Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Format: Board bookChange

on January 24, 2013
We have many of the Leslie Patricelli books and have enjoyed them since my almost 4 year old was a baby. We added Huggy Kissy to our collection and it is definitely a new favorite. It is such a sweet book. My older son loves to read this with his baby brother and act out the different kinds of hugs and kisses. It would make a perfect Valentine gift for a baby or toddler.
on November 14, 2013
Cute, but not as awesome as the Quiet Loud book.
It does have rhyming pages like a picture of the little kid tugging on his dad's pants and saying "Tuggy tuggy?" Then "Huggy, Huggy" on the next page. It goes on to show about the types of kisses and hugs that mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, auntie, uncle, kitty and doggy give. So for a traditional family, I'd say it was good.
The last page has pictures of types of kisses to act out like Eskimo kiss and Bear hug.
The kiddo likes it, but gravitates more toward wanting us to read Petricelli's other books.
on December 28, 2012
We own most of Patricelli's adorable board books starring the baby, plus "Higher, Higher!" and "Faster, Faster!" But this one is by far my favorite because it's so overflowing with affection.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 24, 2013
Leslie Patricelli has written a sturdy board book for children ages 1-3.Young children will enjoy the colorful illustrations depicting family members, friends, and pets. The illustrations clearly show how the young child is loved in so many ways: hugs, kisses, squeezes, hugging a favorite blanket, etc.

The facial expressions on the characters in the book depict each huggy kissy situation fully. They are delightful and will bring a smile to your face and that of your child.

I think this is one of those books that you will read over and over again.

In accordance to the Amazon Policy, I am letting you know that I received a copy of this book free from the publisher, but this did not alter my thoughts on the book that I have shared above.
11 comment9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2013
My daughter loves this book (and many of the other Leslie Patricelli books). It's an adorable little story about hugging and kissing and is perfect for little ones that are affectionate. She always goes to get her blanket (to hug it) on the appropriate page and she gives the baby a hug and kiss at the end of the book.

She also loves the last two pages that show a range of other hugs and kisses, i.e., bear hug, group hug, boo boo kiss, etc. It's a quick read, which is perfect for bedtime. It's interactive with bright, fun pictures and I think it makes a nice addition to any library or a great gift (perfect for Valentine's Day!).
on March 29, 2014
I got this book for my baby as a Valentine gift. He's still pretty little, but he seems to like the book (especially the puppy dog on the cover). It's simple, sweet, and happy. I also really like how colorful it is; the pages aren't filled with white space like so many board books tend to have. I sort of act out all the different huggies and kissies with my son when we read it, and he smiles and giggles.
on May 21, 2013
Our 18 month old son loves this book, often requesting the "kissy book" at story time. The illustrations are fun and the concepts/words are simple and easy to understand.
on March 27, 2015
This small board book is illustrated with brightly colored, comic illustrations on red, purple, and orange backgrounds. It features an adorable little baby in a diaper with a single curl on top of his head. The illustrations tell as much of the story as the words do.

The first page says, “Tuggy, tuggy.” It shows a sad baby tugging on his father’s pant leg. His father is carrying a basket of laundry. On the second page, the baby holds his arms up and asks, “Huggy, huggy?” From that moment on, his mother and father and other members of the family joyfully hug, kiss, and play with the smiling baby. At the end, mom, dad, baby,, and dog are all hugging on the rug. Is a double spread illustration of the baby smiling widely and holding up his arms, “Will you give me a kissy and a huggy?” At the end, there is a double page about “more huggies and kissies” with eight small examples.

Huggy Kissy is delightful, both funny and sweet. My 19-month-old granddaughter loved it on the first read and insisted I read it three more times in a row. Every toddler loves to be hugged and kissed by his family. This wonderful story shows how the baby’s family puts his emotional needs in the forefront. It is a perfect story to read while bonding with your little one.
on May 28, 2015
This is by far one of mine and my sons favorite books of all time. Highly recommend this over all of Leslie Patricelli's books.
on February 9, 2013
I first bought this book for a friend's daughter's 1st birthday. I read through the book and loved it so much I bought it again for my daughter (14 months). It's become one of my favorite books to read with her! It's the perfect amount of text for my daughter to not lose interest - and the pictures and story is so cute! The story is really interactive too - for example, there is a phrase that says "Mommy kisses all my toesies" and teach time we get to that page, my daughter lifts up her feet :)

Great for toddlers! Especially for the "terrible 2" age when trying to reinforce loving behavior.