- Series: Southern Classics (Univ of South Carolina)
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: University of South Carolina Press (March 1, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1570033048
- ISBN-13: 978-1570033049
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,053,665 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Huguenots of Colonial South Carolina (Southern Classics (Univ of South Carolina))
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
It doesn't give a detailed history of the Huguenots and their great struggles in Europe, although it does give a very good sketch of it. It gives just enough history to get them to the S.C. colony. But it does offer invaluable information of each of the Huguenot colonial towns.
But this was more than just a narrow history of the Huguenots in N. America. It also opened my eyes to the socio-economic conditions of colonial South Carolina, and how these brave people contributed to the overall benefit of the colony. Worth the read if you are interested in colonial history of the South, or of these religiously persecuted people.