks they are sexy without looking like I'm going clubbing. I feel like I have successfully found a sexy, practical, comfortable non-mom jean. And I don't feel self-conscious wearing these because I feel so good wearing them.

I really like the color. The midnight rinse is very dark which looks a little dressier. I also ordered these in medium wash since I loved these ones so much. I don't think I'll be buying regular jeans again. Seriously, these are that good. There is now a permant place for these in my wardrobe. Actually, for several of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta' love 'em, January 19, 2013
Since I discovered leggings, I just can't stop! HUE is my favorite brand, and I have an assortment of leggings now in different materials, colors, and cuts. These boot-cut denims fit well, don't get baggy knees, but do run a little long. They're perfect with two-to-three-inch heels (I'm 5'5" 110 pounds and wear a Small in HUE leggings).

4.0 out of 5 stars Love em!! Soooo comfy! -does stretch out more through the day as you wear., February 19, 2014
So I love the fit and the color...

However.. when you wash them for the first, second, third and fourth time, be sure to put at least 2 of those color catcher sheets in the wash and only wash with other clothes that you don't mind turning blue. Also, if you find your hands/fingers looking a little blue/purple yeah, that's from the pants. if you've had to adjust with pulling up a pant leg (I'm 5'5", so the pants are a tiny bit long - I have to pull them up so the heels don't drag) I had just gotten a french mani and could not, for the life of me, figure out the heck my nail tips were blue 2-3 days later. It was from the pants!

Honestly though, once I figured it out I just washed the mess out of them, the color keeps well and doesn't seem to fade too much. (Wash with Woolite)

I'd buy again when these wear out. :o)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to skinny legging!, October 24, 2013
I bought this because I love how comfortable Hue's leggings are (for travel, etc) but I hate how I look in skinny jeans. It is really very nice. It looks just like jeans (with pockets) and even feels like jeans (just thinner). Only negatives: (1) I think some other reviews mention this, but these have a tendency to ride down in the back, not sure if it should be longer in the back or elastic tighter, but I have to hike these up and (2) they are very long, I am short (5' 3") and they are about four inches too long (i.e., I tried wearing them with 3 inch heels and they were still getting walked on), so I had to hem them in order to wear them (especially because I wanted to wear them with flats.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE JEGGINGS!!, May 29, 2013
I'm a thick girl, size 18 / 5'6 & these fit me perfectly!! They are a little too long for me but that's ok.. I'd suggest washing these before wearing to remove excess dye so it doesn't transfer to your skin or other clothes. I'd recommend these to anyone looking for jeans that flatter any figure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Hue The Original Jeans Bootcut Legging (Apparel)
I was unsure what size to get- I'm 5'8 190 lbs. and the large fits well. As stated by others, they do ride down in the back which is annoying. And they are the perfect length if I'm in flats, but a bit short if I'm in heels. Super comfortable. Wish they had a better variety in boot cut.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fit is weird and inconsistent within products, October 25, 2013
I have other leggings exactly like this but in different colors, and they fit much, much better than the black. The black leggings are somehow a little too small in the thigh, too low on the hips, but also somehow too large in the waist. The other colors I've gotten in this fit much better-- I don't understand why these are so different.

Hue The Original Jeans Bootcut Legging