Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hugo Adjustable Quad Cane for Right or Left Hand Use, Black, Small Base
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 17, 2010
I am only 34 and after a surgery I wanted a cane that was as stylish as possible! This is a great cane both in function and it is the best as far as fashion as you will find. It is a darker rosey pink that the picture makes it out to be. The picture makes it out to look a bit pale and washed out and it is more pronounced than that. The handle is nice and comfortable. I weigh about 230 lbs and am 5'4" and I have always felt like it is supporting me and my weight just fine. I am very pleased with this purchase and would not hesitate to recommend HUGO canes to anyone. I know how daunting it was for me when I started looking never having been in a situation where I had given canes a second glance before... but I was very happy with my choice and you will get a great deal on Amazon over any other website out there.
on November 18, 2012
I purchased this quad cane for my 89-year-old mother. She previously was using regular cane but due to her arthritis she had difficult time retrieving the cane from ground.

The cane is built solid and due to its quad design, it stayed upright in level ground which is what I wanted. Unfortunately, the cane was somewhat heavier than her previous one and that kind of negated the advantage of quad design. She found it heavier to to lift and move around.

In closing, this cane is good if you or someone you are purchasing the cane has near normal upper arm strength. If, like my mother, you have a weakened upper muscle/joint due to arthritis then it may be prudent to look for lighter design quad cane.
on December 5, 2012
This was worth the wait (slightly backordered by 3 days-no big deal)!!! It's durable, I got my confidence back because I'm walking steady with this quad-base, and I finally found a cane with an easy height adjustment that can accomodate to my 5'0" frame!!! The rose color is a really great shade (for the ladies who want to look fashionable) and now I feel like a proper lady, instead of walking with the same ol' mannish black or steel regular cane! The best features: the dyed-to-match rose/black ergonomic grip handle made for smaller feminine hands, it actually reduces that impact shock as you walk-important if you have rheumatoid arthritis like me, and the K-Quad design of the base lets you walk without tripping over the base-it won't get in the way of your stride while you're walking. Once you go Hugo, you'll never go back to a standard cane again, trust me!!
on November 9, 2011
The quad cane is much sturdier then a single foot cane, and great for arthritic knees. The handle is flatter and wider for an easy grip for those arthritic hands as well, and It has an adjustible height to suit most everyone.
on March 5, 2013
I wish I had gone to a store and tried out the quad cane vrs the single leg cane because when it arrived, I realized that it is not a stable enough cane for my use. It is difficult to get all 4 legs on the ground at the same time and it made it difficult for me to even use, and in fact, I ended up going to Walgreens Drug Store and buying a different cane, that gave me stability. I had a knee replacement, and really needed to feel secure that I would not fall and with the Hugo Quad Cane, I DID NOT FEEL the stability I needed with it.
on July 22, 2010
My first quad and what a difference. I finally have the security of balance.
Very easy to adjust height and position to right or left hand. Try it, you'll love it.
on June 23, 2013
The Hugo Mobility Quad Cane shown on Amazon's website is nice looking. The body of the cane is rose colored anodized aluminum, and the base is a glossy black. There is no logo or advertisement showing on the cane in the picture. I ordered the cane for my Mother, based on the picture.

What I received, was a cane with the "Hugo" logo plastered in white large point type, and the "Hugo" slogan printed in smaller type (in multiple languages), on both sides of the stem of the cane. I was very disappointed!! A cane is a personal item that should be unassuming, and accent one's attire when they dress and go out. It should not be overbearing, and draw attention away from the user's attire to it.

Besides that, items being sold online should be pictured exactly as they are, or it should be noted that the item may vary, and the type of variation should be described or shown!!! Buyers are relying on the photo and description of an item when they shop online!!!

The Hugo Mobility Quad cane is a very well made cane that I would have given a five star rating, had it not been for the gold colored height adjustment button (which should have been chrome), and Hugo Mobility's moronic decision to plaster their logo and slogan on the sides of the cane.

The printing on the cane totally cheapens the look of it, and greatly detracts from its beauty. Hugo Mobility, if you're reading this, try engraving your company name, telephone number, and/or web address on the bottom of the base of the cane only, in 1/8" lettering. The quality of the cane will sell itself, and consumers will look for its maker if they desire one. YOU DON'T NEED THE OBTRUSIVE ADVERTISEMENT ON THE SIDES OF THE CANE!!! I CAN'T EMPHASIZE THAT ENOUGH!!!

I will be returning my Hugo Mobility Quad cane because of the obtrusive printing on the sides of it, and the deceptive advertising on the website, which led to its purchase in the first place. I should emphasize that I am always annoyed when my time is wasted due to deceptive advertising.
55 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2011
Having suffered three falls in less than two months, I needed the security of a cane quickly - Amazon delivered the quick and Hugo the secure! Didn't want one of the prissy feminine ones, but didn't want a medical looking one either - this black is perfect for my wants.
on January 14, 2013
At first I didn't like this cane and found it cumbersome. After much time & observing others walking with a four point cane, I realized I hadn't been using it properly. It doesn't give the ease of mobility as a single point cane, but it does give needed stability. I use it around the house mostly and when I have to stand for long periods of time (difficult for me). If you need the security of a 4 point cane, this is a good one.
on August 19, 2010
Got this for my husband, it has great stability and looks really nice. My husband says it feels very sturdy and he is very happy with it