Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hungry Monkey: A Food-Loving Father's Quest to Raise an Adventurous Eater
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 7, 2016
As a frequent listener of his podcast Spilled Milk, I knew I had to read this book. It's hilarious and perfect reading material while on maternity leave. I have not made any of the recipes yet, but plan to soon. This would make an excellent gift for any expecting foodie parents!
on January 13, 2016
fun read.
on January 2, 2016
Just tried the dumpling recipe and it was fantastic! Can't wait to work my way through the rest. A wonderful book.
on November 8, 2015
This book is hilarious and entertaining! A must have for anyone who is about to have a baby and cares about food.
on October 12, 2015
First of all, I love books that include recipes at the end of each chapter. Big bonus points there ;) Secondly, it is just a lot of fun to read. The author writes about the food-eating adventures he shares with his daughter, Iris, from birth to age 4. The memoir is very well-written and interjected with an abundance of humor. What I love most though, is the variety of meals that he introduces throughout the book, most of which he includes recipes for. If you love food, and especially if you're a parent wondering how to add some excitement to mealtimes, please do yourself a favor and read this book!
on July 25, 2015
Loved Matthew's other book, Pretty Good Number One, so was excited to read this one! Absolutely loved it (never doubted that I would!).

Actually, I was reading aloud the chapter where they take a family vacation to Vancouver (not a spoiler alert, I swear!) when my boyfriend and I were sitting a few miles from the Canadian border. Matthew made the food sound so good, my boyfriend turned to me and said "hey, want to go and eat there?" We said "why not?" and jumped in our car to drive an hour to Vancouver and try out one of the spots he mentioned (I won't reveal that... now *that* could be a spoiler alert... ;D)

Basically, I wasn't really reading this as a parent, or even a future parent. I just like the way Matthew writes, and find it entertaining to hear a kid's perspective on food!
on July 5, 2015
This is a terrific book about "child led" eating, which my daughter is implementing and I now understand. Even if you are not feeding a baby or toddler, it is an easy, delightful read. Bonus: chock full of recipes we'll be trying soon.
on July 4, 2015
Mostly, it was a pretty great book; it gives a fresh perspective to feeding children that just makes sense. The recipes are exceptional, even deceptive because of the ease of preparation, but taste like you're at a five star restaurant. I really enjoyed the context and recipes, but some parts seemed a little... Maybe hurried. I enjoyed the conversations surrounding the recipes and how the two were related, but around the middle, the book started to lose that consistency. There were recipes in abrupt places that clearly didn't correlate with any part of that story, before or after. I found myself confused and paging back to see if I missed something and disappointed when I realized I didn't. The details of each adventure got a little vague and it lost the intimacy it started out with. BUT I don't regret the time I spent reading it because overall, I loved spending time with the family and still ultimately felt like I was sitting at their dinner table, getting secret information about kids and food.
on June 26, 2015
This was a hugely fun read, and as the mom of a boy who's the typical picky eater for that age, I thought it had a great viewpoint on feeding kids. But mostly, it was fun!
on June 7, 2015
Loved it! Excellent condition, arrived quickly. Will absolutely use the recipes with my daughter!!