5.0 out of 5 stars Best diapers we tried
Published on August 30, 2010 by Loving Mommy

Published 16 months ago by kstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diapers we tried, August 30, 2010
I always read bad reviews to see if there is something informational there, but bad reviews for Huggies are just as strange as it could get. Diaper is designed to simplify parents life in comparison to regular cloth ones - from 20-30 years ago. But reading bad reviews I could not stop wondering why people are expecting these diapers to absorb unlimited quantity of pee? When you see "crumbs" this is actually a sign that you NEEDED to change this diaper ages ago. These are good diapers, but they need to be changed frequently like all other diapers. The older your kid the more often you need to change him - (s)he pees you know like a big boy or a big girl. These diapers are pretty absorbent, but it does not mean that you need to let your kid explore its capacity every time. In order to allow your kid to go through potty training successfully you still need to change him fairly often to give him a "clean" feeling. On another note accidents still might happen, this is why they are called accidents, and they will happen in any diapers, because kids are moving objects - mine 2-year old does not stop period even for food. Even my boy being so active I can assure that we did not have an accident for very long. Couple leak accidents we had in the beginning when diaper was not put properly due to kid not laying down still even for a second. I have a boy, so I can say these diapers are perfect for very active boys. Instructions are very simple - put diaper on, check how you did it, giggle with your kid when pushing his legs towards his tummy to allow better fit - done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Anatomy of a Diaper vs. the Anatomy of a Little Human, March 16, 2014
Shopping for a diaper is kind of like studying Dickens. It will be the best of times, the worst of times, you'll laugh, you'll cry and you'll be compelled to write long winded tomes about your experience. Most parents here are evaluating Huggies Little Movers against Pampers Cruisers. They both have their strengths and I like them both. I once tried Luvs, but the were purple and had monkeys on them. Monkeys scare me. I hate monkeys.

Little Human #1, born in 2010, is a string bean. He's shaped like one of those stick bugs you find stuck to your siding in the summer. Little Human #2, c. 2013, is shaped like Defensive Line for the Denver Broncos. So much so, I thought the midwife forgot to deliver his butt and handed me two sets of shoulders. His hind quarters literally disappear under the girth of his upper body. LH #1 was a Pampers guy for the most part, except at night. I could cinch up the waist and could send him on his merry way. LH #2, not so much.

The waistband on Huggies is wide and stretchy. The diaper is also quite long, which means if you have a shorter waisted child, you may need to set the diaper near his armpits in order for it fit properly. The issue I had with Pampers, which was shorter, was that the diaper would fall as he wiggled and he would pee out the top. LH #1 rarely peed out the top. The Huggies seem to stay put on the belly better; however, since I need to size up in order for the diaper to fit around his waist, he pees out the side when the diaper is new. This happens with Pampers, too. As he reaches the middle weight range for the diaper, this issue completely goes away. In the interim, this can be addressed by making sure the elastic in the legs is stretched over their leg rolls. My other issue is that LH #2 likes to be naked, so the second that diaper is off, the kid is halfway to Canada. Since I'm diapering on the run, I acknowledge most of my issues are due to user error. Sometimes the tabs are stuck to his ear. Amazon doesn't sell straight jackets for diapering. I've been told it's frowned upon.

The diapers stay relatively dry and the taps never tear. With LH #1 I never saw silica gel. I get silica gel on LH #2 with both brands. I think it's because LH #1 had the benefit of me being a first time, paranoid mom. LH #2 is lucky he eats. His diaper stays on longer. If it weren't for the polar vortex, he'd be naked all the time. Neither LH was prone to diaper rash, so I cannot attest to either diaper's rash eradication potential. LH #2 could wear a diaper made of burlap and kitty litter.... hmmm, maybe I'm on to something.

If you are a first time parent and you have Great Expectations (back to Dickens) that diapers will remain leak free all the time, you're going to be sadly disappointed. After two wildly different shaped humans, I'm convinced that the error is not with the diaper, it's with the anatomy of the human butt. Butts are like snowflakes... each one is unique. Ergo, some butts will be Huggies butts, some will be Pampers butts. Rock on Moms and Dads.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY!!! NOT THE SAME HUGGIES CURRENTLY SOLD FROM TARGET OR WALMART, February 20, 2013
When I ordered this, I thought I would be getting the same stuff I buy from Target or the base commissary. NOPE I was wrong. First, the box has a date of 2009 on it, then when I opened it up, the diapers are significant thinner than the normal huggies little movers I was buying. My son wet through these diapers all the time now, after naps, short car rides, even playing in the house he will wet through them. Before this crappy box, didn't have any of those problems. Any money I did save from buying them through amazon is gone because of all the extra washing of clothes I have done using these horrible diapers. DONT BUY ONLINE or you will get the older leakier previous version of the huggies little movers.

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, September 15, 2011
I have been ordering these diapers for several months now and I am so upset that they have changed. They used to be pretty gentle and very sturdy, but now they have changed the make-up of the diaper and added dyes - it's like the Huggies Snug n Fit now- which are rough and have always given my daughter a diaper rash. So sad.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as product in stores., August 22, 2012
I bought this economy pack cause it would be more for what I got at the store. I realized the did feel a little different. They felt lighter like they were missing something to them. I noticed they were starting to soak up faster than the ones I buy at the store. It would leak through the diaper which only happened a couple of times prior, mainly when he fell asleep early and slept for a long period of time. I also noticed when soaked beads would come out sometimes on skin with the ones I buy at the store, which those beads that hold liquid would sometimes bust if really soaked and be on skin sometimes. Nothing with these which I think why they get soaked faster. I have always bought huggies little movers and never had a problem. I feel like these are made cheaper and dont do the job. I wont be buying online anymore. Ill stick with the local grocery store. Hope this helps out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit; no leaks, August 18, 2013
These diapers are cut just right for my daughter - no leaks yet! The stretchy waist band in the back is an especially good feature. They stay on securely and fit nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars great experience, December 29, 2013
I bought these because the price was reasonable as well as the quality was ok. At first I thought not to buy it since my baby has sensitive skin and there could be a problem by using poor quality diapers in the other hand I saw excellent feedbacks, I decided to give it a try.  The bottom line was she had no issues by using these wipes, it were great on cleaning my child's skin! Although I’m not sure if I’ll be buying this type of wipes again do to the better brand that I recently discovered specifically for my chilled skin, I can say over all it was a great experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars It has the wetness indicator line :), August 26, 2010
Great diapers. Better than the Snug & Dry line. These feel softer and come with the wetness indicator line.
I found that my baby gets rash with Pampers diapers but rarely with Huggies. I prefer Huggies over Pampers.

Update 10/20/2010: Our baby is 3 months now. We got the "Huggies Little Snugglers" in size 2 and their absorption was very poor. We are using the "Pampers Swaddlers Dry Max" which we are very fond of now. They have a mesh tat does a great job trapping bowel movements. Our baby girl has not have the diaper rash in a long time. I have to change and say that we're sticking with Pampers now. But, since they have many different product lines, I can only speak for the Swaddlers Dry Max.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diapers, if you use them correctly, January 7, 2014
These are my absolute favorite diapers since my son was born Feb. 2012, and will continue to be my first choice with my second due March 2014. Recent reviews have been negative though so I wanted to say a few things.
These diapers hold a lot, but you need to check your kids and make sure they aren't filling it. Every diaper has a limit, and it's your job as a parent to check and change frequently. If there are crystals leaking out of the diaper, that is a USER ERROR, not a manufacturing defect. The crystals will only leak out if the diaper has been filled to the max and allowed to sit for some time.
Blow outs and leaking: if it blows out the top, you either need to put the diaper on tighter, or move up a size. The side straps will stretch and become loose as your child wears the diaper, so although it may look uncomfortably tight on your child, it will stretch out and keep you from having out the too blow outs. I recommend stretching the side straps out as you are sticking them in place, so that they won't have too much stretching leeway and result in a blow out or the diaper falling down. You also need to put the straps on straight across, angling them makes the diaper distort and can result in a leak.
If the diaper is leaking out the legs: make sure to always tuck the diaper in around baby's leg folds, and NOT on the thigh. This will minimize SO MANY leaks of all kinds.

These are great diapers. Just don't get sloppy and they will work! Tight waist (remember the straps stretch), tuck the legs in around the baby's thigh rolls, keep it higher in the back than the front. If they consistently shoot up the back it might be time to move up a size. And crystals will only leak if you aren't changing the baby as often as you should!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra money, November 5, 2010
Warren J. Dew (Somerville, MA USA) - See all my reviews
When my wife and I had our first child, we started out using Pampers diapers, because that's what we had used in the hospital. While those diapers were adequate, we didn't really like the way that they forced our daughter to waddle with her knees turned out once she started learning to walk. I saw some Huggies Supremes advertising a more shaped fit in their toddler sizes, and decided to try a package.

What a difference it made! Not only did she walk more easily, but the diapers also had a significantly higher capacity, meaning that a single diaper would usually last through the night without overflowing. In addition, the fit was better to the point that poop explosions became a thing of the past. It was really nice not having to change soiled clothing along with the diapers.

Other parents we know report similar experiences. When our second child came along, there was no question - he started using Huggies Supremes right from the start.

Modern diapers have come a long way from the old cloth diapers, so here are a few tips for new parents on using them.

- The absorbent material in modern diapers is so effective that the diaper won't feel wet, and won't release any urine odor. The way to tell that the diaper needs to be changed is to squeeze slightly at the front of the crotch - on boys, a little higher, just above the private parts. If it feels like it did when the diaper was put on, it's still dry. If it feels more full and squishy, like a gel, it's wet. Poop you'll still have to tell by smell and the child's behavior.

- When putting these diapers on, stretch the elastic across the baby's back slightly, and make sure the front is also snug when velcroing the tabs shut. This will help minimize the chance of leaks at the waist or leg holes.

- A couple tricks for diapering in general: when changing a diaper, I spread the clean diaper out under the child first, before removing the dirty diaper. After undoing the tabs, I grab both ankles in my left hand, lift a couple of inches, remove the dirty diaper, and clean the baby from the back forward before lowering the baby's behind onto the clean diaper. For a boy, put a wipe over the front while doing the change to avoid fountains.

Each box contains two or four clear plastic bags with half or a quarter of the diapers in each bag. The bags have perforations and act as fairly convenient dispensers after removal from the box.

Since the sizing data is currently missing from the product description, here it is:
Size 1: up to 14 pounds
Size 2: 12-18 pounds
Size 3: 16-28 pounds
Size 4: 22-37 pounds
Size 5: over 27 pounds
Size 6: over 35 pounds

Huggies Supremes do cost a bit more than most other brands, but you will probably also use fewer diapers because of their larger capacity. Add to that the reduced chances of soiling baby's clothes, and they are well worth it!

Rate and Discover Movies