1,083 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I overlooked the bad reviews on here that plagued the first few pages
I ordered this book after hearing a fellow book club member raving about it, but I have to admit I was hesitant at first because of the reviews here on Amazon. The first few pages of reviews here made the book sound horribly mundane. I am sooo glad that I decided to by pass the criticism and give it a try.

I'm a 28 year old, who was just so entirely wrapped...
Published on November 23, 2010 by SNM

1.0 out of 5 stars Not in Any Way Whatsoever
If I hadn't received this via Amazon Vine, and therefore obligated in return to review it (as opposed to purchasing), I probably would let it pass into my reading life's obscurity. We all know the basics of the book by now: hot, yet jerky mysterious guy meets lovely, yet clueless girl who must be with jerky guy and solve the Mystery of Him.

Hush, Hush left me...
Published on November 28, 2009 by K. Montgomery

‹ Previous | 169 70 71109 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, April 21, 2011
I really liked this version of fallen angels. It has a whole new perspective on it & the nephilium. Great love story too!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Review from The Word Fiend, April 21, 2011
Shelagh (South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Paperback)
Nora Grey's life is on track. The biggest decision she faces is which Ivy League university to apply to. Then one day her Biology teacher insists on rearranging the seating plan and she finds herself separated from her best friend, Vee, and paired with the new guy, Patch. With his dark good looks and lazy smile Patch is a distraction Nora doesn't need. And he is a distraction. Nora finds herself drawn to Patch, despite her misgivings about him. And then Nora's orderly life starts to unravel as a series of unsettling and terrifying events leave her convinced she is being followed and that her life may be in danger. Then there's Patch, who seems to show up wherever she is and who knows more about her than even Vee does. Yet the strange attraction she feels for him can't be ignored. The more she tries to dig into Patch's past the more questions she uncovers. And when a student transfers in from a local private school, Nora uncovers a dark secret from his past, putting her in even more danger. Nora's search for answers has put her in the middle of a centuries-old struggle between immortal and fallen and she may have to pick a side before it's over.

Becca Fitzpatrick has created a vibrant world where the angelic and the fallen move among unaware mortals. The writing in this book is solid and her descriptions are well written. I enjoyed the fact that she gave me enough information to know what was going on, but I never felt swamped with details. It's a skill I admire in an author. The pacing of the story is well-controlled; with the increasingly terrifying and strange events in Nora's life building to a satisfying climax. I could feel Nora's anxiety and terror build through the story and Fitzpatrick kept me guessing right up until the end.

I have to admit that I was disappointed with the characters though. I understand that Nora is only sixteen, but she seemed a bit naïve at times in her approach to both people and her investigation. I would have liked to see her taking control of her life and her decisions. The character of Vee, Nora's best friend, comes across as very shallow and self-centred where I would have imagined her to be more supportive. I know that some of this was for the sake of the story, but I feel that it should have been more balanced. Despite the fact that Patch is the character we know the least about, he is the more interesting character in the story. I would have liked to see more growth of him as a character through the book.

I am a huge fan of angels and the mythology surrounding them, which this book is based on. I had no problem following the premise of the story and I don't think that any readers would. But I did feel that Fitzpatrick could have done more to incorporate the mythology into the story. For example, there are a number of references to avenging angels in the book and it would have been interesting to have met them or seen them at work. I think that Fitzpatrick has missed out on a great opportunity to give the world she has created more of a foundation to build on. But I'll be interested to see what she does with the sequel, Crescendo.

Overall this was an entertaining read, but certain elements could have been improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant book, April 20, 2011
Hush,Hush was a great book. I read the second book in the series first. But still enjoyed this one. I highly recommend this series! Can't wait to read the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, April 19, 2011
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Paperback)
Bought this on a whim at the weekend, and never regretted a moment of it.

Ive been reading the "fallen" books and the "wicked lovely" series, and for me this was that little something extra and a little less innocent/sweet that runs as standard.

I cant wait for the sequel and ive pre-oredered it straight away

3.0 out of 5 stars it is okay, April 8, 2011
I picked this up because I wanted something entertaining and easy to read. It was easy to read, though not as entertaining as I would have liked. If a book is good it takes over my life for a few days. It took me a couple weeks to read this book, and I barely remember it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, April 7, 2011
I couldn't put the book down! I read it in a few hours! The sequel to this book is also an amazing read! I definitely recommend this book to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars DYNAMIC!!!!, April 6, 2011
This novel is a DYNAMIC! piece of work. Truly a roller coaster of emotions. Nora and Patch's connection is Steamy, Romantic, Sexy and utterly Dangerous! This novel is a MUST for all fans of YA literature. Mrs. Fitzpatrick makes a great debut, and I expect great things from her writing career! This is a MUST read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, April 2, 2011
I loved Hush, Hush. It had to be cutest, funniest romance in a book I have ever read. I really enjoyed the plot of the book too. The story of Patch and how far it goes is just absolutely interesting to read. A very good read for fans of angel books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Shallow Wading Pool, March 30, 2011
If you were looking for a book you could really dive into this won't be it. It's very superficial, characters are weak and unimaginitive, BUT I enjoyed it none the less. I gave it 4 stars because I enjoyed it and not the quality of the book. It's an interesting enough thought just poorly executed. Read at your own risk...you may hate it, you may like it, but I don't think anyone would LOVE this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for twilight fans, March 16, 2011
This is a great book for teens looking for the next "twilight". Its not quite as good as twilight but its close. I loved Hush, Hush its a dark romance about fallen angels. The love interest "Patch" is that sexy mysterious bad boy that we all once loved in high school. My only complaint is that you kind of need to understand the "book of enoch" in order to understand the concept of this book and Cresendo.

‹ Previous | 169 70 71109 | Next ›

Hush, Hush
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Paperback - September 21, 2010)
$9.99 $8.99