Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 7, 2013
After having Gastric Bypass over 3 years ago, I found that there isn't very many books that highlight desserts....let alone recipes for lower fat and calories desserts. Whether you are wanting cheesecake or a cake pop, Lisa has recipes that are moist, delicious and healthier. Even if you haven't had gastric bypass or a lap band, or you just want to watch what you are eating, you can't go wrong. Definitely worth adding to your collection!
on June 22, 2013
I saw her on TV and it looked like an interesting cookbook, but most of the desserts are made with fake ingredients, artificial sweeteners etc. and that isn't for me and how I want to eat. I will have a bunch of guests coming over the next few months that are calorie-conscious so this might be good for making desserts for them. I guess I thought it would have more innovative ways to make lower calorie desserts, and that made me somewhat disappointed.
on May 10, 2013
the book and recipes were great. already tried a few. i just wish it had pictures for every recipe. you have to go online to see the pictures.
on May 7, 2013
I have every cookbook put out by Hungry Girl and use all of them. In my opinion, these are the perfect cookbooks for the way my family eats. Quick, easy, "junk food heaven" and HEALTHY. The "junk food" from the other cookbooks are healthier "makeovers" of things like nachos, Mac & cheese, etc. This book is only desserts and snacks.

My 12 year old granddaughter can make a lot of these as an after school snack (especially the mug cakes made in the microwave--perfect single size) and has been using my other Hungry Girl cookbooks since she was 9. I highly recommend this -- worth the price in every way.

(No, I don't know these people nor do they know me -- I have not been contacted by them in any way to write a glowing rating -- I just Love these books by Hungry Girl). There is a web site, also, that has hundreds of recipes.
on May 14, 2013
Great addition to all my Low Cal cook books. I have tried a few recipes so far and they taste like a real cheat but they are not. I will keep sampling and cooking:) Using this great book.
on May 12, 2013
This book is a great collection fun, guiltless, EASY and affordable recipes! There are so many creative solutions for anyone watching fat and calories who would prefer not to have to settle for a sugar free jello cup to satisfy their sweet tooth. One thing I love about these dessert recipes is that they're portioned right for one or two people... You don't have to bake a whole pan of brownies and then figure out how you're going to eat just one. The thing that impressed me the most about this book is that she didn't repeat any of her old recipes. I thought there would be at least a few that were "borrowed" from earlier books and I was so pleasantly surprised that there is not ONE recipe in here that I've seen before in the other books. Nice job, HG!! Making a trifle for Mom tonight!
on May 10, 2013
These recipes are great for couples that want dessert and know an entire dessert would go to waste. It's not just for dieters. I can't wait to try them.
on March 11, 2014
I have to say this is a very well printed book. It has many desserts that look really good but some of them are what are in her other books. If you have no will power I suggest you NOT buy this book. There are lots of recipes that serve many people, sometimes around 26, and you can only eat one teeny piece. I would never in a lifetime make this many desserts. I'm so happy with Hungry Girl to the Max which is my bible and I am happy with that one for my desserts. I have learned her way of living so I can adapt my meals with what she is sharing. Think twice before you purchase this book take a trip to the library and check it out first.
on February 18, 2014
I'm a major Hungry Girl fan and this book hits another home run. Here's a sample of some of the recipes: Caramel White Chocolate Brownies---Cappuccino Crème Brulee---Black Forest Cupcakes. All are >200 calories per serving! And do look at the best Hungry Girl Cookbook of all: "Hungry Girl to the Max." You can also poke around the website: [...]. All highly recommended.
on May 25, 2014
I cannot stay on a diet if I cannot have treats. There are really different delicious desserts Made with just with cake mix and canned pumpkin or cake mix and canned pineapple. Frosting is a diet pudding mixed with 1/3 cup of canned frosting. Delish. Unusual fun and yummy. You won't be sorry.