Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF forum

Humor, bullying, and how you tell the difference?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2012 1:29:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 12:50:56 PM PST
Aurora says:
The is sheep on the cover, and I think many people are like sheep. Truly. They will just follow. What about having mind of your own for a change?

Seems people loved this book, and many people love regretsy.com. Regretsy makes virtue of being humorous,and this book is an outgrow of this site. But is it humorous or plain snappy and nagging? Lots of stuff is just not really funny, more like nagging wives, Mensh! So neat picking on unimportant stuff that is a a pain in the arse instead of being funny.

Or let say, most stuff isn't funny to me, I am the Jewish comedians fan and also like stuff witty. Recently more is being talked about humor and bullying, more knowledge is being spread.

Psychotherpists also are very familiar with the persona of a bully who tells " I was just kidding," or " you are overreacting, have a thicker skin," etc. Bullying is a very complex phenomenon, and I know that it is difficult for the bullies themselves to recognize that they do something wrong, because inside they are extremely insecure, don't know how to recognize boundaries because they grew up in verbally abusive household and never learned to set boundaries, etc.

But humor itself can turn into abuse, and people often laugh along in order to strangely defend their psyche form hurt. Bullying through humor is damaging, lets face it.

But how you recognize that the boundaries are being crossed? How you a face a bully/bullies who are in denial? Usually those shift blame to the victim, "don't be a cry baby," and other manipulative techniques the bully may not perceive as manipulative it the first place.

Bullying hurt people, is damaging, not only mentally, but a victim can have also physical symptoms. It is a form of psychological violence. Who decides if a person should have feel hurt or not? I think the person against who the jokes are directed, not the joker.

Interesting article here about teen bullying:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/teen-bullying-when-do-jok_n_2005997.html

As for me I don't buy too often on etsy, but love the site. And no, I am not a person whose stuff was featured on regretsy, so, I don't have personal experience with it. But read posts on etsy forum, and know that some sellers closed their shops after being exposed to typical regretsy comments. I would feel terrible if someone did it after my ill conceived jokes. How I would apologize? I am joker too, but I try to be civic.

And did you notice, one published commetn said explicitly " I don't give you right to publish this correspondence" and A.Whinchell did it anyway? Why she is so touchy that she publishes people's complains in this section? So 13 years old: you can criticize people but they aren't allow to criticize you? Trully, some people can be butt hurt incaranted.

http://www.regretsy.com/butthurt/

Well, we see that today's internet culture can come very close to shame sanctions :( where the shamed has not right to defense her/himself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF
Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF by April Winchell (Paperback - April 6, 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars (89)