Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2009 7:03:44 PM PDT
Can anyone give me some recomendations for funny mysteries? I've read Janet Evanovich, but prefer Harlan Coben's Bolitar series and loved Spencer Quinn's Dog On It.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2010 8:51:51 AM PDT
C. Trotter says:
Elvis Cole novels by Robert Crais. 1st book in series is "The Monkey's Raincoat"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010 1:26:59 AM PDT
I agree with the Elvis Cole suggestion. A little more obscure is Dick Lochte: Sleeping Dog (and there were a couple of other Leo Bloodworth novels after it)

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 10:52:48 AM PDT
R. Mitchell says:
Try Lisa Lutz, P. J. Tracy, or Marshall Karp. Dave Barry has a couple of really funny crime novels too. They aren't exactly complicated mysteries, but they are hilarious.

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 12:45:25 PM PST
Sheila says:
I've been honored to have my book Hot Tea (The Tea Series), now on sale for the Holiday Season, reviewed as follows --

I bought this book based on a verbal recommendation from a friend and was surprised how quickly I was sucked in. I was first drawn to the banter between the sisters. It will bring back childhood memories in anyone who grew up in a tight-knit family. Every character reminded me of someone from my past. This is clearly the first of many in a series as it ended on a question mark. The problem is that now I'm wrapped up in the story and I need answers. I want more and I want it now! If the author is reading this - QUIT GOOFING AROUND ON THE INTERNET AND GET BACK TO WORK!!

Someone suggested these books on a discussion site and I thought, why not? I'm reading the second in the series right now and have really enjoyed them. They have mystery, romance and a good bit of humor, which I love!!! I love Cara's relationship with her sister and their constant banter. I will definitely read the next ones.

I purchased the first in the series based on an interview I read with the author. The book offers a good dose of comedy along with intrigue making it an ideal Sunday afternoon read. The relationship the sisters share can only be written by a sister and it makes me wonder if Ms. Horgan has spent time with me and my sister! Hysterical!

I hope that you will agree.

Sheila
Hot Tea (The Tea Series)
Sweet Tea (The Tea Series)

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 7:23:45 AM PST
Joan Hess' Maggody series is fun. Also, her Claire Malloy series is good.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 7:07:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 7, 2012 7:07:42 PM PST
The best of the funny mysteries, IMHO, is the John Corey series by Nelson DeMille. Corey is funny, sarcastic, clever, often obnoxious, but lovable. Start with PLUM ISLAND, then go on to my personal favorite THE LION, NIGHT FALL, WILD FIRE (weakest one)and the final one so far, THE LION.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 7:35:22 PM PST
Emione says:
Joan Hess' Maggody series. She is a riot.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 23, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deal Breaker (New English library)
Deal Breaker (New English library) by Harlan Coben (Paperback - September 16, 1999)
4.2 out of 5 stars (524)