Huntsman - The Orphanage Halloween Edition [Online Game Code]
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
- Looking for a game with interwoven storylines, intriguing and richly-penned characters, and an immersive atmosphere?
- No violence, blood, gore or guns! Your only equipment is your smartphone, your only weapon is your wits!
- Choose your own path, make your own choices - scare yourself as much, or as little, as you please... but only positive action, empathy and character judgement will win the game!
- IGM:"a whole new take on the horror genre... different and more creepy." DAJAY:"Resident Evil 4 for the new generation of gamers - truly innovate(s) a dying genre"TRUE PC GAMING:"picking up the reigns of Amnesia's legacy"
- While this game is non-violent, it is not suitable for young or impressionable people due to the intense nature of its supernatural themes.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MORE STORY THAN GORY! A HYBRID OF ALTERNATIVE HORROR AND CREEPYPASTA... Welcome to the NEW Halloween Edition! Take a deep breath, dim the lights, put on your headphones...
Get lost in the hedge maze returning the mementos to free the orphans, escape the Huntsman as he walks the same dark pathways... hunting for you!
- NOW WITH SHORTER STORIES, 30 TO 60 SECONDS EACH
- FULL-LENGTH STORIES STILL IN THERE IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO LOOK!
- INTRICATE HEDGE MAZE DESIGNED BY A RIPLEY'S BELIEVE-IT-OR-NOT MAZE-MASTER
- NEW UPGRADED AND EXPANDED TERRAIN
- IMPROVED GRAPHICS WITH MORE COMING
- MULTIPLE UPDATES INCLUDING SAVE/PAUSE/KEYBOARD BINDINGS/CONTROLLER SUPPORT
- ONGOING UPDATES
Non-linear first-person gameplay lets you explore Grimhaven Orphanage and discover the characters who once lived there – voiced by Dan Bull, Chuck Huber and Raychul Moore, plus a multitude of other great voices from around the world - some of which we discovered through our global YouTube auditions!
We call this ‘alt horror’ because it has no graphic violence, blood or guns. As the player, you have no defense... however, you must show empathy and courage to save the twelve missing orphans. This is a game for people who like to explore, listen, think and solve - and play cat and mouse in a dark and scary maze. Listen to the nineteen personal creepypasta-style stories to piece together the mysterious events of that fateful night in 1898, when twelve orphans simply... disappeared! Now with shorter (30-60 sec) in-game stories to enhance the tension and new plot twists when you least expect them! And don’t panic story lovers! The full stories are still there – on the menu page and somewhere within the game… if you know where to look!!
Find the twelve orphan’s mementos and place them on the correct headstones to set the lost souls free. Did we mention the headstones are in a hedge maze? Custom-created by a ‘Ripley’s Believe-It-Or-Not’ Maze Master? No problem! But first you’ll have to find the key... Are you up to the challenge? Did we mention the Huntsman… in the maze… stalking you? Did we mention he may also be lurking in Grimhaven Orphanage?
So – how fast can you turn and run? Well you won’t know ‘till you check it out! So go do it! Have fun!! Scare yourself as much as you want (maybe you should keep the hallway light on…!)
This is a Free Upgrade for all our Steam key holders and supporters of our Black Friday Edition – THANK YOU!
Platform: PC Download
Top Customer Reviews
The whole concept behind this game is its atmosphere and overall creepiness. It was designed to be played in a dark room with headphones on. There are no explosions or gore in this game. It does require a higher than average attention span.
It's worth the asking price and you can interact with the developer on the Steam forum. Every post I've made has received a response from someone with Shadowshifters.
1. No save feature
2. No pausing in the game so dont press escape or start otherwise u start the whole game over what???
3. Ps1 graphics even on max settings
4. No map or even a quest marker or options of where to go... nothing. Your just exploring an orphanage and have to be lucky to find stuff
Conclusion: i got this game for free (2 copies) otherwise no way in hell i would buy it.
Stick to outlast and the amnesia games for a real scare or creep fest. otherwise until this game is fixed its really bad.
There are a few things that just plain ruin the atmosphere. The games controls are for an XBox controller. You can change the bindings for the controller but you can't change the keyboard bindings. That by itself isn't that big of a deal except that I don't have a controller and I can't use the keyboard bindings to figure out what the controls are. I had to tap every key on the keyboard just to figure out how to turn on the flashlight. They don't use standard bindings either. WASD works for movement but the Z key is used to crouch when in most games the C key is used. And of course you can't tweak the graphics settings. There is a full moon in the game but I am almost completely blind even with the flashlight. There is no gamma adjustment.
At the time I'm writing this there is a FAQ at Steam the says the devs are planning to add a save function and a pause function. This game has a good concept but I think buying it before they actually finish the game is a bad idea.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Received this free with another game pre order, but I can tell you that I would not pay one penny for this game.Published 20 months ago by Brandon Edington
cannot get it to work on my computer. I have a windows laptop but the game will not work. Very frusteratingPublished on February 3, 2014 by Beverly Bowlus
everything about this game is awful, lighting, controls, sound, mechanics, and its not even scary......if i could rate it no stars i would havePublished on January 7, 2014 by Travis Hyde
Being forced to listen to ghosts...is just plan annoying. The mood of the game is great but the quest portion is just about as fun as sitting next to Gilbert Godfrey on a 10 hour... Read morePublished on September 29, 2013 by Kindle Customer