5.0 out of 5 stars The best human anatomy text I've come across
In a field where several excellent titles are available, this text manages to stand out.

This book is obviously the product of a very successful collaborative effort between gifted sciece-educators and master illustrators: the art program is visually stunning, while the text is masterly written, cleverly organized and intellectually stimulating.

I...
Published on December 12, 2009 by Omer Peretz

3.0 out of 5 stars Anatomy book problem
I was worried when the book was delivered in an old, beat up box. However, the book itself appeared to be in good condition. Recently I was flipping pages while reading and the page I was on completely ripped right out. When I turned the next page, it ripped out as well. Now I have a "new" book with 2 pages sticking out of it. Great.
Published on February 11, 2012 by kwhite2324

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best human anatomy text I've come across, December 12, 2009
Omer Peretz (Tel Aviv, Israel) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)

I highly recommend this book to anyone with a passion or a requirement to gain insight into the fascinating yet overwhelming field of human anatomy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
The photos in this book are exceptional. The reading is easy and understandable. Great Book!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TEXT BOOK!!, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
This is one of the best text books I have ever read!! There are great pictures, many of which are shown at different angles to get better perspective. Not only are there great visuals in this book, but the book itself is written very clearly. There are no hidden meanings in here. The author does a great job of explaining everything by breaking it down based on greek roots for definitions. It is not confusing in any way and will make you want to keep reading. This is not a text book that makes you cringe when thinking about having to read so many pages. I have even thought about writing the authors and thanking them personally for providing such a great tool for an Anatomy class!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Anatomy Book I have ever used!, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
The text in the book is written in simple language and for complicated concepts, the author uses analogies or tips on how one can comprehend the concept using real life incidents. Every new introduced concept also has clinical examples (very well explained) which helps understand the role of different anatomical systems in the body. I have had many different anatomy text books in the past, but I have never learned as much from any of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, September 4, 2010
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
This book is amazing. I bought it with the lab guide for a joint lab/lecture class. The pictures match up identically and are very clear.
I found it to be very useful and I intend to keep my copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
This is a great text. Our human anatomy college course used it. I liked it so much I ended up re-buying the book after selling mine to the book store. Great detailed photos. Very clear diagrams and easy to understand. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning the structures of the human body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Great, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
Great book, great price , good quality, I suppose to buy the third edition, but this is the same, for better price. I save $160

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap with only some writing in it. great :), February 16, 2014
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
I was able to get this book for a very good price and its in pretty good condition. I saved a bunch in getting this instead of the newer version and it works just as great

5.0 out of 5 stars After six years, I still love this book, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
I had this book 5 years ago and it was SO expensive that I ended up selling it back to the University because I was able to get such a significant amount of money for it. Five years later as a grad student, I still found myself wishing I had that Anatomy book to reference. So I ended up purchasing it again (like new) for a couple hundred dollars less than what I originally bought it for 5 years ago, and it's still an amazing book! What I love about it is that next to the well drawn diagrams is the same view of the body part on a cadaver. Very useful. Great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Note some inconsistencies, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
This is a very indepth book, much more than I got in nursing school in the 70's. The color photos are excellent. I like that the disease process examples are interwoven throughout the anatomy. I am tutoring a college student. She has the third edition, however I have the second edition. I was told that except for page numbers there is not much difference.

One inconsistency that I see happens in chapter ten. In describing the organizational levels of skelatal muscle the written text begins at the myofilaments level and works outward to the muscle, but the chart on page 289 works from the top in the opposite way, beginning with muscle and ending at the myofilament level.

The second example is in wording on pages 300 and 301. In step five of the physiology of a muscle contraction the picture states, "when the impulse stops calcium ions are actively transported... back to the sarcoplasmic reticulum (home base)." On the next page it is states, "calcium ions are moved back into the sarcoplasmic reticulum ...leading to termination of the muscle impulse."

These may seem minor points, but has proven to be very confusing to the students I tutor. In the first example I feel the chart should match how the written explanation lays it out or vice versa. In the second example the wording should match.

Not every college student is a 4.0 and many come with learning difficulties, so they struggle a little more to get through courses hoping that some day they will be a nurse or physical therapist, etc. I believe it is up to the authors to make that path as understandable as possible. Thank you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Human Anatomy
Human Anatomy by Valerie O'Loughlin (Hardcover - August 7, 2009)
Used & New from: $3.89