1,153
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$9.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 26, 2011
Format: Kindle Edition
I felt so many emotions during this book that I thought by the time I was done I would wear out. And I did. I cried, I laughed, I felt anger. And the same feelings took place when I read it a second time, and a third time.
This book is made from a person with extradonary talent. And I tell you the truth, from the minute I read the blurb I couldn't put the book down.

So really, what's not to like?
on December 17, 2011
This book is amazing!! Every girl should have a Patch in her life!! LOL
Spoiler Alert!
Once you start reading this book you will not be able to put it down.
Through out the book there are so many twists and turns you won't be able to put it down. I read this and Crescendo in 48 hours. I kept saying one more page, one more page. I have reread all three books and cannot wait until Fall 2012 for the final book in the saga.
Nora and Patch are destined to be together.
When she sacrifices herself for him in the gym that is amazing.
And when he denies her sacricfice!!
One word AMAZING!!
on November 29, 2011
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
This was written as though a teenager wrote is. Very simple, predictable and slow. I think a teenager would enjoy this for ages from about 13 to 16 maybe. I was expecting more because of the adult reviews that I had read! For me it needed way more depth and imagination.
on November 11, 2011
Format: Kindle Edition
Ok 1st a friend gave me this book...I wasn't into Angel books (YET)...THANKS to my friend, I have read all 3 Hush Hush books & can't wait for the 4th!
Ok 2nd Twilight I have read them ALL... the 3rd book was the best & all the movies SUCK (no pun intended).
Ok 3rd back to the book.... It was a very nice, quick, fun read. It's a love story you can believe. It's Friendship you can trust. In the end it all comes down to GOOD vs EVIL & the story isn't over yet. There is a war a comming!
Ok 4th don't believe all the bad reviews on here, that's why I'm writting this one. It's a GOOD book! READ it...you'll see I'm right! :)
on November 9, 2011
Format: Hardcover
I have heard so many good things about this series so I was really excited to start reading this book. I was really tired when I started reading it and was thinking that it wasn't as good as I hoped. Well, that quickly turned around when I had more rest. I loved this book! It is now one of my favorites.

The storyline is unique and interesting. I don't think that I have read a story like this so I really enjoyed it. I liked the characters. They were each unique which brought something more to the story. I liked the main character Nora. She was pretty level headed and mostly not irritating. I loved Patch, of course. I always wondered what the hype was and now I completely understand. He is wonderful, the perfect mix of bad boy and every girl's romantic dream. He made this book a million times better.

I have to admit that I was able to figure out who the bad guys were well before it was revealed, but it was nice being in suspense not knowing if I was right. The only complaint that I have is that I would have liked a bit more detail. Other than that, I loved loved loved this book and I cannot wait to start Crescendo!
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I have read a lot of YA paranormal romance and this one is so far fetched that it reminded me of a bad movie that you watch till the end thinking it will get better.

Same scenario, teen with troubled past meets mysteries boy at school...nothing new.

The parts that got me were...

SPOILER ALERT
What girl pays that much attention to art on the side of a roller coaster and then sees a scar on a boys back and thinks he is a fallen angel?

What mother would let her teenager have that much free reign and go to Portland and walk down dark alleys really???

I cringed through most of it and will not reading the other two.

Do yourself a favor if you like angel books read The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate or The Celestial Series by Addison Moore...you will NOT be disappointed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 2, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Though the book had faults, as all books do, I thought the book was a great read.

The book starts out with Nora Grey. Her father has recently died, but other than that she leads an average teenage life. One day in biology class, her teacher decides to make a new seating chart. Nora, to her dismay, is seated next to Patch, the quiet and somewhat creepy transfer student. He proves to annoy her further when he knows personal things about Nora and refuses to answer Nora's questions directly. Pretty soon, Patch seems to show up everywhere Nora goes. His ironic personality has Nora wondering whether he's the good guy here or the bad guy. Opposite of her once normal life, Nora is thrown into chaos after meeting Patch. It seems that there are people who want to kill her, but how can she tell when reality is so fragile right now?

Rather than give away the entire plot, I decided to just enclose the simple summary. This is a book that will keep you on your toes. I was constantly getting lost in the book and I simply couldn't put it down. There are however, some critiques I can offer. While I loved the book, there were some aspects that needed work. Depth. The plot was very well set up and I could easily see myself falling for it, but she just didn't elaborate. For instance, the acceptance that characters had to the strange events was too quick and unrealistic. If I found out someone was trying to kill me for one, I wouldn't be happily walking around. Also, she didn't elaborate on the sequence of events that lead to the main conflict.

Highly recommended! Can't wait to read the next book.
on October 27, 2011
Format: Kindle Edition
This book is utterly and truly amazing. I read the first page over a thousand times because I couldn't get why it started like that and I had never seen a book start as such. This book surprised me. I'm not one for fallen angels but of course it was something different then fallen angels. I know people slander it but I'm a fan of it. People slander things because they can. Twilight Saga is a perfect example of it even though I would rather have Patch sweep in and not Edward Cullen, but a fallen angel rules over sparkly vampires. I have to say that Nora is one of my favorite characters and even though it's different in the prologue it got better with her thinking she's dying is very good. I loved the ending and Vee. The ending was the best in my personal thoughts. I am a fan now a fan of Becca Fitzpatrick and will be looking out for her books in the future.

If you like sexy and strong male characters that are the bad boy type then this is up your alley as well as the second book. I give it a 4.5 stars.
on October 19, 2011
Format: Hardcover
This review has been hard to write, because it seems like my words can't do this book justice. This book was beyond amazing. I had it on hold at my local library and was excited to read it, having heard positive reviews on it. Boy were they right! The mystery, the romance, everything was just perfect.

This was the kind of book that you just simply can't put down and after you've raced through all the pages, you want more. Lots, lots more. You know the kind of book I'm talking about. You read it all in one day or stay up super late reading it, wishing you didn't have to sleep. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

The characterization was phenomenal. Fitzpatrick did so well with creating these three dimentional characters. She made them have emotions. She made you feel those emotions. She wrote their personalities brilliantly and left you feeling like you knew them.

I loved Nora, even though she's a wreck when anything bad happens. I kept expecting Patch to have to rush in and save her all the time, but it didn't happen. Most of the time she had to fend for herself, which was a fresh relief compared to all the paranormal romances out there. It's usually: girl is damsel in distress, girl gets kidnapped or trapped or something by the bad guy, in swoops the hero to save the girl every single time. Nope, not the case with this book.

Patch, oh Patchy Patch. He was delicious. Absolutely smoldering. He was the perfect bad boy and extremely cocky. He enjoyed putting Nora in an uncomfortable situation. Which he did a lot, I might add. He is super sexy and I practically had to fan myself after reading some chapters.

Speaking of which, boy can Fitzpatrick write the romance! In general, she can write extremely well. She captured my attention right away and held it until the end of the book and after. She writes beautifully and effortlessly and leaves you satisfied, yet wanting more. There were so many twists and turns, it was like she was mocking you each time you thought you knew what was going to happen.

The second book is definitely staying on my to-read list and has made my get-your-hands-on-a-copy-one-way-or-the-other-you-must-read-this-right-now list.
on October 18, 2011
Format: Kindle Edition
I heard alot of good things about this book from my friends so I decided to give it a try... WORST mistake EVER!!!! I mean the plot is flawed, the characters are flawed, and does everyone in this book have to be so dang annoying?!?! I mean oh my god, oh...my..god! I wanna punch the broad (Nora Grey, main character) in the face everytime she opens her mouth! All she seams to do is whine and complain! Seriously chick well already got enough of that from Bella from Twilight! Also she is always throwing herself into dangerous situations. She is a total dumbass in distress!

Another thing is her best friend Vee. Vee is one of those girls that I would punch in the face over and over and over again! She has to be one of the most annoying people I have ever read about! She pretends to be Nora's friend but it seems that in reality she is just really jealous of Nora (no idea why) but she is. Vee is also a terrible listener, I mean there are many times that Nora has warned her about something but she still does it.

Now for Patch... I've read alot of reviews about girls going wild about him but I honestly have no idea why they do! *Spoiler* He mentions many times that he is going to kill nora and has tried to (Sound like anyone familiar? *cough* Edward Cullen *cough*). Also I don't see the "bad boy" from him, all I see is some douche that needs to get a life! I internally cringe everytime I hear my friends go all gaga about him.

Hope this helps :)