5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy
Slightly (1/2 size at most, I just wear thicker socks) large out of box, but great feel. Leather was nice, sole is not slick and I have not had any 'squeaking' issues. So far very impressed and if they wear well, these could be a regular purchase. I bought them for work (dress casual) during the wet and snowy season and so far very happy.
Published 23 months ago by grnfld

3.0 out of 5 stars some things are great, some things aren't
Published on October 24, 2012 by DF1992

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Hush Puppies Men's Ambrose Boots (Apparel)

3.0 out of 5 stars some things are great, some things aren't, October 24, 2012
so i decided to buy these shoes because i didn't think my old desert style chukkas would last for the entirety of a long trip i'm about to take. They come laced inside out, which i don't like, but isn't a big issue to fix, they're fairly comfortable, but require more than a typical amount of breaking in, especially to get the true wide feel if you have wide feet. The leather is of good quality, and all the pieces are well put together. They're overall pretty comfortable, but the soles don't have a good grip, and squeak quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot from Hush Puppies, January 17, 2013
The Mikeski (overland park, ks United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush Puppies Men's Ambrose Boots (Apparel)
Bought these last year, they have held up great. Unlike the other reviewer I felt these actually run wide. It is worth noting that these are a city-style boot. They look great with jeans or khakis but I don't know if I would want to take them hiking. The grip is great for icy sidewalks but the lack of a more waffle-y bottom means that I wouldn't be bringing these on the A-trail anytime soon.

They are remarkably light. The moccasin style toebox looks sharp. Quality construction from hush puppies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and comfortable boots, April 15, 2014
These boots are great thanks.
I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for comfortable, light but still heavy duty boots

4.0 out of 5 stars Hush puppies boots, April 5, 2013
Really nice pair of boots for a modest price. I was very pleased with the fit and finish of the shoes. I would recommend the boots to anyone. Great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pair of shoes, April 2, 2013
I ordered the 14 W, and they fit like a 14 W. Wow! That’s refreshing. They seem well made, and after a few weeks of wearing them, the soles seem like they are not going to peel away from the shoe—I tend to be rough on shoes. My only gripe is the quality of the shoe laces. I’ve had these less than a month, the cores of the laces are knotting up and it seems like they will pop any day now. Laces are not a deal killer for me—I will replace them with a quality set. --Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 14, 2015