Most helpful critical review
27 of 29 people found the following review helpful
Very close, but no cigar:(
on July 20, 2013
I really, REALLY wish HUE would realize there's an overlooked demographic of 40+ yr olds out here who would LOVE to wear these potentially best-ever comfy jeggings too.
While these particular jeggings are improved over their past styles, they still have much needed improvements to go.
I am 40-something, 5'7" and about 145/150 lbs. In other words, I'm your average 40-something American female. I ordered a size L.
- fabric is great! nice and stretchy, but bounces back and retains shape.
- bootcut. not many, if ANYone, looks good in today's "skinny" jean look. so kudos to HUE for keeping at least one bootcut style around.
- rear pockets are placed perfectly.
- The rise is still not high enough, ESPECIALLY in the rear! They may be OK to stand in, but the second I sat down, my entire bum was exposed! If these were just a 1/2" higher in the front, and 2" to 3" higher in the back, we'd be in business.
- As-is, the length is OK. But I have a feeling they'd shrink up when washed. I'd like the length 1" to 1/2" longer. Or offer "Tall".
The only other "complaint" I have is that the rinse is way too dark. I'd like a rinse that looks like worn denim (not too dark and not too light, but blue...not almost black).