5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Nutrional Advice
I picked up Hungry for Change: Ditch the Diets, Conquer the Cravings, and Eat Your Way to Lifelong Health, for a client of mine who has been complaining of health issues lately and eats a diet full of "low fat" and processed foods. I ended up reading it myself.

Published 21 months ago by Eco-Friendly Feng Shui Designer

3.0 out of 5 stars A good reference
Published 21 months ago by Fit Rob

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Nutrional Advice, October 2, 2012

The authors have a pretty simple message: eat real food for health. That means no processed food, artificially made fat free food, aspartame and other artificial sweeteners,caffeine, MSG, food that has been genetically modified and more. (Other than the caffeine, I agree with everything.)No microwaves, processed foods or artificial ingredients. It means avoiding sugar and refined flour. Say good bye to empty calories.

Eat real, whole foods and you won't need to diet...your weight will stabilize naturally.

Whole foods. Meat from pasture raised animals fed grass. Organic. Super foods like chia and hemp seeds, seaweed, coconut,green juices, parsley and cilantro.

Throughout the book, people are featured who changed their health by changing their diet are featured.

Lots of healthy recipes are included...many I will try. (OK, think I will get another copy for myself!)

Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less is More, October 4, 2012
Just received the book. I've seen "Food Matters" and the DVD, "Hungry For Change" I am one of those middle-aged women who struggles with extra pounds that seem to be adding up and are so difficult to lose. This book to me is like written form of the DVD and HFC Recipe book, combined. I LOVE IT! Of the messages I walk away with, meaningful to me is choosing higher quality foods that actually nourish my body vs. continuously craving food because what I was eating wasn't nourishing my body. For me, it isn't about weight loss as much as creating a healthy body. I think the weight will work itself out as that appears to be happening. I love the approach of adding in the healthy practices one at a time and over time they will replace the unhealthy food/practices. That seems to be a life changer...not a short term goal.

Thank you for the common sense approach! I couldn't recommend the Book, DVD and Cookbook enough! To all involved in making this...Thank you, You have changed my life! My health and happiness have greatly improved because of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Calorie Counting, October 2, 2012
These authors intend to set the record straight. It's not the calories that count. It's the quality of the food. The kind of food we eat matters. How we prepare that food matters. Conquering the obesity epidemic which is overtaking this country doesn't require starvation. It requires a new menu.

It was a family member's health challenge, in 2003, that led them to research nutrition and diet and begin organizing what they found into an easy-to-understand, no-nonsense format. They began with the film, "Food Matters". They have written this book as a companion resource for their newest documentary, "Hungry for Change". Their message is simple: replace unhealthy, unnatural foods with healthy natural ones.

The first part of the book gives detailed information for determining which foods are healthy and which aren't. It also contains tips for gradually changing unhealthy, often addictive eating patterns -- such as shopping the perimeters of the grocery store instead of the aisles, and focusing on gradually adding healthy foods to your diet instead of on depriving yourself of the unhealthy ones. The second part of the book contains lots of simple, creative recipes that make it both easy and interesting to begin eating healthy.

The words of wisdom from a stellar lineup of medical and nutritional experts sprinkled throughout the text, are the icing on the cake (in this case an Almond and Orange Cake made with coconut palm sugar). This book is a thorough and inspirational tool for making food our friend instead of our undoing.

(InannaWorks.com received a free review copy of this book.)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good reference, October 29, 2012
This book is pretty much just a companion to the DVD "Hungry for Change" that was released a year or 2 ago. It contains many recipes as well as a couple of different detox/healthy eating programs that are very good for you. The text of the book goes over a lot of the ground covered in the movie but will serve as a good reference if you are struggling to resist the bad food urges at times. The collection of stories from people who have gone from extremely unhealthy to very healthy makes you realise that anyone can be healthy if they want to.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so pleased!, October 6, 2012
Rarely have I been this happy with a book. It is straightforward, inspiring and helpful. The recipe section is brilliantly designed and with simple, delicious recipes. It is exactly what I needed. I can't thank the authors enough for the work and sacrifice they've put into this effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hungry for Change, October 20, 2012
Hungry for Change is a sobbering documentary that exposes what is happening to each and everyone one of us as a direct result of the Food Industry. It gets the word out so that we are educated on what is happening with the food supply that is poisoning our bodies, causing disease and cancer... and tells us why this is happening and how to stop it and create the change that is needed. The data is presented so that is easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Hungry for Change: Ditch the Diets, Conquer the Cravings, and Eat Your Way to Lifelong Health (Kindle Edition)
This book is so informative.... I've been looking for something to help improve my health and while I don't want to go totally raw, the information in this book is outstanding in outlining how certain foods and additives affect the human body.... The DVD is great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information to becoming healthy!, December 15, 2012
progtodd (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Ordered this book to help me change my diet. Excellent resource in accomplishing this task! What's also great are the references they include in the book! I have SO much information from the websites they list throughout the book! It's incredible! I would also recommend the book, The PH Miracle. I use both of these books as my resources. Just to let you know about me, I'm a 50 yr old 6 foot 180 lb male. Or I should say was! I went on a juice fast for 5 days and then continued following the diet they recommend in the two books. I lost 14 lbs in 10 days!! And my energy level is out the roof!! We as a whole view food as entertainment vs. fuel for our body. This book will teach you how to see food as fuel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great info for the nutrition beginner, motivation for the seasoned nutrition nerd, October 31, 2012
I spend a lot of time learning about nutrition and natural health. I am getting a bachelors in Integrative Therapeutic Practices and have taken a number of conventional nutrition classes in college. I also have researched many different philosophies on nutrition, from veganism to raw foods to paleo to Westin A Price and all the fun stuff in between. This book draws on the wisdom of all those philosophies without getting into some of the deeper theories. It also spares us some of the craziness that can be found in rigid nutritional philosophies. Its a bit more alternative than what you'll hear from a conventional nutritionist, but I think it's overall well rounded. Much of the info I already knew, but it's inspiring and motivating and has some good recipes in the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything from Food Matters Team is Awesome..., October 2, 2012
Lucas Rockwood (Koh Samui, Thailand) - See all my reviews
James and Laurentine have an incredible skill at finding truth amongst all the noise in the holistic health world. I've been a huge fan since Food Matters, loved the film of Hungry for Change, and was even more impressed by the book (got an early copy through a colleague).

Rate and Discover Movies