Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Human Evolutionary Genetics: Origins, Peoples and Disease
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

87%
13%

on February 6, 2004
Clearly laid out like one of the classic undergraduate textbooks (e.g. Genes VII, Albers et al.), this is the only up-to-date introduction in the field.
The authors make great efforts to link advances in genetics to other fields (e.g. linguistics, anthropology), as well as to organise chapters around key issues such as the spread of agriculture, offering space to key authors in these associated fields. Bibliographic/website sources are also well documented.
Evidently, coverage is broad rather than deep, but if you need some basic background (e.g. I wanted to understand how Y-chromosome sequence data illuminated prehistoric migrations but needed some basic information on microsatellites) before proceeding to original papers, then this is the book for you.
on July 27, 2006
I ordered this book when I first began my research using DNA markers. I found it very easy to read and highly informative, even beyond my own interests. It's a great reference to have around and a must read for anyone working in the field of human genetics, both from a clinical or academic perspective. Its organization lends it suitable for a good textbook in an advanced evolutionary genetics course as well.
on February 12, 2009
Not quite finished with it yet, but it's good so far. For bio majors taking an upper level Anthropology class, a lot of it is just a refresher. I think the authors are British too, some of the english is a bit different.
on February 11, 2010
You dont need to know technical Biology terms to enjoy it. Its a great book to enjoy, so I wont spoil the content.
on December 16, 2009
This is my 1st Kindle product and I am using the PC client and not the hardware. Actually this is a textbook for my next U. quarter.

I am happy to get this book so quickly and not having to wait for a hard copy to be shipped. The discounted price from the $100 list price is OK too!

However, limitations of the format is not being able to cut and past, and not being able to print pages etc.
=========

Well Oct. 28 2011, it is no longer offered as a Kindle book, but now the PC Kindle version allows copy and pasting of text, which helps in writing papers etc. I still think this book is good and one of a kind and I used for a class on the Anthropology of genetic Diseases as a reference to supplement journal papers on specific topics.
on July 6, 2014
great read and useful for anthropology
on August 7, 2004
Very up-to-date (msot references are from 2000 to 2003),

and well-written.

You will become an expert in this filed after studying this classic!

I bought a copy for myself, and another one for my advisor.

I have read it twice in a week!
on September 13, 2009
I found this book a little difficult to read and somewhat abstract in it's order and presentation.