Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$3.99

on November 12, 2012
To begin with, "Human Resources" is a brilliant title. I won't tell you why -- I will leave it to you to find out as you become engrossed in this page-turner with a rather unusual plot.
I had been eagerly awaiting Mr. Neil's second book, and it was worth the wait. He writes so fluidly and draws such distinct and clear characters. He is a master of unusual plots and has the easy writing style that immerses the reader in the story - of course, you can't put the book down.

I am certain we are experiencing an emerging young author whose name will be with us for years to come as he turns out one intriguing thriller after another. His creative plots are astonishing. One wonders where they come from. And, if, indeed, the situation described in this book exists, Mr. Neil has a done a great job of drawing attention to it.

In his previous book, he made the reader think deeply about the homeless and made us examine out own attitudes and actions in dealing with that issue. Here, he draws a scenario that is difficult to believe exists. But, in these times, when so many will go to such great lengths for new and exotic experiences, one never knows. He has, again, created an engrossing story and has asked us once more to examine our own values.
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2012
An utterly ingenious roller coaster of adventure and mystery. No spoiler, just not for the "gastronomically sensitive"! I thoroughly enjoyed this book so much. Very well written, suspenceful, utterly believable characters who seem to almost jump off the pages and come to life. A book you won't want to put down until you've finished. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
on January 6, 2013
What fun! Very well written book, and it's refreshing to read something so original - not a cliche in sight. The author did a great job with the growing the creepiness factor as the story built, and it's a nice twist that the evil mastermind is a woman. The author also conveyed the gruesome aspects of the story without being too graphic, and accomplishing that as a write is hard. One's imagination has no problem filling in the blanks - well done! This would make a terrific movie.

My only disappointment was that I wish something would have happened to Morana that was... well without giving anything away...equal to what she did to other people. She was let off too easily.

Great story telling that takes you away is a wonderful find, and sadly getting more rare these days since there is *so* much horrible writing out there.

Read this book!
on January 5, 2013
I was blown away. I loved Geoffrey Neil's writing style.....even if he has a social conscience. I started reading this morning and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Thank goodness I bought it on my Kindle. I was able to 'hear' it while I was driving! Ahhh Life is good. The story line was amazing. I was over halfway through before I found out the 'real plot'. Neil's writing style was so easy to read. I believe this is an up and coming author. I will buy the hardback, first edition of the book and will continue doing so.
on January 6, 2013
I simply cannot come up with one thing I did not love about this book. It seems the author is new and I truly look forward to future books.
HR was intense and thrilling. I read it in about 36 hours.
Mr. Neil's detail in character was phenomenal and the plot as it unraveled was beyond explanation.
Morana's character was one to be hated and yet respected as a powerful woman.
Hugh's innocence and complete trust was admirable.
Lonnie, well he was a jerk but also one helluva friend!
WELL DONE!!!
on December 6, 2012
Geoff Neil has created a sinfully delectable read. The story flows across the mental palate, paced to perfection, allowing one to savor the different flavors of the story - humor, action, tension, shock, mystery. All prepared in a Chrichtonesque recipe. Take an unlikely hero, sprinkle in some technology and scientific zest to capture the imagination, spice it all up with a nemesis that sets your nerves afire with her ruthless cold-heartedness.

I mean to impart to you, my pleasure at having read this five star gourmet literary meal. Mr. Neil's first book Dire Means - a delightful appetizer. Human Resources - a well-rounded meal. I am hungering for dessert,with Wanton Disregard. I can only hope that there is a nightcap planned as well! I encourage you to feast on Human Resources, but let me give you caution, if your nerves get your stomach all tied up with butterflies, you may want a bottle of Tums close at hand.
on December 26, 2012
This was a good, easy read with an different kind of plot line. Not overly wordy, but just enough to contain wall-developed, believable characters. The price was right (free) on a special, but well worth a buy, depending on the going price.

Would I recommend it to others. Definite YES. Would I read again in the future? Probably.
on January 5, 2013
What an unusual and intriguing story! It was difficult to put down. The character were well developed, and the dialogue was fast paced. I downloaded this book before the reviews, and I thought it was really a leap of faith. But it was free, how could I go wrong? What a pleasant surprise! Highly recommended for those who are looking escape reading.
on August 24, 2013
If The Office and Hannibal had a baby, this would be it. The characters are one-dimensional and arouse no sympathy, admiration or dread. The central plot twist is grisly enough to be disgusting without real horror. A waste of time.
on January 14, 2013
What a ride!! Thoroughly impossible story but Neil's writing makes it seem entirely possible. Excellent and consistent character development in the relationship of Lonnie and Hugh. I read the book as much for how that worked as I did for the plot. I liked how the minor characters grew a bit from background decoration into real people, and realistically, too. There were a few minor editing flaws, but nothing that detracted from my enjoyment of the story. So glad to find another author I can put on my 'worth reading' list.