5.0 out of 5 stars Soft Water Fish Finder now useable on Hard Water
Published on January 13, 2009 by G. Benn

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
I don't care much for the double cable adjustment thingy. The hummingbird unit I have is a nice little portable unit for small boats and canoes in summer, but not sensitive in winter. It gives you something to stare at during a long sit on the ice,
Published 10 months ago by Dennis Prah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft Water Fish Finder now useable on Hard Water, January 13, 2009
G. Benn (South Lyon, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
If you own a Humminbird fish finder that you use during the Spring, Summer, or Fall, now you can adapt it for ice fishing. I picked up a 12v 7amp gel cell battery and this ice transducer and it was all I needed to convert my Humminbird 727 into a winter-time sonar system. The combination is extremely sensitive, I can see my tiny jig appear on the fish finder's screen as I lower it to the bottom. I happened to just make a little hook-up and put it all in a tool box but they sell portable bags with brackets for mounting your fish finder. Either way, the cost is far less than buying a flasher in addition to your fish finder. It's a good approach to getting the most value out of your fishing electronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humminbird Portable 565 ice transducer, January 30, 2009
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
I have the 565 portable unit which I am very pleased with. I use it on my fishing boat as well as in the canoe for wilderness fishing trips. I wanted to use it for ice fishing and this transducer is just the ticket. I find it even more useful than a 'flasher' type locator for the simple fact the scrolling bar graph seems to give you a more interactive experience. Plus you can zoom in on the bottom few feet and this locator provides great target seperation down to 2".

The ice transducer works perfectly, and the installation was as easy as unplugging one chord and plugging in another. No hardware at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, September 10, 2008
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
I'd been waiting for this thing to come out for quite a while. I even got anxious enough to email Humminbird to find out when it would be released, and i was pretty upset when they told me they had no plans to produce an ice fishing transducer. Needless to say, when i saw it available on Amazon, I bought one immediately. I've used it a few times, and it works great! Much better alignment than i got with my old puck style transducer on a pvc bracket. Just drop it down the hole and you're good to go. Might need a slight adjustment occasionally to get it to hang perfectly vertical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humminbird Ice Transducer, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
I purchased this ice transducer to convert my Humminbird 777c to an ice machine. I already use a Marcum 3 flasher but wanted to have a 2nd unit available for multiple holes. I was amazed by the performance. It took awhile to find the settings which worked best for me, but once I figured out the best sensitivity and what frequency and screen view to use, I was hooked. The 777 has a flasher mode which emulates the Vexilar and Marcum flasher views, but I preferred the scrolling bottom view. I could easily see my 1/4oz jig moving up and down as I bounced it and the fish really showed up well. You can see them appear and change depths to follow the bait as it is raised and lowered. I may retire my Marcum flasher and only use this one. Now I can use my Humminbird 777 on both open water with my boat mount transducer and on the ice with this ice transducer. You will need an extra power cable as well if your boat mount is permanently attached.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY HAPPY, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
I bought this transducer for my 581combo unit and it works great. You can see every movement you make with your jig.When i raised it up even an inch, it showed on the graph. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am much happier with my humminbird as a ice fishing finder., January 14, 2013
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
I picked up a Humminbird 160 pirhanamax portable fish finder this year and tried to use the original transducer for ice fishing. It did work without too much trouble, but I didn’t like the weight of the transducer pulling on a signal cable that wasn't intended to suspend the transducer in water. I also had a couple instances of my finder "fuzzing" when the temperature got around -20. I Googled an ice fishing transducer for my unit and was pleasantly surprised that Amazon had one. I ordered it and got it two days later and it was in the ice four days after order. We fished in -20 all day with no problems whatsoever. I was surprised with how much more sensitive it was to a smaller jig and really happy with not having to keep adjusting the transducer in order to keep it parallel with the lake bottom. I think that Humminbird did an excellent job at making sure all the necessary parts were provided. The transducer came with a support cable that removes any tension on the signal cable by caging around the transducer and hooking to the unit for support. It was easy to adjust for ice thickness and I liked that the cable was much shorter for ice fishing purposes. Taking your transducer in and out of the ice checking for fish all day has to take its toll on your unit. This provides the answer to that problem and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
I have a hummingbird 190c and at first had problems getting it out of simulation mode. It's been I while since I used it. After that it has worked perfect since. Even in a two man house with 4 holes my buddy and I can use both of our depth finders without interference. Great product. Easy to use and hook up

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, January 20, 2014
Dennis Prah (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
got this for my 597 this make trolling on the ice so much easier. get rid of the float though gets in way hard to adjust when cold

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Humminbird XI 9 20 Ice Transducer (Electronics)
Excellent product, like everything they make. Well worth the money, so I can use my 597 for ice fishing, as well as on my boat.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›