4.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Air Purifier
Published on January 17, 2012 by StacyB

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't tell the difference
I really can't tell the difference in the room. I had left it running in a bedroom on low for about a month. Recently, I moved it down to my den. But in the bedroom, the air quality really doesn't seem any different than when I ran the air purifier. I guess it makes an okay fan.
Published on November 23, 2012 by Lex

4.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Air Purifier, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
The air purifier seems to be doing a good job. It is quiet, and therefore usable in a bedroom. One drawback to use in a bedroom is the lights on the top of the machine. They are bright enough to light up the room which make it difficult to sleep. You can reduce the light pollution by turning off the ion filter, or simply covering the top of the maching with something dark enough to block the light. We purchased the unit to help wtih allergies and we are feeling relief in symptoms. The unit is sleek in design and does not take up much floor space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
This Filter makes US sleep better at night, more rested, My wife claims that the air in the house is more breathable, (she did not know the filter had arrived when she said this!)...Worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
We really love our large room air purifier. It work real good and is very quite, we think you will love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an Amazing Air Filter, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
Got this because my children were constantly coughing at night. They were on respirators, and I had to give them medicine on a regular basis. Tried of the doctors being useless I went out and bought this and after the first week they stopped coughing at night, they started to breath better to the point where they didn't need their medicine, 2 years later and I'm still using it. Even bought one for my little sister since she has respiratory issues. Worth every penny.

Keep in mind to vacuum out the mesh every month and replace filters at least every 6 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little noisier than I though, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
I purchased a Hunter fan as the quality that has always shown up in their products seems great. Their motors are also usually very quiet, at least on their ceiling fans. This purifier does a great job of moving a lot of air. The high setting does make quite a bit of noise though so the medium setting the what we keep it on. Seems to have helped with allergies even though we keep the windows open whenever the weather allows. Overall good product and I don't regret the decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this purifier, April 12, 2014
dwightlathan77 (Traverse City, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
The machine runs much quieter than my older purifiers. It runs equivalently to a streamlined box fan in airflow and sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for the price, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
We live in an old house near a pond, and it's humid in the summer which can produce mold & mildew plus we have two cats and a dog. We placed this unit in our bedroom, and noticed a difference right away. My sinuses felt significantly better after just one night of using it. It's also just a darn good fan. The rooms in our house are modestly sized; I'm not sure how this would do in a big room with cathedral ceilings, but it's just right for us. Sure, the filters are not cheap, but neither are decongestants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
Works Great, Takes smoke and other oders out of the room.

Looks good, works good, What more could you ask for ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Second one we bought., May 20, 2013
This review is from: Hunter 30847 4 in 1 Large Room Air Purifier (Misc.)
After getting the smaller Hunter air purifier version of this latest one for our bedroom, we needed one for our living room area. The #30847 was our choice and we're very pleased with it. We live in an area surrounded by pine forests with a gravel road and we heat with wood during the wintertime, so you can see our need for something to do the job. So far, these two Hunter air purifiers are doing a magnificent job. They're very quiet, handsome looking and we've had no troubles at all with either them or the two different sources they were received from, through Amazon.

If I had one slightly negative comment, I think that would be the cost of the HEPA filters they use. I'd thought, through the product's description, it was a "permanent" filter--meaning it would never need replacing. But, it appears we'll be buying replacement filters more frequently than I'd expected. Either I misread that or whatever, that would be my only concern. They are expensive. The "washable" pre-filter is only a thin piece of open-cell foam that does catch the pet hair and some of the dust and all I have to do is take it out of the intake cover and either blow it out or give it a quick rinse with cool water. We're very pleased with the Hunter products we own.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't tell the difference, November 23, 2012