5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new bike
Published on April 16, 2012 by J. Holland

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price!
I am a first time bike rider, and needed something with big, fat wheels for stability, and an upright position for my balance. I wanted a step-through retro looking model with a rear rack, so this model fit the bill.

Published 23 months ago by NotAnotherTourist

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new bike, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Huffy Women's Ocean Deluxe Bike (Blue Metallic, Large/26-Inch) (Sports)
This is not a high end bike...this is a Huffy beach cruiser...no gears and only the simplest of mechanics. That is why I already love it. I've owned really nice bikes, high end bikes...taken them even year to the bike shop to get tuned, fretted over every scratch and dent...this is not a bike I'm going to worry about roughing up. It rides great, was fairly simple to assemble and it looks super cute...like a much more expensive bike. If you're looking to hit the mountain trails, this is not the bike for you, but if you want to ride down to the mailbox, around the neighborhood or around town over some reasonably flat surfaces, or in my case ride to our community beach, this will be a great well-equipted bike. It even came with a cup holder for my water bottle and a basket. I'm looking forward to a fun summer on my cute new bike! It arrived without a scratch in a large box via UPS - free shipping via Amazon Prime and took about an hour to assemble.

5.0 out of 5 stars My mom LOVES it., May 12, 2012
Instead of more flowers or jewelry, I sent my mom this bike for mothers' day this year. She said, "Oh, you must have spent a lot on this bike; it is much nicer than my Schwinn (which became defunct and needed replacement). It is very sturdy and well-built, and the color is beautiful!" It arrived more quickly than I thought it would, and my nephew put it together for her very quickly. She took it out right away and enjoyed the feel of the ride. Her old Schwinn was a 3-speed, but she always said that she just wanted a simple bike, like the one she had years ago. Now she's got it. To the pool three days a week, and bike riding the rest. Keeping mama healthy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love my bike, May 12, 2012
I was very pleased to receive my bike three days after ordering---free shipping, yet. I was able to complete the assembly all by myself and I rode it the very day it arrived. I just wanted a simple bike, like I had as a kid. It has a comfortable seat, which was important to me. I'm 73 and haven't ridden for years, but I feel very safe. I would prefer a larger basket. Yay for Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, cute, cute!, April 28, 2012
I just took my first spin around the block on my cute!new!bike! It's very comfortable, with a nice smooth ride, and my husband was able to assemble the entire thing in under an hour. The cupholder has these little snugging things (yes, that is a technical term) inside to keep your water bottle secure. The basket is sturdy and a decent size, but we didn't attach it because I want a wicker one for that "real bike" feel. In all, I absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bike!! Easy assembly!, May 13, 2012
I love this bike! I have gotten so many complements!! It was extremely easy to assemble! Huffy is a very dependable bike!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a very good value for a cruiser bike, August 4, 2012
My expectations were not that high for this product. At about half the cost of a similar bike from a reputable bike shop I assumed the quality would be much lower.

The bike arrived in the factory huffy box which is about 10" x 30" x 50". The box is large but not as big as I expected. The bike comes mostly assembled but be careful when removing it from the box as they pack it such that just grabbing parts out may bend a few of the wheel spokes.

The instructions could really use more pictures but I ended up not even using them. For the most part it is obvious how to put the bike together. The pedals have little L and R stickers to denote which side the attach to. Be careful as the thread direction is different on each (standard on bicycles). Before installing the front basket I recommend giving the bike a test ride to ensure you like the handlebar location as the basket blocks the handlebar adjustment screw.

All together the first bike took me about an hour or so to assemble and the second one about 30 minutes. For tools you really needs some nut drivers or wrenches and a Phillips head screwdriver. You will also need a few allen / hex keys. The bolt sizes are metric so standard tools don't work as well.

Once assembled I inflated the tires and went for a ride. I was surprised at the ride of the bike for the price. It is a very good value. It does not feel as solid as a more expensive bike but for the money it is a good purchase. The quality seems high enough that I expect it to last for years. The frame is solid steel. My only complaint is the seat feels a bit flimsy and plasticy but it is still soft and comfortable.

The bike is single speed and geared pretty high so I only recommend this bike for riding in flat areas. If there are slight hills you'll find yourself standing up to pedal.

On one of the bikes I had a tire rubbing the fender making an annoying noise. To fix this I closely inspected the tire as it rotated and saw where it was rubbing. Pulling on the fender to bend it just slightly I was able to create the few millimeter clearance necessary to eliminate the noise.

The other issue was the chain had been set a hair too tight by the factory resulting in a loud clicking noise every time the rear hub cycled. To remedy this I loosened the rear wheel hub bolts moved the wheel forward just a hair to achieve 1/2" chain deflection as directed in the instruction manual. I then re-tightened the bolts and the bike is pretty much silent.

For the cost I think this bike is hard to beat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love my new bike!, August 27, 2012
I researched a ton of bikes and settled finally on this one, mostly due to the accessories it came with and positive reviews. The bike arrived from Amazon quickly, in good shape and wasn't missing anything. My husband assembled the bike and he said it was easy but he is very mechanical. My only negative comments are that the fenders rattle quite a bit. I am not used to this since I've never had fenders but my husband said this is normal on all bikes with fenders. Also the seat is very comfortable but it is very springy. Not cheap in my opinion but very springy. The springs probably make it more comfortable but I am used to a very firm sturdy seat. This one has some give to each side when riding and I feel a little off balance; I am quickly getting used to it. My only other negative is that when making a u-turn my foot hits the fender but I have size 11 feet and that is quite big for a woman.

Now my positive comments are that the seat is quite wide and very comfy. The bike is beautiful, very retro looking. The bike is geared perfectly! On flat terrain I am speeding along faster than my geared bike and without the noise of gears. I hardly have to put any effort into pedaling to get myself going on flat roads. Really, I do quite a bit of coasting and I've never found that to be the case with other bikes. Hills are slightly (yes, only slightly) more difficult but I had reasons for wanting a bike without gears. First off, I want to just ride and not focus on messing with gears. Also, I like the pedal brakes and those only come on single speed bikes. I like the pedal brakes since I can take pictures of my ride, without having to stop because my hands are free. I would not feel comfortable doing that with handbrakes. This bike feels very sturdy and not cheap at all. It's a great height. I have my seat set somewhere in the middle and I am 5' 7.5". When the seat is set to the bottom, it is way too low. I know some shorter people on here reviewed that it was too tall for them, but I wonder if they have shorter legs. I know I'm a little tall but this bike doesn't feel too tall in any way, and I have plenty of room to give. I love the cup holder; I never knew what I was missing until I got this bike. All bikes should have one. It is flexible inside so it holds your cup or bottle securely and allows for different cup sizes. The basket is very very small but still cute. I love the rack on the back and have tied a milk crate to it for the extra storage since I make runs to the store and the beach with the kids. I took the bike out on my camping trip last weekend and it handled very well on paved roads, gravel, dirt and in the grass.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price!, August 4, 2012

The box arrived in a horrible condition (absolutely beat up, with several dents and holes- when I opened the box, a few screws fell out, which I later realized, were the few screws that actually survived the shipping trip)! The basket was completely dented (and missing said screws), so we couldn't attach the bike, and didn't want to go through sending the whole thing back and risking another dented bike being sent. Amazon gave me a partial refund to replace the basket (see my other reviews for the bungled shipping job on that rattan basket).

Assembly wasn't easy in comparison with a previous bike purchased, but we managed. The front fender was bent and was scraping the wheel, so it took some creative bending to get it back into place.

All in all, I feel safe and secure now on this bike, although I'd missed that it doesn't have front grip-brakes, and that in order to break you have to pedal backwards (which isn't always easy), but I guess I'll have to get used to it. Personally, it's a great starter bike for my needs, and will do the job getting me around town to and from the shops.

4.0 out of 5 stars awsome bike. needs alot of tools., April 27, 2012
I love my new bike. Shock obsorbing seat vintage detailing makes it feel lush. But it takes half my tool kit to put together.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a Huffy, what else can I say., June 21, 2012
Looked at the local stores and could not find what we wanted. This is a smooth riding bike. Just to go to the mailbox or around the neighborhood it's a great ride. As for long distance, you would want one with different gears though.

Rate and Discover Movies