5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome surf rod !
Published 15 months ago by Jonathan Toledo

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!
Ok beginner surf rod. Very limber to be a 12" rod. Plastic eyes so with braided line it will wear grooves. Will not handle a lot of weight (4-6oz) at most. Will have to use a lighter line than I would want for a 12' rod. I will not buy another but for a "once a year" fishing trip.... it will be fine. On the plus side, if it breaks.... not much lost...
Published 9 months ago by Joe Thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome surf rod !, May 30, 2013
Jonathan Toledo (Long island, new York) - See all my reviews
I got it delivered today around 1:00 and went out to the surf around 4:30. No luck until about 7:00, I ended up hooking up onto a 30lb striped bass, 39 inches long and took me about 10 min to bring and land it in on the beach...for the whole 10 min the rod held very good and was very responsive to every move the fish did....for the price I'd gotta give it 5 stars, no doubt about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced, good performance., April 15, 2011
This review is from: Hurricane BB2 2 Piece Surf Rod (Sports)
Not bad for the price. Landed a black tip shark in Florida with ease. If your unsure of your surf fishing career, start with one of these and see if you like it, before spending a couple hundred on a fancy rod. I don't surf fish much so this is all I will ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, August 10, 2013
If you are like me and agonizing over which cheap rod to buy, this one is great. I think the cork grip is nicer than grips in the price range. It is pretty light, seems to be made pretty well. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable for the price, October 16, 2013
My friend wanted to get into surf fishing but had a low budget. I ordered this rod for him (9ft) and once I saw how awesome it was I ordered once for myself (10ft.)

For the price, this rod is amazing. I ordered a different combo budget surf rod/reel setup for a different friend for about $45. That rod does not compare to this Black Beauty. The black beauty and its price is UNBEATABLE, and if you are an Amazon Prime member, expect the package in about a day!I paid around $25. If you are interested in surf fishing but want to feel it out first, order this rod! It has great action, is not stiff like I've seen other budget 10ft surf rods, and seems to be well made. PS- Amazon Prime is awesome, and half price if you have a student email address, free 2-day shipping is hard to beat.

I use this rod to primarily fish bunker chunks, and as a low budget college student I couldn't be happier about the deal I got. The fish do not know what rod/reel I'm using, and as long as it does its job as intended, I am happy customer. Thanks Amazon Prime and Hurricane!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Deal, March 10, 2014
This rod is worth more than they are charging for it, but please don't tell them! Note: Put a drop or two of WD-40 on the rubber stopper before you put the two parts together. I am old, tired, weak, and lazy, and I had NO TROUBLE getting it apart after a very long day of surf fishing. This rod is just a tiny bit on the "light" side of Medium, and that's the way I like it. I am a world-class complainer, and if there were something negative to report about this rod you WOULD hear it from me. This is a good, sturdy rod, with lively tip action, and I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars affordable rod, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Hurricane BB2 2 Piece Surf Rod (Sports)
This rod is perfect for beach fishing and can cast very far with ease. Its a great product for the cost

4.0 out of 5 stars We'll made awesome to use, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Hurricane BB2 2 Piece Surf Rod (Sports)
It's good to use and it's light good made wish the price is more lower so I can buy some more for my friends and cousins :)

5.0 out of 5 stars hurricane, February 24, 2014
For the price you can not beat this pole.. I have caught everything from a string ray to shark. I now own 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, November 14, 2013
This review is from: Hurricane BB2 2 Piece Surf Rod (Sports)

Overall. Nice rod for the cost but not an exceptional deal. You get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars 11ft Hurricane BB2 2 piece rod, August 18, 2013
Execellent for fishing on the pier and the beach. Caught 25lbs striper, the fight was smooth with the pole. I recommend this product to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Hurricane BB2 2 Piece Surf Rod (12-Feet)
$51.99 $36.29
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies