Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 19, 2013
I rented this on my kindle fire hd and I love it. I can zoom in on the pictures and diagrams; the pictures of cadavers are so detailed that it is almost like being able to closely examine fibers and tissues in person. The one drawback I have noticed is that in-text references to pictures and tables are not hyperlinked. Also Chapter Review questions would be enhanced by being hyperlinked to chapter review answers at the end of the book. These inconveniences are more than compensated by the ability to zoom so far into the images and the bonus of not having to cart around a heavy textbook.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
This book has everything you ever wanted (and millions more you never wanted) to know! I spent a lot of time with a dictionary in hand and a bookmark in the glossary, but ultimately it's been a very helpful tool. The copy was much more advanced than I was expecting but the pictures and diagrams are fantastic.
on October 9, 2013
The book is easy to understand and with plenty of images to aid in the understanding of the text. I did find some sections incredibly 'wordy' where it could have been more concise because the length did not add to the material. The organization of the chapters and the quality of the paper were exceptional.
on November 23, 2012
At first I thought why get a new book when a used one is much cheaper but then I saw that there was an access key to the textbooks website and I just got it. The key is super awesome when studying and don't really understand the text book you get to go layer by layer, bone by bone and you go at your own pace and can quiz yourself with the access key. Yes paying for a newer one is a little more pricy but think of it as this wouldn't you rather ace the class and have all of the necessary materials to excel.
on August 11, 2013
Advertised as Used Book with Access Card. However, when I received it, there was only book (cost was adjusted a little lower). When I questioned the distributor, they said that used books are not sold with Access Card. Had to then go out and find an access card. Ended up paying a lot more by purchasing them separately then what I was quoted for both together.
on August 27, 2013
I bought the book with Connect Plus Access Card, which didn't come with my order. That is rediculous give the amount of money i paid for it. In the end I had no time to return it and had to pay $60 more to buy Connect Plus Access that I needed to pass my class.
on February 5, 2014
Prior to the course I am taking now I took anatomy for 3 weeks using a textbook that was written by the professors teaching the course. That book was driest and most boring textbook I've ever read. I ended up dropping the class. By contrast, this textbook is wonderful. The images are so useful and the textbook is very readable. The study tips are actually useful and the authors have done a good job at distinguishing the essential from the important but non-essential. This is no small task when it comes to anatomy. The temptation I think many authors have is to throw everything at students all at once which makes it difficult for them to discern what is worth memorizing and what is not. I highly recommend this textbook.

I also am glad that I purchased the Kindle version. After watching my classmates try to look a particular bony landmark and flip through many pages trying to remember just which page they saw it on, I can easily do a search on my e-textbook and find scores of images of the bone or bony landmark I need to lookup.
on June 16, 2013
Quite possibly the driest textbook I've ever read. I know the point of this book is to be informative but a textbook can be both informative and an interesting read. The only parts of the book I enjoyed were the side boxes with applicable examples to real life. The photos/illustrations are sufficient but the rest is like reading a dictionary.
on April 18, 2013
I love it. I used it as reference when I need to know any detail part of the human body. The pic extremely sharp with my kindle. I carry it in my iPad everywhere . Highly recommend .
on October 20, 2014
had to buy for my anatomy class, it's a pretty good book. I read the chapters and got an A on every exam and I'm a C student lol