5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied

Published 14 months ago by J Morel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied, May 7, 2010
B. McCarthy (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Huntington 12 Pack 16 Ounce Capacity Drinkware Tumblers - Virtually Unbreakable Polycarbonate - Lightweight - Clear Color (Kitchen)
These plastic glasses are light-weight yet very sturdy. A little "pricey" but worth the reusable factor. They wash in the dishwasher coming out clear not cloudy. They fit perfectly in our fridge door water and ice dispencer. The picture does not reflect how they really look. They are clear not blue tinted and texture is not bubbled rather they have widely spaced lines for easy grip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and durable, July 5, 2010
These glasses are great. They look like glass, yet if you drop them they don't break. The little slits in the bottom of them help drain the water when you put them in the dishwasher so that they are dry when you take them out. I have no complaints.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great in many areas, but edge a bit sharp, May 15, 2011
S. Sappington (Gaithersburg, MD) - See all my reviews
Update May 27th, 2011
My family is still very pleased with these tumblers. The kids commented on how nice it is to have a big glass that isn't heavy. One thing I noticed is that despite having 3 drain slots on the bottoms, the glasses still have some water pool in them in the dishwasher. I'm not sure if it's because my dish rack doesn't put the glasses on as much as an angle as others or not. If having consistently dry bottoms on all your glasses is important you may want to look for others where the bottom is completely flat and flush with the rest of the glass.

I bought 12 of these 16 oz tumblers in the Azure Blue color. There is a lot to like! They hold more than my prior glasses, yet I can fit 6 in a row across top of dishwasher, versus only 5 of my prior glasses due to the relatively slim shape of these tumblers. The drain slits in the bottom are a nice touch so water doesn't pool in the dishwasher. The ridges around the glass help make the grip better. They are very clear and attractive. I also like their lightweight and slim shape...more like glass than cheaper heavier plastic tumblers. The only downside is that the edge is sharp...both right on top of the rim and slightly along the outside of the rim. My husband and I used 400 grade sandpaper to sand down the edges and they are great now. It wasn't hard, but would have been nicer for the manufacurer to have taken care of this issue. I bought mine from a restaurant supply dealer and I wonder if they just assume that with heavy restaurant use the edges will naturally wear down. Despite this issue, I find these glasses superior to others I've seen and researched and would buy more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, lightweight glasses, June 23, 2013
These are lightweight glasses that can put in the upper rack of the dishwasher. They are ideal for elderly or very young people who may have trouble with a heavy glass tumbler. So far, I think they are fine for patio use. They should be "unbreakable" and have been washed a half dozen times in the dishwasher without any marks/staining. They are not fancy, so are best suited for everyday informal occasions. They do seem to be more expensive than they ought to be (which is the reason for the *** review).

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cups!, February 22, 2013
Wow I can't believe the price for these cups! It's also made by Cambro in Huntington Beach, CA. They're standard commercial kitchen ware company. These will last a long time. They're good size too, not too tall, fits in cabinets well, stacks easily.
I knocked off a star because I agree with the other reviewer, the edges around bottom are a bit sharp. BUT you can easily fix this issue with some sandpaper or nail file!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Great Price! (READ REVIEW!), March 19, 2013
Tyler (Boulder, CO, USA) - See all my reviews
These are great high quality tumblers! I bought the twelve of them for $4.10! Great deal. I noticed now they are more than thirty dollars! I do not recommend buying them at this price! Much too high! Since I bought them when they were dirt cheap, it was practically a steal! I think $30+ is too expensive. The four dollars I spent were put to good use! Keep an eye on the price! I use camelcamelcamel to price track things on Amazon. This price change was fairly recent, so keep your eye out!

After having these about a year (granted I do not use them much as I am a college student in the residence halls), I have found them to be very durable. I've dropped them a few times (as well as stepped on them) and no cracks have formed. They are great, but NOT for fifty dollars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - but what happened to great price??, September 22, 2013
I purchased these cups back in March or April. The price was remarkable for the quality and quantity of the cups. I use them in my vacation rental unit. They have held up wonderfully...and for the price I paid - even if they didn't hold up well - it didn't matter--I pay more for plastic cups.
I went to look for the cups again today to purchase more - and price has gone up by about $30! WOW! I wish I had bought more when they were so cheap!

4.0 out of 5 stars performs well in dishwasher, April 22, 2013
These glasses have performed very well in the dishwasher and have stayed clear. They stack very well and you can get lots of glasses stored in a small area of your cabinet. I prefer the look of the Laguna textured plastic glasses and ended up getting those in all the sizes available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 20, 2013
So nice and lightweight but still look elegant. I was so tired of using 'kiddie' cups but also tired of buying glass glasses that kept getting broken (very dangerous in a house with little kids) so when I saw these for this price I figured it was worth a shot. They are amazing! I don't know how they sell them for this price. I might buy a second set for the future, although not one of these has shown signs of wear or broken even after repeated dishwasher use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent Them Back, June 21, 2014
These tumblers are uncomfortably sharp around the drinking edge and around the bottom. I don't recommend them. They do seem to be durable, but I didn't have them long enough to say for sure.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›