Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed III forum

Hurricane Sandy release day shipping??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2012 12:58:36 PM PDT
Carlos says:
So, i live around the northeast where the hurricane is going to hit (near virginia and DC). So does anyone else think that us people that live in the northeast will still be getting the game tommorow?

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:15:18 PM PDT
Ben Linus says:
I dont know man thats iffy. Most have said that if trees arent flyin around then u probably will. Although rain around me usually delays all the mail a good 3 or 4 hours, and thats just normal everyday rain. Good luck to you and yours of course. Be safe sir

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 3:32:04 PM PDT
Guybrush says:
Yeah I'm not in the brunt of it or anything but I hope there isn't a residual shipping issue for the surrounding areas (here in Vermont). I mean, I hope no one dies from the storm, and then after that I hope there's no shipping delay. You know, priorities.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 9:25:15 PM PDT
Mat1977 says:
I live in Cleveland, and my game isnt even shipped yet, and they won't cancel my order. chatting with CS right now.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 9:53:51 PM PDT
G. Montag says:
Hard to say...

My shipments usually source out of NJ, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. That being said, highways are not affected as much.. so commerce itself shouldn't be slammed too hard. UPS might cancel deliveries to certain areas though?

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 11:48:14 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
Mine was sent out, but from OK.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 7:38:18 AM PDT
Tommy says:
mines has not shipped out yet. i pre ordered the steel book edition and hope i get it today along with the DLC content that they offered.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 7:52:24 AM PDT
Lily says:
I also live in Northern VA and I spoke with a cs rep yesterday. They said that I should receive it on time-- Oct. 30. But I just received an email this morning saying that my game is being shipped soon and the delivery estimate might be updated. So we will see....

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:06:23 AM PDT
I also got an email stating I will not receive my game on time for their guaranteed delivery date. It kinda sucks that I won't have it on time, but I'm ok with it at the moment since I got so much school work to do >.<

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 3:44:08 PM PDT
I didn't get it today (release day), and I live in Alabama. I'm a prime member, and I chose "Release Day" delivery for this game. I don't know what is going on. I called an Amazon rep, and she had no answers either, but did issue me a $10 promotional credit.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 3:52:31 PM PDT
End All says:
Anyone else's item marked as delivered even though it never came? That's what happened to mine. I'm waiting until tomorrow and then I might raise some.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 4:39:38 PM PDT
Lily says:
I contacted the cs rep a few times, since I was worried that the hurricane would affect the delivery estimate..but all reps assured me that I would receive the item on time. The last rep i spoke to said that my item was on a truck and will arrive by 7pm today (even though my order still said shipping soon and did not have a tracking number).

Guess what? It's 7:33pm. I was angry that Amazon was not upfront and honest with me from the beginning, so I did a live chat with a rep and asked for a tracking number. What angered me more was "Sydney" from the live chat ended the conversation without answering my question.

I called the help line and spoke to a rep, and she said that the game was currently out of stock and that they will ship one out to me as soon as they have it in their inventory. This is ridiculous. As soon as I find another company to preorder other games from, I am going to cancel my orders because I doubt I will receive this stuff on the release dates. I don't know what happened to Amazon, but the customer service is going downhill. If they are outsourcing, maybe they should stop!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 5:11:27 PM PDT
@ Lily:
I know exactly how you feel. Basically, the same thing has happened to me concerning this game. I fully understand the hurricane's impact on receiving this game on release day as Amazon indicated, and this is totally out of Amazon's control, and more than likely is the cause for not receiving the game on release day. However, that does not give the Amazon representatives the right to "fabricate" stories such as they did to you. They should be informed and knowledgeable enough to give the customers accurate information when the customer calls them asking about their order. This is ANOTHER problem with Amazon. Don't get me wrong, I like Amazon, but their customer service seems to be faltering. There are too many other competitors that consumers can choose from, and Amazon needs TO WAKE UP. In any effect, I wish you luck on your getting AC3 soon. I guess a couple of days won't really matter to either of us...but that still does not excuse Amazon's customer service's actions.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 5:12:08 PM PDT
Dave says:
i live on long island,ny and i had set a same day shipping for this game and at 7pm amazon tells me it just shipped. wtf and now its going to arrive on friday which is bull. im never going to order a video game from them again. even though because of H. Sandy, they had seen this coming so why didnt they ship it before the storm hit so that anyone who preordered it for a release date would have gotten it on time.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 5:42:09 PM PDT
Lily says:
Thank you for understanding! I hope you receive your game soon too.

I just sent an e-mail to Amazon about this issue of "lying" to customers. I will see what they say in response. If it's not a reply that I would like to hear, I will be taking my business elsewhere for my Christmas shopping. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 6:44:10 PM PDT
@ Lily: Well, I just contacted Amazon Cust. ser. live chat myself. You're not gonna' believe this. My order is coming from Lebanon, TN, and (according to the CS rep), my order was "delayed" due to the "heavy snowfall". Fine...no problem...but why am I receiving it THURSDAY?!? Lebanon, TN is 318 miles north from where I live. Takes approx. 6Hrs. to get here by car. I assume a little longer with UPS, but I can't believe that much longer, not to take two days. But heck, I don't know, maybe so. I feel that Amazon, since they did not (or could not), fulfill my "release date delivery", could have made a sincere effort to have it to me by Wednesday.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 6:53:48 PM PDT
@ Dave: That's what I'm talking about Dave. I feel that Amazon should notify the buyer sooner, instead of waiting until late in the day on release day. Amazon needs to improve on their customer response time. Let the customers know sooner and you probably won't have as many upset customers. When Amazon can do that, the customers will feel that Amazon truly cares about them as buyers, and consequently, the buyers will come back. Amazon...never forget the customer, they are important! That is what makes your business stay viable...or you can go the way of some of the other (out of business), online retailers...

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:02:50 PM PDT
Ken Lyons says:
I didn't receive my game today either as promised. Amazon customer service was NO help at all. I'm super pissed

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:26:39 PM PDT
Danny says:
Didn't get it today, my status still says not shipped yet...

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:42:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 30, 2012 9:53:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 4:46:22 AM PDT
Mat1977 says:
I've talked to few CSR. All told me it was about to be shipped...starting Monday night. One said they had no such thing as a steelbook edition, one said they were out of stock AND my item was on the truck in the same conversation, and only one used the weather as an excuse. Unacceptable and this isn't the first time with RDD from Amazon. I bought AC3 from target last night as a part of their B2G1. I'll gladly return this package from Amazon when I finally receive it. They've lost my business for the most part (3rd party sellers are an exception). They don't even offer game credits anymore. Best Buy and other brick & mortar stores have better deals. I'll pay the sales tax and gas instead of dealing with this crap.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 10:12:47 AM PDT
I tried cancelling my order and they told me no via email. Now I am being forced to wait for my game instead of purchasing it locally due to the fact Amazon refused to cancel an order that wasn't even shipped yet. This is the first time Amazon has ever screwed me over as a customer and maybe the Hurricane is a valid excuse, but let me cancel and I will return my business to you, not screw me over.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 1:30:02 PM PDT
TornSolace says:
i ordered ac2 which was stolen from me so i had to get another one i waited almost a month for it and it still did not come and all i got was that it was coming with no tracking number between oct 9th and 24th and on the 31st it is still not here and i also preordered ac3 and they cannot tell me anything on when they will ship mine out and another game i ordered before all of that came late and i made them refund my shipping costs that i paid for amazon is on shaky terms and i am relatively new to them only becoming a member about a month and a half ago but if this keeps up i will definitely take my business elsewhere

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 2:10:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 2:11:03 PM PDT
Mine was shipped from Indiana. I live in Indiana as well. My game has arrived in my town same day as it shipped, but wont be on my door step till Friday. FedEx.....I just think this hurricane has alot to do with the delivery date every where in the Midwest, and Coast lines particularly the East coast. Any one from the Midwest get theirs on release day?

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 2:38:23 PM PDT
Mat1977 says:
Mine just shipped. They also wouldn't cancel my order. Too late. I'll be returning it to Amazon as soon as I receive it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,129)