Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 4|Unit Count: 64|Change
Price:$36.91+ $7.99 shipping

on May 13, 2011
Huggies Overnites diapers used to be the BEST! Thick, incredibly absorbent. But, the diapers in the package I received earlier this week are entirely different - cheaper in every way.

Yes, these are the "Winnie the Pooh" diapers others have been complaining about (though the "Pooh" printed Huggies Supreme daytime diapers I've received have been fine.) I should have listened to those reviews, it's just that my experience with Huggies had been very positive until now.

ARRGH! I work in manufacturing, and I know material costs have gone up substantially in recent months. The way Huggies has dealt with this, apparently, is by switching to a cheap, inferior product (as opposed to taking lower profits or raising prices.)

On the new version of the Overnight diapers:

-Much of the padding has been removed. In the crotch and rear of the diaper, there is substantially LESS padding than the existing, standard DAYTIME Huggies Supreme diapers have.
-The velcro patch is a lighter-weight, lower-quality material, and area on the front part of the diaper where you attach the velcro is much smaller. As a result, the new diapers don't attach as securely, and it's much easier for your baby's skin to be chafed by the rough edge of the velcro tab, as mosr of the protective material in front has been cut away.
-The "leak lock" area on the sides of the diaper through the crotch is thinner and less elastic than on the old style diapers, so the diaper doesn't fit as well and LEAKS.

I had the pleasure of changing the sheets EVERY NIGHT THIS WEEK (between 1AM and 4AM)thanks to these new diapers. So frustrating! Each time, the diaper didn't even seem very full, it just leaked everywhere. Finally, last night I switched back to a daytime Huggies Supreme diaper...it was the first night all wee my son slept though the night, and we were both a lot happier in the morning!

Look, I want to buy top quality diapers. I can afford to buy top quality diapers. I also work full time and am single mom to a two-year-old, and my son and I both really need our sleep. I'd much rather pay for - and actually receive - premium night-time diapers, than have to change my son's pajamas and sheets in the middle of the night, night after night, because Huggies decided they could save some money buy trading their quality product for cheap crap.

If anyone knows of a brand that still makes top quality overnight diapers, please let me know!! I'll keep an eye on the reviews in the hope that they'll switch back to the older, quality version, but for the near future I am DONE with Huggies Overnites.
5151 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
There are two types of kids out there. There's the kid that pees frequently, but in small quantities; and there's the kid that pees 42 1/2 gallons of liquid somewhere between 2:30 and 3:00 a.m., straight up in the air, soaking him from head to toe while getting the cat, too.

I have the latter type of kid.

We've been using Pampers Baby Dry since the little man was about 3 months old. When he was about 6 months old, he was consistently waking up soaked in the middle of the night. Since using the Overnights, he has not woken up with soaked pajamas since. This is one serious diaper. It's the Kevlar of disposables. It's stiff, thick and doesn't look all that comfortable. It's a long diaper and the tabs tighen about 2/3 of the way up his chest. The tabs are sturdy, and we have not had a ripped one. The quality of the diaper is far superior to the Baby Dry, but this is a much more expensive diaper. The elastic at the waist is loose on my little string bean, but still keeps the wetness in. This is probably a diaper that would also fit a stockier kid quite well.

This is not a diaper for day use. In fact, I need to get it off him first thing in the morning, because if I don't he'll get a bit of a diaper rash. I don't consider this a con because I'm looking for the nuclear sub of wetness protection. I don't think the diaper will move well with a toddler, but it's not the intended use. Complaining about daytime wear is like complaining that your snow tires don't perform well in the summer.

All in all, I can't imagine life without this product. If this diaper weren't available, we would have seriously had to consider putting the little man to bed in the bathtub.
1515 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 20, 2012
I have used and loved Huggies Overnites for several years with two children - they work great and never leak. However, I recently received my latest subscription box of Huggies Overnites Size 5. I used the diapers from this new box for three nights and each night my baby's diaper had a huge leak. After the third night with a leaky diaper, I finally examined the diaper to realize that the Overnites have been redesigned and are now inferior to the Overnites I have previously purchased. The new Overnites have substantially less diaper material on the sides of the diaper, which causes the diaper to easily leak from the sides. The inside back/waist area also no longer has the strip of material that helps prevent leaks out the back. Without these features, the Overnites are as ineffective as generic diapers. The copyright on the new diaper is "2011 KCWW E." The copyright on the old diaper is "2010 KCWW D."

I cancelled my Overnites subscription and am now looking for a different night diaper. Bring back the old design, Kimberly-Clark!!
2929 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2011
After using this brand for over 6 months they now have Winnie the Pooh on them and Huggies must have changed the make-up because there are more night time leaks. And after 2-3 days of wearing them our son has the worst blistering diaper rash he has ever had! We were so happy with the product for so long...what happened??!! This is similar to what happened when we tried Pampers Drymax. We are not happy.
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Update: 12/9/12: It appears Huggies Overnight has once again changed these diapers, but this time, it's for the better. The diapers in recent shipments are once again thick on the sides and back, with new quilted padding extending all the way to the sides. We haven't had a leak in weeks - a some have been real whoppers after a whole night, coming in at 10-12 oz. If I limit their fluid intake to 8 oz before bed, they're able to sleep through until the next morning and the diapers don't get as saturated - even if a diaper can absorb all this, I'd rather avoid having my child in a heavy wet diaper.

One thing I have noticed is that the inside and outside of the diapers feel drier to the touch, even when "soaked". Others we've tried feel wet. There is also a difference in fit - the size 4 is snug on my husky son (36" & 30 lb) and more prone to leaks, and roomier on my slim daughter (35", 28 lb) who never has leaks. I ordered one size up (5, for 27 lbs +) for my son and have had zero leaks since. Interestingly, I checked the copyright numbers on the "new diapers" (size 5) received this week - and it's 2010 KCWW E - older than the flawed redesign that was causing so many issues until recently. Is it a revamped "old design"?

Thank you Huggies for listening to your customers and improving this diaper - and maybe bringing back the old design :)

Please note only the shipments of #5s have changed. This was the size I was getting leaks with, as were many other parents - perhaps because it is for older kids who tend to drink more and be heavy wetters. The #4s for my daughter are unchanged, but I've had no leaks with those.

*****
As a mom of baby twins, I need diapers that will hold up at least 10-12 hours to reduce the number of diaper changes at night (and get some sleep). After trying multiple brands, including Pampers Cruisers Ultra Absorbent and Kirkland's Diapers, none matches the absorbency of these. More importantly, my babies have not developed diaper rash from prolonged contact with urine as has happened with the Cruisers.

These overnight diapers are essential for travel by car or by air, so you won't have to worry about looking for public restrooms to change youir child.

Likewise, they come in very handy in your car when potty training - we keep a stack of these along with PRI 4-In-1 Soft Seat Toilet Trainer and Step Stool White with Pastel Blue Seat and a container of Pampers Sensitive 3X Wipes 192 Count (Pack of 4). Place one of these diapers inside the potty's bowl, secure with the lid, and any mess will be immediately absorbed and contained. No risk of spills or accidents. Dispose of it by rolling up the diaper and securing the velcro ends and/ or placing it in a ziploc bag. This potty seat holds up to 45 lbs, so a preschooler can use this method. It will be a lifesaver if you have several small children in different stages of diapers, potty training and beyond.

If your child is closer to the maximum recommended weight, I recommend sizing up. When they're too form fitting they are not as absorbent and there is a chance of leaks, as is the case with almost all diapers.

It is unfortunate that the diapers have gone up in price; however, none of the big box stores carry them and other stores offer them for far less. They're still a bargain. And if it means not having to comfort a soaking wet baby and change sheets in the middle of the night, they're still worth it.
on May 2, 2011
We have been using these for over a year on my son and until this last shipment, we only had one leak! So far, we are 3/3 on the new diapers, which is so disappointing. When I put them next to the old diaper (mickey design) the new ones (pooh bear) feel a lot thinner. Im not sure what changed, but please bring the old design back! Hopefully I can find a new overnight diaper that won't leak.
on April 26, 2011
After using Huggies overnights since our son was just a few months old we recently received the new Winnie the Pooh
design of Huggies overnights. We have had nothing but leaks every single night! We are so frustrated. The diapers are
a lot smaller and there is less padding than the Mickey Mouse design. I hope this was just a bad batch otherwise we're
back to double diapers.
on April 10, 2011
I had left an average review for these diapers a few months ago saying they must have changed the way they made them because they were overflowing nightly. I'm happy to say this problem is no more! She sleeps 13 hours a night and I have no need to change her in the middle of the night! These diapers work perfectly fine at preventing overnight diaper leaks.
on December 26, 2013
We normally use cloth, but use disposables for errands/travel or when the laundry gets away from us. These perform well overnight, for naps, and on long drives, fit well, and happily don't have the cloying overpowering fragrance of the overnight Pampers.
on May 23, 2011
I have used the Huggies overnights in the past without any problem and they were good. I purchased these in April and ever since I have been using them my son has had a leak several times a week. previous to this he had experience almost NO leaks. What a pain in the **s when your child wakes up crying in the middle of the night because he is wet all over because his diapers suck. He wakes up soaking wet and wet through his diaper about 40% of the time. I am switching back to the Pampers overnights (They are not called that but you can figure out which ones' to get) the pampers are way better.
- Leaks
- child wakes up soaked through
- quality is not what it used to be