Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 22, 2002
I set a goal, less than two months ago to return to riding (10 years ago, I was a walk-trot) and learn how to jump before next year. Not only am I jumping, I'm the trainer's favorite demonstrator for her more advanced students! My secret is this book. Another trainer told me to read it, and she couldn't have given me better advice (no really, she couldn't). If you're a hunter-seat rider and if you want to really know what you're supposed to be doing, instead of guessing and second guessing your trainers' wishes, read this book!
on January 25, 2001
If you ride hunt seat and you only buy one book this is the book you should own. If you own more than one book this is the one you should read first AND last. George Morris breaks down every task into simple to understand steps with concise instructions and helpful pictures. As my trainer once told me, if you can follow George Morris's instructions, you'll be an excellent rider. I simply cannot say enough terrific things about this book!!
on January 30, 2000
I have read and reread this book and consider it my equitation bible. It is not only for huntseat riders but the basics apply to all riders. Mr. Morris is one of the finest equestrians I know of. I own a first edition of this book and whenever I have a question I go to the master. I have always ridden according to the principles set out in this book and though I ride stockseat now , the same principles still apply. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to ride or to veteran riders.
on October 10, 2000
This is the definitive equitation instruction book - it should be required reading for anyone interested in becoming a proficient, correct and balanced horseperson, or an efficient and correct coach or trainer, regardless of discipline. The longevity of both George Morris's riding and literary careers proves that correct equitation never goes out of style. The book contains detailed descriptions of basic and advanced positions and exercises for both horse and rider.
I have ridden hunter seat equitation for 16 years, I have owned this book (2nd ed.) for 14 years, and I still learn something every time I open it.
on October 10, 2001
There is a reason why George Morris is such a revered member of this sport! This book is brilliantly written in that it takes a form of a horseback riding that appears so complex and makes it easy for anyone to understand. I rely on this book as the basis for my training in hunt seat. His emphasis on not only on technical maneuvers, but on style as well and, through his pages, the reader truly comes to appreciate both the athleticism and beauty of this sport.
on March 20, 2004
This is the best book on how to ride. Written logically, and so the reader can understand how to ride. Watch the video after reading the book. Every time you read it, you get more out of it.
on January 21, 2001
Written in the same style as Helen Crabtree's Saddle Seat Equitation, Hunter Seat Equitation is definatly the how to guide for this seat. Again, covers everything from little details to the big picture, if you ride hunt seat you should own this book.
on August 26, 2005
I've never really benefited from reading books about riding in the past, but Hunter Seat Equitation changed that! I constantly refer to the book when I'm riding and it has made me much more aware of my body and aids. The pictures are wonderful and really give a good example of what you are trying to achieve. It even includes things you might not expect, like how to choose the right horse to compliment your style of riding. Wonderful book.
on April 29, 1999
This is it, the right way to ride english. Based on good basics with safety first. The best resource to start with to learn about english riding for pleasure or profession. George knows. Read it twice. Thanks George.
on April 15, 2016
If you have been taking Hunter jumper lessons for any length of time, I don't need to tell you who George Morris is, because you already know. The man is pure legend in the community and rightly so. This book he authored many years ago stands the test of time as THE single, definitive guide to the sport of show hunters, and provides an excellent foundation for equitation over fences in any of the jumping disciplines.
If you are new to hunters, and wish to learn more about the sport, you have come to exactly the right place. This is absolutely the first book you should pick up! And follow up with watching the many videos of Mr. George Morris's clinics that can be found on USEF network.
Every rider I know, even those who ride different disciplines, owns a copy of this text. There is so much to be learned about the basics of good horsemanship in general, and Mr. Morris explains everything in detail.