Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on May 26, 2012
Not only did this movie come from a true story, but it was a great story.
And on top of this it was very well told with an all star cast including Forest Whitaker, Isaiah Washington, and others you'll recognize.

The movie shows just enough of Katrina footage to remind us of the travesty of the storm and our handling of the aftermath - but it does not over do it. Then it moves on at a perfect pace to the story of rebuilding. It comes with inspiring words balanced with a real glimpse of the dirty and slow process it was in New Orleans.

It's crazy that this never hit the big screen because it was so good, because it was a true story, and because it had an Academy Award Winner and stars like Lil Wayne.

It really should sit on everyone's shelf along side your true story sports classics like The Blind Side, Hoosiers, More than a Game, Glory Road, Miracle, Cinderella Man, Brian's Song, and Remember the Titans.
on August 18, 2013
.. it wouldn't have gotten 3 stars. Even he had a hard time bringing a forced dialogue to believability. The fact that the story was true kept my attention because I know that area. But that area was devastated by Hurricane Katrina, and there were indeed people who carried on and pulled things together in the face of unbelievable conditions. Any triumph arising from those conditions was important and deserved a better telling than it got in this film.
on January 4, 2012
This movie should have been seen on the big screen. The story we all know was sad due to the loss of so many lives during Hurricane Katrina. But the story of these students/basketball players and their coaches was inspiring. My sons and I have watched it at least 5 times since it aired on television and another 3 times since we purchased the DVD from Amazon.com
on March 5, 2013
This movie as purchased for my family after viewing this movie we came away having learned so much more of the effects from the distater that effected LA, Forest Whitaker was fantasty demonstrated great acting as always.
on March 21, 2013
Very Good movie. Just what I expected.
Will recommend to friends, family, coworkers, other readers and more. Storyline was good and very interesting.
Fast shipping and in good condition. Will order again soon from this vendor.
on July 16, 2012
This movie was filled with all of the emotions we experienced after Hurricane Katrina. The movie gave an overview of life after the hurricane, failed government leadership and the courage of the people. I watch this movie twice a week.
on March 26, 2015
This is a great movie. Every time I watched the movie I was reminded of how blessed we really are to still be alive. I laughed, cried, and cheered throughout the movie. I thought about how Hurricane Katrina had affected the people of News Orleans but it did not kill their spirits. These boys along with their coach fought through all odds and became a family and winners.
on March 14, 2015
Very good DVD and story based on true events during and after Katrina. It was an emotional movie, seeing the devastation and horror of what happened to the lives of different people after this terrible storm.
on August 24, 2010
Hello all, well I must say that this movie was REALLY good... WHY you ask well let me tell you...:)

Ok, This movie shows you that people can work through almost anything if not anything... It also shows that some folks pain causes them to to act out in hurtful ways..yet God being God always sends someone to pull you OUT of that pain so you can LIVE again!!!

5 BIG STARS!!!!!!!!!

LOVED IT!!

PS
Its a all star cast.. Alot of nice young actors!!!
on November 24, 2014
Really well done, touching movie! I watched it with my 12 year old basketball loving daughter. I didn't notice bad language although there may have been some. There are some off color sexual remarks by the crazy bus driver on the first bus trip about comparing driving the old bus to making love to an old woman--so if you have kids, be aware of that part. I really enjoyed this movie. It was very well done.