Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hummingbirds Don't Fly in the Rain A Mother's Extraordinary Search for Her Daughter In This Life & the Next
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 24, 2014
Hummingbirds Don’t Fly in the Rain by Kimberly Klein is a beautiful memoir written in the memory of her 13 year old daughter. In this memoir Kimberly Klein takes you through all of the event surrounding her daughter’s death. At the beginning Kimberly has just learned of her daughter’s disappearance but as she continues she tells us about their life together before the accident and her life after.

The heartache suffered by Klein shines through in her touching explanation of the life she spent with her daughter, the journey to finding about her death, and the countless legal battles after. The part that I enjoyed about this book the most was Klein’s gradual discovery that she can still communicate with her daughter, even now that she has left this world. It was heartwarming to know that she found peace in her spiritual awakening and comforting to see the possibility of remaining in contact with our lost loved ones.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone.
on March 3, 2014
This book details the events surrounding a plane crash in Panama and a mother's desperate efforts to get to her daughter, who was an unfortunate victim of the crash. As Ms. Klein states in the foreword, she tells this story as she remembers it, and her recollection is vivid and harrowing. From the first page, when Kim gets the call about her daughter's plane never reaching its intended destination, to the point where Kim travels to Panama to search for her daughter and beyond, the story is both heart-wrenching and human.

Everyone reacts differently to grief, and there's no such thing as a wrong way to grieve the loss of a loved one. Just reading through this book, you can feel the undertones of anger and frustration at the search being held up or things not moving as quickly as they should have - which is understandable, given the place where the plane went down - but logic has very little to do with an angry mom who just wants to hug her daughter again. This is a challenging read, but one that I can heartily recommend for mothers and daughters alike.
on August 7, 2013
Helped me accept my sons death, Helped me believe again and inspired me to expect more out of life.
Helped me to breave my heart and let it heal with the exception of the small crack that will forever be there now.
on January 27, 2012
I've read this book several times, each time getting something else from it. Having four children of my own (from ages 15 down to age 4), I cannot fathom what the author experienced not only during those first few tragic days, but in the years since her daughter's passage from this world to the next. Another reviewer stated they did not like the "negative attitude" portrayed towards the author's ex husband and in-laws, but I believe that information adds to the story and is important to all the emotions she was experiencing towards this trying time in her journey. Excellent read, I could not put it down and had a hard time reading in some spots through the tears that were streaming from my eyes.
Kim Klein was gradated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a degree in Political Science, proceeded to law school where she earned her law degree and passed the bar exams, worked in her husband's financially successful investment company, became a mother and subsequently opted to be a stay at home mom - a choice that ultimately led to the brutal loss of that only child. But Kim Klein is not only the author of this book that reads like a mystery thriller: she is a memoirist of her daughter's brief life and a living testament to the realm of communicating with her daughter in the next spirit world. And it is this two-pronged element that makes this book fascinating to read.

HUMMINGBIRD'S DON'T FLY IN THE RAIN relates the moment by moment story of the period following Talia Klein's 13th birthday when Talia, flying with her father (Kim's ex-husband Michael), was killed when the small private plane she was on crashed into the side of a volcano in Panama. From the first page we are in the midst of the news of the accident - a mystery of the missing Talia and Michael - and that abrupt entry into this memoir follows a day by day accounting of the events that eventually revealed that Talia and Michael were not missing, but dead. We learn of Kim's response to the trauma, the subsequent haggling with the court system over inheritance, and all the agonies that accompany the loss of a child. But the aspect that makes the book unique is Kim's gradual discovery of her ability to communicate with Talia in the afterlife. Finding solace in this fact helped Kim to heal and now she is pursuing assisting others in the path of healing, learning and spiritual awakening. Despite the crushing blow to Kim's life and belief system, her gifts as a mother evolved form raising a child to the enriching communication with her daughter in the afterlife.

She ends this moving book with photographs of her daughter, the resolution of the legalities of the incident, coming to a level of resolution with her in-laws and with the following words: `Besides coming to realize that there is NO DEATH, I have also learned that no matter what our path, we all get to the same place. No matter what choices we make here on earth, while in this body, we really are on a path already set out for us. We meet whom we met for a reason. We do what we do for a reason - especially if we know our soul, listen to our inner voice, and follow that voice in how we live and what we do. Our inner vision knows the truth, but it's not always easy for us to hear that inner voice and see that inner vision.' As an educated, intelligent woman who has not only survived a devastating experience but has conquered that aspect of life on this earth, Kim Klein introduces the reader to an aspect of spiritualism (if that is a word that can be applied to understanding the eternal journey) that will doubtless be of significant assistance to everyone who finds the need to understand the flow of life - and beyond. Grady Harp, February 14
on February 26, 2014
This memoir is so good. The first chapter had me crying and really wanting to reach out to Kim and hold her. I could never imagine going through what she went through. Kim’s daughter was flying in a private plane with Kim’s ex-husband when the plane did not arrive when it was supposed to. Kim finds out that the private plane crashed when on its way to Panama and her daughter Talia was killed. This is a very emotional book for me and the spiritual journey I took was like no other. Highly recommend this memoir as you will think about this book long after you are finished reading it.
on February 28, 2014
This memoir really pulls at your heart strings, a loving mother recounts the life of her now gone 13 year old daughter. It was a difficult story to read because of the subject matter. Kimberly Klein takes you on the journey of the wonderful life spent with her daughter, then tragedy strikes as she uncovers the details of her death. The continuous legal battles that follow really make you sympathize, as no one going through this tragedy should have to endure such tasks.
This is an amazing book, it’s sad but really makes you appreciate what you have.
on November 16, 2011
The author's true account of her desperate search for her missing 13-year-old daughter reads like fiction; I couldn't put it down! An agonizing search-and-rescue mission in the jungles of Panama. The heartbreaking loss of a child. A behind-the-scenes look at the sordid details of the rich and famous. A painful trial. This is the stuff novels are made of.

But Hummingbirds is more than a tragic story. The author shows us all that regardless of the pain and struggles she went through, she was able to find love and peace. Out of the loss, wreckage and betrayal comes the triumphant discovery that there is no such thing as "death," as her daughter reaches out to her from "the other side," changing her life forever, and showing readers that they too can find peace and healing regardless of what life throws at them.

Klein's story is a gift for anyone who has ever lost a child and anyone interested in the possibility of continuing their relationships with lost loved ones. A beautiful book!
on March 30, 2012
This true story was a most extraordinary story of a Mother's search for her daughter and how she was able to move on after her daughter's death. I cannot even imagine how painful it must have been to journal the events.
on November 5, 2011
Kimberly Klein has written a beautiful book from the perspective of a loving mother. Her daughter Talia will stay in the hearts of all who read the book. Thank you Kim for sharing your story. ScS