Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hunter 28028 52" Allendale Ceiling Fan White w/ Light & 5 Rev White/Bleached Oak Blades
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 13, 2011
We use only Hunter fans. We bought this as a replacement for our oldest one and very unhappy. Hunter website says "standard bulbs" but it only had B-10 candlabras. Two of the furnished bulbs burned out in the first two weeks. Then the light switch on the light kit quit. Fan speed switch still okay. Is Hunter sacrificing quality?

Otherwise, very quiet and decent design.
on June 2, 2012
I love Hunter fans. They are quiet and great for the money. The Allendale fan is great: quiet and works well. The dimming light kit it horrible. It does not dim unless I loosen 3 of the 4 bulbs. Then the dimmer works great and I can even turn the light off. However, once the wall switch is turned off and back on, the light automatically goes to full blast without being able to dim it or turn it off unless 3 of the bulbs are loosened. Unlike other Hunter's the manual states you can only use this light kit with the fan. They should rephrase that to cannot use the light kit. I'm trying to figure out a time to take it down and return it. I've very very disappointed.
on November 14, 2011
This fan is noisy. Sounds like it's missing some ball bearing, or has dirt in the bearing, or else a few of the ball bearing are square! It's noisier that the (15 year old) off brand fan I'm trying to replace I had good luck with Hunter in the past but after this experience, seems like their quality had dropped significantly. Built south of the border probably is part of the reason. Also this fan uses four of the 40watt bulbs so light output is dim. If I wanted dim light, I'd get a fan with a 3 light kit!!!!! Lousy idea to have crappy wattage limit. Cutting corners et every turn to save a dime!!!! Also light takes 2 second for light to turn on due to the over wattage protection circuits, so you can not use anything larger that 40 way bulbs. This fan is getting returned, and I'm also checking into other fans besides Hunter.
on May 10, 2011
Regret purchasing this fan. It's highest setting is very slow. I had no idea there were different fans out there with different air flow settings. Very disappointed.