5.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Wellies
From a farm to the city, my feet where never wet, cold or out of style....
Published on November 24, 2008 by C. Faulkner

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOU TIME, AND MONEY
Published on December 1, 2011 by outdoorsy1989

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOU TIME, AND MONEY, December 1, 2011
I was so excited when I got Hunter boots for my birthday during the summer of 2010, living in Seattle you really can't get by without reliable rain boots. I did much research into rain boots, because again I live in Seattle. Of course I didn't break them out untill fall, and only a year later I was in about 1 inch of water and felt water coming into one of my boots. I thought huh? there must be a manufacturer defect, well Hunter seems like a good company i'm sure I could contact them. I decided to email them, the response I got was "Hunter boots are typically made for the rainy days that we do have. Of course, rain can accumulate and we can see knee deep inches of water but at Hunter, we would never recommend using any of our boots in any type flooding, whether it be 2" or 5" of water." So they really don't stand behind their word at all. I was shocked.
Why would anyone pay $125 for rain boots that are not waterproof? Then about a month ago the rubber of my boots cracked exposing the boots lining. I contacted them once more thinking they must be faulty. The response I got over the phone was that they have only a 12 month warranty. Well I didn't understand why they had fallen apart so fast, some reviews I read were from people stating they had the same pair for 15, even 20 years! Why would mine be different? The so called "realiable hunter originals" have been made in China since 2008, identical to the originals originally made in Scotland. I just answered my own question, next time I want rain boots made in China i'll just go to Walmart. "Outstanding in every field" to me is a statement representing false company integrity. The original quote Hunter kept even after their manufacturing was outsourced.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, SAVE YOUR MONEY....Hunters are not what they were, March 3, 2010
Ross (Harrogate, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These boots use to be manufactured in Scotland and were fantastice quality but are now made in China and Brazil.

They are now terrible quality and will not last long. But don't just take my word for it, just put into Google "Hunters poor quality"

Also look at these sites to see what many others are saying.....

Horse and Hound
[...]

Secret Scotland
[...]

My fiance bought me a pair of Hunters just 2 years ago and said that they would last for years. Both boots have developed cracks along the soles and are letting in water. It should also be noted that I do not wear them much. If they are used every day they may only last 6 months which is better as they have a 12 month guarantee!

1.0 out of 5 stars New Hunter Boots aren't what they were, April 22, 2012
Macaholic "Dave" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased a pair of Hunter Originals, it turns out they were made in China according to the box. Previous 2 pair were the real deal and have been worn for years and many miles. After wearing my new pair less than 4 hours-over perhaps 5 occasions-one of the heels has fallen off and remains lost in the mud somewhere on my property! It is unbelievable that new owners of such a famous brand would throw their reputation away by sanctioning poor quality and inferior merchandise to be manufactured under their name. Face it, the poor Chinese workers are making what their British corporate lords and Chinese mafia shop owners agree is acceptable.

The current holder of the Hunter brand must be exposed as a vulture capitalist who takes over a struggling company with a reputable brand for cheap, only to dismiss the skilled workers and extract the last profit by sourcing cheap janky merchandise as the whole business fizzles down the drain. Ethically bankrupt bastards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Impostor Boots -- Empty Name Sold Out!, September 22, 2011
These boots are now made in China, quality dropped. Chemical smell. Develop leaks. Useless 'celebrities' thought it was 'kewl' to be seen in them and so greed took over. And another excellent product bites the dust. Save your money. Vote how you buy. Look for substance and real quality and fair prices.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!, November 2, 2013
I am on my 4th pair of Hunter Balmorals. All of them have leaked and been replaced by Hunter. I have horses and dogs so I need wellies every day.
The last time I sent them back the idiots at Hunter Customer service said that in their test my boots didn't show a leak! As if I have the time to waste sending back boots if there's no problem with them. It was clear they were embarrassed about their poor quality product. I have since heard many people say similar things about Hunter boots and no doubt this is because they are now made on the cheap in China where they don't care about the quality. I will never buy Hunters again. If you are thinking of buying them DON'T.

1.0 out of 5 stars Struggle, January 21, 2011
I can't get these boots off. I always have to have someone around me to help to pull them off. For the price, I thought they were going to be fantastic. Live and learn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Colorless faded washed out boots, January 23, 2011
The boots are faded out washed out colorless. Returned the product twice hoping it was just a rare defect, but apparently it's not a rare defect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought a pair 37 years ago..., November 30, 2013
I have been reading reviews on these boots as mine, after 37 years of good use, have developed a leak in the upper ankle area. The rubber has deteriorated and split. I loved these boots and received many compliments on them. I lived on a chicken farm and then these boots went to graduate school with me in upstate New York. I paid $35 for them; imagine my surprise when I went to replace them and found that the price is now $140! Even so, I was willing to buy them because I was so pleased with them...and then I read the reviews. I had no idea that these boots were no longer made in Scotland. And it took 37 years for them to develop a problem. Apparently most of the new ones made in China develop a problem within 37 minutes! What a shame the company chose to produce a highly inferior product and slap a hefty price tag on them to boot! (Pun not intended, really it wasn't.) I have decided to buy another brand for "dress up" and keep my Hunters for walks in the woods, etc. Now where did I put that inner tube patch kit??

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Wellies Leak, January 3, 2014
I don't understand it. These boots are supposed to the ultimate stylish foul weather gear. The look great but they leak like crazy with just a small amount of water on NYC sidewalks. I'm going to look into trying to rain proof them. Maybe my shoe repair person has some ideas. My soaks are always wet when I wear these boots. It's so disappointing!

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, April 19, 2013
MARY C. CATE (SOUTHLAKE, TX, US) - See all my reviews
well the smell almost drove us out of the house. They smelled like we were storing inner-tubes in the house or something. They run REALLY big to.

Rate and Discover Movies