Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 20, 2013
Excellent indie horror title. Most of these negative reviews were written will the game was in beta. It is now finished and the developer continues to make improvements and add new features. You don't get that with AAA titles, these days.

The whole concept behind this game is its atmosphere and overall creepiness. It was designed to be played in a dark room with headphones on. There are no explosions or gore in this game. It does require a higher than average attention span.

It's worth the asking price and you can interact with the developer on the Steam forum. Every post I've made has received a response from someone with Shadowshifters.
on September 14, 2013
Tried to play this game, but no words can describe how mediocre it is.
1. No save feature
2. No pausing in the game so dont press escape or start otherwise u start the whole game over what???
3. Ps1 graphics even on max settings
4. No map or even a quest marker or options of where to go... nothing. Your just exploring an orphanage and have to be lucky to find stuff

Conclusion: i got this game for free (2 copies) otherwise no way in hell i would buy it.

Stick to outlast and the amnesia games for a real scare or creep fest. otherwise until this game is fixed its really bad.
22 comments7 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2013
Yes, folks, please be aware that this game is a beta version. At the time I purchased this title, there was nothing on either the game's Steam page or the Amazon page stating that, at current, the game is no where near finished. The full game is supposed to be released on Halloween, but I'd be shocked if they made that deadline.
11 comment5 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2013
I got this game for free with an Amazon indie bundle. If I had to pay for it, I'd be pissed.

There are a few things that just plain ruin the atmosphere. The games controls are for an XBox controller. You can change the bindings for the controller but you can't change the keyboard bindings. That by itself isn't that big of a deal except that I don't have a controller and I can't use the keyboard bindings to figure out what the controls are. I had to tap every key on the keyboard just to figure out how to turn on the flashlight. They don't use standard bindings either. WASD works for movement but the Z key is used to crouch when in most games the C key is used. And of course you can't tweak the graphics settings. There is a full moon in the game but I am almost completely blind even with the flashlight. There is no gamma adjustment.

At the time I'm writing this there is a FAQ at Steam the says the devs are planning to add a save function and a pause function. This game has a good concept but I think buying it before they actually finish the game is a bad idea.
11 comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2014
An Amazing Product at an AMAZING price! I cant tell you how much better my life is thanks to (Add Product Name Here) . So many wasted years I wandered the wastland without hope...forced to write unusually long reviews for product so basic a chimp could understand them..No issues, Timely Delivery...etc etc...god how these reviews pile up
11 comment0 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2014
everything about this game is awful, lighting, controls, sound, mechanics, and its not even scary......if i could rate it no stars i would have
on June 2, 2014
Received this free with another game pre order, but I can tell you that I would not pay one penny for this game.
on February 3, 2014
cannot get it to work on my computer. I have a windows laptop but the game will not work. Very frusterating
on September 14, 2013
I would honestly recommend this game to anybody looking for a really good indie horror game! Be advised that this is only a beta preview, but will give you access to the full game when it is released on Halloween.
11 comment6 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2013
Being forced to listen to ghosts...is just plan annoying. The mood of the game is great but the quest portion is just about as fun as sitting next to Gilbert Godfrey on a 10 hour flight from London. I was getting board and literally fell asleep playing this game. I was hoping for the Huntsman to come and end my misery.
11 comment0 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse