Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Price:$69.97 - $240.66

on November 16, 2012
I got this for my 9 year old son last weekend (at Target). He worked to save 1/2 the money for it. We followed the directions and assembled it. It took an hour or so to get it all put together and he really enjoyed it for about a 1/2 hour till the seat came off. I went back out to look at it and there were cracks on the seat and the plastic had pulled way from the mounts on all 4 screws. I debated bringing it back to Target but opted to contact Huffy for a replacement seat and got the duct tape out and fit it back together and reinforced it and sent him back out. It held together for a while.

Looking at my neighbors the seat is completely different on this new model and has 2 small metal bars that the plastic seat screws into as the user turns and weight shifts around there is much more pressure put on the seat and it rips the screws out. IMHO this is a poor design. The cheap plastic is not designed for this stress so it cracks and pulls away from the screws.

I did contact Huffy and registered on line and asked them to send a replacement seat. The web site said I would hear back in 24-48 hours and I provided email and phone. I am on day 5 with no response and I called their 800 number. I did not have my paperwork with me and after telling him that was ok because I registered on line they don't have my information because it takes a month for them to get the on line registrations (now I understand there are organizational design issues too). I will need to contact them again once I have my paperwork with me. I am now thinking this might require some swamp Yankee engineering and I might reinforce the bars with a wider plate that can with some heavier materials and integrate a bike seat into it that would be more durable.

My son likes it and had a lot of fun with it but poor design and poor customer service have left a bad taste in my mouth.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
I had a Green Machine when I was a kid. The whole thing was plastic! Huffy made this awesome new green machine using a real rubber front tire, steel frame, and the wide slick wheels on the back that make the green machine spin awesome 360's. I could not wait to give it to my son and see his face. His head just about exploded! All his buddy's dropped their bikes and where taking turns riding and then another kid who already had one saw the other kids riding and brought his over too. I happy to see the joy this green machine brought my son just as the one my mom bought for me. It was also cool to have my son out of the house and off the video games for a change interacting with some friends. My son still likes his bike, but told me this is a green machine is cool and does more than his bike plus everyone who see's him on it thinks he's cool! I could not have made a better purchase. Goodbye Xbox hello world!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
My husband always wanted a Green Machine and finally got his wish! He is about 200 lbs. and 5 foot 11 inches tall and it even fits him. No problems so far :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2013
My son got this for Christmas 2012. In April of 2013 a friend was over and the seat cracked. I went to Huffy's website and hit the contact button. I explained what had happened and that I thought the seat design was lacking. The next morning I got a response saying a new seat was on its way. They had redesigned it. I did not have to fill out any forms or anything. Just "We have a new seat on the way"

What a nice thing to see, a company that actually is interested in Customer Service. Way to Go Huffy!
on January 28, 2013
The 20 inch size is better. We bought one of each for my older son (10) and younger daughter (6). The 20" is by far a better product. It has real bike wheels and breaks. This 16" has a plastic front wheel and no brakes.
However both green machines are a blast. The kids have abandoned their scooters and bikes and use these all the time. I'd recommend getting the 20" if you have a choice but it is big enough for an adult which makes it hard for smaller kids to use it.
on August 7, 2014
Wheel on back split open the first week. Dissatisfied
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2013
I'm going to make this quick bc I see plenty of mediocre reviews...
I bought these last Christmas in 2012 for my 5 1/2 & 7 3/4 year old boys. The 5 year old needed the 16in and just now fits it very well but fit barely last Christmas. The 7 year old fit perfect on the bigger 20in with room to grow. The 16in is more cheaply build, primarily because it is for a younger child and getting your bodily limbs stuck in or run over by plastic is more pleasurable (ie: less painful) than metal and rubber. I did not see the wisdom on Christmas Day last year, but I know that for a fact now.

The 20in is sturdy and durable. My 2 kids were immediately envied by all of their friends who did not get a green machine for Christmas. Many of their friends spent there Christmas gift cards to buy one and their parents even load it up in the car to bring them over to our cul-du-sac. All the children have had a blast on these. An absolute blast. Both boys and girls love these. For a reviewer to write a poor review bc their kid experienced a "sharp turn" & fell off is like saying you won't let the kid walk because he might fall. When you make an omelette, you must break a few eggs.
This toy gives kids exercise, improves balance, inadvertently teaches them about physics, and most importantly, provides hours of fun.

It just froze over here in Dallas and the kids got to stay home from school. Now 6 & 8, They asked to ride bikes...but the streets have an inch of uneven ice. No bikes...however, green machines did work. They were slipping and sliding and towing friends on sleds. It was a riot on wheels and they played like kids should. They aren't perfect, but these green machines are great.
Cons: they are harder to see by cars bc they are so low to the ground, especially at night & they take up odd space in the garage.
on November 30, 2012
Really glad I caved and got this for our kids. We put it together and have all had a great time. Blast from the past for sure!
on November 29, 2012
The Green Machine is the hit of the neighborhood! It is almost as much fun to watch others ride and spin out as it is for you to do ride it yourself! Everyone participating is laughing and smiling. The Green Machine reminds me of times when I was a kid, and it is just wonderful to watch children enjoy active play outside when there is so much technology and sitting in today's society. It is so much fun to ride!
on December 30, 2012
My kids asked specifically for these and I was so excited when we got them. However, it's probably the worst purchase we made and what a waste of money. First of all, it is completely self assembly. Takes about 45 minutes or so, no big deal really because we don't mind putting things together.

My son was able to enjoy his Green Machine literally from Christmas evening until the afternoon of the next day. We noticed that there were two cracks on either side of where the seat mounts to the bar and shortly after the whole seat just broke off. I'll post a photo of what I'm talking about as soon as I figure out how to post one.

If you're assuming that it may have been a weight limit issue, my son is only 90 pounds. I am really kind of angry about this because we work hard for our money. We paid nearly $100 for a product that broke almost immediately. I had seen a review before purchasing about the seat, but I also saw some that claimed it was great. I WISH I HAD LISTENED TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEW.

After my son's broke, I called a mother of one of their friends who has this same bike, and she told me as well that shortly after they purchased his that the seat cracked just like that.