Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

• Customer Reviews

on December 8, 2012
First, I love this juicer. The best juicer on the market is the one that you will use everyday and this is the one for me. It is the fastest to use because it is self feeding. This is a fantastic time saver. I can cut up the produce while the juicer does its work, reducing my juicing time in half. Try to do that with the Super Angel. The YouTube videos I have seen on the Super Angel show the wooden pusher getting quite a workout forcing produce into the twin screws. I haven't taken the Hurom pusher out of the plastic bag yet. The clean-up is also easy and just as fast as with a single horizontal auger juicer. Please note that the parts are not dishwasher safe. Currently, there are at least three Hurom models on the market, namely the HU-100, HU-300 & HU-400. Functionally all three are the same. Differences are in the body, strainer and pin holder. The HU-100 is available in white, silver and black. I have seen a chrome model but it is difficult to get in the USA. The HU-100 has the latest improved strainer which is the black Ultem strainer. The Omega Vert still uses the amber Ultem strainer which is more likely to show stains after a lot of use. The HU-100 model is the only one with a handle. I like the handle because I need to move it around in our crowded kitchen. The HU-300 and HU-400 are slimmer but do not have the handle. The HU-300 and HU-400 are also equipped with the black Ultem strainer. The HU-100 and HU-300 models use twisting locking hooks that work just fine to lock the juicing bowl to the motor base. The $600.00 HU-400 uses a holder pin and three stubs on the top of the motor base instead of hooks. Although an improvement in design and a cleaner look, to me it is not worth the extra money. All three models now share the improved silicone bowl seal, larger pulp ejection port to reduce clogging and improved silicone plug that is attached to the juicing bowl. The juice catch cup and pulp container have also been improved. The 32 ounce plus juice container has a handle and the larger pulp container does not. The BPA-free juice container now fits inside the pulp bin to reduce storage space requirements. The materials are very high quality. The forward/off/reverse switch is covered by a clear plastic membrane for shock protection in case water from wet hands would enter the handle area. After juicing, it is a good idea to reverse the juicer for a second. The juice bowl separates easily with just a small counter clockwise rotation after this momentary reverse action. Also, the juice port has an added safety feature that prevents a finger from entering the rotating wiper section. An updated 80 page recipe book is included titled "100 Gourmet Recipes for the Slow Juicer" cookbook, a $14.99 value for free. A short instructional DVD names the parts and describes two different assembly methods as well as cleaning instructions and do's and don'ts. Finally, the packaging has been improved to insure that the juicer is in perfect condition when you open the box. The market is now flooded with vertical slow juicers with all companies claiming patents on their particular juicer. Many of the units are made in the same Korean factory; avoid Chinese knockoffs. The reviews on these juicers are correct when they state that the juice contains more pulp than other style juicers. A good strainer with the double mesh is a must as well as a nice glass bowl with a pouring spout in which to strain the juice. Personally, I like the extra pulp in orange juice and tomato juice. Some juices need body and are not as desirable when they are watery. I plan to make almond milk and coconut milk as this model works quite well for these tasks. I waited almost three years before I bought this style of juicer because I knew improvements were needed in the original model. I highly recommend the HU-100B as the black housing look is outstanding. To our health, as a Nation!
11 comment219 of 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
I am so impressed with how much juice the Hurom juicer is able to extract and how little pulp left over. So far I've used it every day, and sometimes more than once a day. I've juiced kale, collard greens, cucumbers, basil, ginger, carrots and their tops, apples, kiwis, watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, spinach, apricots, oranges, grapefruit, bell peppers, sweet potato, celery, cherries, blueberries, apples, parsley, and lemons. The only one that I've ever had to use the reverse button on is the carrots, so I try to cut them in very small pieces - about the size of a pea. Clean up is easy. It's quiet so I can use it while my husband is still asleep! Plus it looks good.
review image review image
0Comment69 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
I was looking for a juicer that would provide a great tasting juice with less waste, and would clean up easily. The new Hurom 100 stainless steel does all that! The juice stays blended with several fruits or vegetables blended together, does leafy greens very well, and is a snap to clean up. I'm totally pleased.
0Comment36 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2012
I bought this juicer a few weeks ago and have used it almost every day since. It is a big improvement over my prior one, which was a centrifugal type. The juice is darker, thicker and better tasting than my prior juicer. I find it easy to use and pretty quick to clean - I think any juicer is going to take some time to clean. Only one problem - the spout that ejects the pulp can tend to get clogged or partially clogged during use. I have had to stop and clean it out a few times. I don't consider it a big problem and would buy this product again, but just wanted to alert people.
0Comment30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2012
After watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, my partner and I were excited to juice fast. After checking out the extensive selection available, we settled on this one based on price, size, large input andjuicing abilities. We love it. We did every meal a day for 7 days and the juicer held up it's end of the deal with no problems. From start (cutting prep) to finish (clean up), juicing for two takes about 45 minutes. This juicer does handle leafy greens but I would highly recommend cutting them like you would herbs and feeding leafy greens through with a hard fruit or vegetable.
on February 28, 2013
This review applies to ALL of the Hurom slow juicer models: I have been trying unsuccessfully to get information from the manufacturer about this juicer. They are very secretive about the types of plastic used and the very real potential for plastic contamination and chemical leaching into food during use!
It appears that they are using several plastics that come in contact with food. These are polycarbonate, Utrem, silicone, and melamine. They ALL are potentially toxic. Of special concern is the fact that the plastics are in contact and rub against one another while in motion. This can create a far greater risk for contamination. Hurom and its distributor have apparently done NO testing for the amount and safety of plastic contaminants. It is sad that we purchase this item to improve our health but may actually be damaging our health without knowing it. By the way, BPA free means very little since there are MANY other chemicals in plastics that are at least as bad as BPA. In fact, bisphenol A (BPA) is often replaced with other equally bad bisphenols (bisphenol B, C, D, etc.), and can still claim to be BPA free. Also, there are pthalates, melamine, and many others that are worse than BPA. It seems that manufacturers, and our government, do not care about these important health issues until it's too late.
99 comments91 of 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
Well if it does not work - as mine does not good luck. Customer service is non existent and all they ask is how big are the pieces you put in it... I tell them I followed the instructions-- all the fibers just cake up all in the basket and do not expel like they are supposed to. My friend that has one came over and she told me - no this is not right. It has never worked correctly - used it less than a month now- and my juice is all full of fiber. This is a lot a money for something that does not work correctly and the company will do NOTHING- NOTHING--so frustrating and a waste of my money - what happened to customer service and quality. BUYER BEWARE__ if there is anything wrong with it - you are screwed. NEVER HAS WORKED AND THEY DO NOT CARE! Have called Hurom for 3 weeks. Have sent an email to their customer service, have emailed Corner Shop the distributor and Amazon. NO COMMENTs. Finally got this email from Hurom:I have confirmed with my managers that Amazon is NOT authorized. Units bought from unauthorized dealers do not have the full manufacturer's warranty.

Therefore, for any warranty issues, you would have to contact Amazon directly or email the Hurom rep in your country.

I have added a list below for international contacts of the Hurom Juicer.

So if buying from Amazon invalidates warranties I guess it is not worth buying on line anymore. This is disgraceful.
22 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2012
When I choose a product online, there's always a chance my expectations will get out of line with what arrives. The opposite happened in the case of the Hurom Slow Juicer. It is everything I wanted. I can toss an amazing array of vegetables into its little hopper and enjoy healthy beverages I never before imagined. The machine itself is well-engineered--the parts snap into place exactly as they should. It's efficient and quiet (and I often juice in the early morning before my household is awake). My amazing son-in-law suggested making vegetable stock out of the vegetable remains that are unjuiceable (is that a word?), so I save them in the freezer for a few cycles and use them in soup. Overall, I couldn't be more delighted.
on March 7, 2013
I narrowed down my two choices to this and the Omega 8006. I had leaned toward the Omega and ultimately, it probably would have been a better machine for my particular needs. This however, is an excellent & well built product. The issue for me is that I prefer a lot of leafy green, rich veggie juice with tomatoes. To do that with this machine, you absolutely need carrots or something hard to keep it moving. The narrow discharge at the base of the inner mechanism easily gets clogged with these types of pulp/fiber. Overall, my wife and I love it, use it for many purposes and it seems to keep on ticking so far. If you mostly go green, I'd say go with the Omega 8006, otherwise this is a killer machine.
on February 18, 2014
I have been juicing for 10 years and I have a greenstar masticating juicer so I wanted to buy a quicker easier to clean juicer to use in conjunction with my greenstar. I researched and researched and came up with the Hurom. I have only given it one star because of the following. It's actually harder to clean than my greenstar!! .. The spout where the pulp gets ejected gets clogged up constantly and therefore is extremely difficult to clean. The dismantling of the unit is a struggle too. The pulp that comes out is quite wet ....so it's not that efficient at extracting the juice. I kept the juicer for a while hoping that I would get used to it but for the price I would not recommend this juicer.

See 1 answered question