5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike
This is a great bike, it is very comfortable to ride. Definitely it is a very good bike for the price I paid for it.
Published on April 21, 2012 by Pablo Avalos

Published on January 10, 2012 by Irish

1.0 out of 5 stars Wheel was bent, tried to return it, still on hold with customer service. Not happy at all, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Huffy 26-Inch Ladies DS-3 Dual Suspension Bike (Amethyst) (Sports)
I bought this bike for my wife for Christmas. Last minute shopping made easy. It arrived before Christmas and I was pumped. I had it shipped to my work so the surprise wouldn't be ruined. Box looked like it was in great shape. Sweet. This can't be too hard. So I loosened my tie, rolled up my sleeves, and got to work. Assembly wasn't too bad. Had to find a couple of tools, but the manual was pretty self-explanatory and I assembled it without incident.

I tried to take it for a spin around the office, and that is when I noticed that the rear brakes were sticking. I spent a few minutes trying to tweak them, and still, the wheel wouldn't spin properly. As I tried to loosen the brake assembly, the end cap on the brake cable came loose and the razor sharp brake cable sliced open my hand. Seriously, they make barbed wire for prisons that aren't as sharp as this brake cable. So there I am, in a suit, bleeding like a stuck pig. Fantastic. Time to head home. I'll deal with the brakes later. I tossed the box in the dumpster behind the office and headed for home.

Two days later my wife got her Christmas bicycle, and she was stoked. Jackpot. Until she tried to ride it. It was then that we realized that the brakes were fine, but the rear rim was bent. A lot. Bummer. I waited until after the holiday and called Amazon. They said that they would replace my broken bike, except they were out of stock. Double bummer. Next best thing was to refund my money. They said that UPS would be by in the morning to pick up the bike.

How do I box it up, I say? I threw out the original packaging. No worries, Amazon man says. UPS will pick it up. Too bad that UPS wouldn't take the bike without a box. Called Amazon to have them ship me a box. No dice. So now I'm stuck with a broken bike, no way to return it, and I have got nothing but the run around from Amazon for 3 days. During that time I have learned the following: 1) Domestic customer support is way better than trying to understand the people they outsource to. 2) Amazon sells 15,945 shipping boxes, but none of them fit a 43 lb. bicycle. 3) It costs about $40 to buy a bicycle shipping box online (the bike only cost a $100. why would I spend $60 to ship a broken one back to Amazon? 4) I can get a $10 Amazon credit to buy a $40 box, but I can't buy the $40 box on Amazon. 5) I'm seriously pissed. I just want my money back, or a new bike, and I want them to take this broken bike back.

Amazon is usually pretty good. But this time....EPIC FAIL! Save yourself the time and trouble. Go to Wal-Mart and buy this bike in the store.

2.0 out of 5 stars I had some problems with this one., March 13, 2012
shipping was very fast. The problem with this item was that the brakes were defective.Anyway, maybe it was only the item that I received because I buy from amazon on a regular basis and never had an issue with anything before this purchase. I want to say that when I returned the item I did not have any issues either and everything worked out very well. Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Parts, September 30, 2011
Loved the bike at first til I went to put the seat together and relaized there wasn't a seat, now I am having the hardest time finding the seat post and the seat it self.. other then that I like it!

1.0 out of 5 stars worst purchase ever!!!, March 28, 2012
I bought that bike for $100 and when it got delivered, the pedals were missing. Amazon sent me another one, but it was impossible to assemble, the brakes were not working and I ended up having it repaired before even using it once!!! It cost me $70 in a local shop, so more than half the price of the bike.

The 1st defective bike has not yet been sent back, due to problems with the carrier, and if this is not settled soon, I will be charged for not sending it in time. It's a real shame, and I will never again purchase this kind of items online, it's just not worth it!

This bike is cheap and doesn't deserve all the troubles I went through. Do not buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars After a year its still going strong, November 4, 2012
We've had this bike for a year now I bought this for my wife. we changed the seat. It cam mostly assembled just had to put the wheels and handle bars on. We've keep it outside uncovered ex[posed to the elements and small children and have no issues taking it to the canyon. Been a quality bike and at about $100 a great buy,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike, April 21, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars A very disappointing product and experience, June 9, 2011
I don't normally provide reviews for items, but had such a disappointing experience with this product and Amazon that I just had to write about it. My wife and I were looking for an inexpensive mountain bike as a birthday present for our oldest granddaughter (she just turned 14). We found the Huffy 26-Inch Ladies DS-3 Dual Suspension bike and it looked like it fit the bill. We ordered it from Amazon with 5-7 business day shipping on the 26th of May. It arrived on June 6th, the day after our daughter's birthday party (I would chosen faster shipping, but the cost was exorbitant, and given that Amazon HQ's is in Seattle, I didn't expect it to be shipped from the East Coast!). At any rate, it was dumped on our driveway, so that my wife when she arrived home, had to lift the heavy box and move it out of the way. The box was torn, and had parts sticking out of the box, although not too much. When I had time a couple of days later to put the bicycle together, I was able to open the box and take out the components (there were various subassemblies that had already been put together), and it appearred that there was no significant damage, although there were small scratches on various components, and the parts were all very dusty. With all the sub-assemblies out, I started to look them over and was looking for the assembly instructions. There were none! I checked the box and packaging thoroughly. Still no instructions or owner manual. I contacted Amazon by phone. The person on the other end of the line told me that I could return the item. The box was apart, the present was already late, this was not the answer I wanted, and I was not willing to wait for another 2 weeks to receive an item that shouldn't have arrived the way it did. Moreover, all I wanted was instruction on how to put the bicycle together. I was eventually able to slowly figure out how the components went together with a largely unhelpful instruction guide that I managed to find on the Huffy website. I did take the bicycle over to my daughters house and my granddaughter is supposedly riding it, but I have no idea how well it will hold up.
All in all this was this was not a very pleasant experience either with Amazon, or Huffy. While my granddaughter is riding the bike, I wouldn't not recommend purchasing a bike from Huffy or through Amazon, based on my experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, low price., September 14, 2011
not easy to assemble, but I made it up by myself.
look great! worth to the price for a new bicyle.
It takes about one week to get it.

Rate and Discover Movies