5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes
I bought these shoes for my elderly father who has badly swollen feet and ankles. Before I found the Hush Puppies Gil Adjustable Slip-ons for him the only way he could get shoes on his feet was to buy them two sizes too large. These shoes fit so well that he now wears them all the time, and has asked me to buy him a second pair in another color.
Published on July 25, 2008 by Bobbie Burns

1.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppy shoes purchased thru Amazon
Liked the shoe style, but the shoes were uncomfortable. Felt like they were off-center, causing me to walk on the arch more, which was very uncomfortable. I returned the shoes and Amazon did a fantastic job in acknowledging the return and very quickly processing the refund. I will shop with Amazon again!
Published on July 27, 2010 by jpascoal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, July 25, 2008
Bobbie Burns (Sherman Oaks, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great comfortable shoe, December 30, 2007
Alfred Valdez (La Mirada, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is my 3rd. pair of these shoes and I've recommended them to other persons. If you have a disability and have a hard time tying your shoes, I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL WINNER!!, January 15, 2010
G. Duncan (Copperas Cove, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush Puppies Men's Gil Slip-On (Apparel)
They are so good I immediately ordered a pair in another color. I never considered buying shoes online because of sizing but this is the most comfortable shoe I have ever had!

Update: The second pair arrived and they are just as good as the first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfortable shoe for Dad, June 9, 2008
Bought these pair of shoes for my 90 yr old Dad, which he needed a shoe that is extra wide, had good cushion and with single velcro strap due to his lack of central vision. He loves them very much and the quick delivery was a big plus too. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dad's Slip On Hush Puppies, October 8, 2012
I bought these shoes for my Dad. He is 88 years old, and he loves these shoes. They are very smart looking, easy to take on and off, and very comfortable. He had been wearing some less expensive Dr. Scholl's slip on shoes, but these are much more attractive and better made. The Dr. Scholl's came apart after six months, so even though they are cheaper at first, they just don't last. The Hush Puppies keep a nice buffed look without polishing. Just a wipe with a damp cloth and they look just like new. I ordered his regular size and it was just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoes!!, March 12, 2009
These shoes are great. They provide comfort, support and are so easy to put on and take off. Great for people with arthritis, parkinson's or other mobility restrictions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush puppies Gil,, best shoe for diabetics, June 3, 2011
They are lite and eazy on your feet and legs...If you have diabetic problems they are the shoe of choice....The first pair of hush puppies I got were ordered by my foot Doctor for me and I have gotten myself the past few years....the price is great and they ship very very fast..

1.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppy shoes purchased thru Amazon, July 27, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoes....but watch the sizing!, June 9, 2013
I "used to buy" only Rockport shoes because of their light weight and quality, however that seems to have all changed. I bought these because I've always liked the "original" Hush Puppies, which had those very soft gum bottom and figured I give the company a try. However, not finding those anymore, I found these and decided to give them a try. They are very light weight and appear well made too. I main reason I chose this style was because of their Velcro straps.

I normally wear a size 9 1/2, however, I had previously ordered two pairs of Rockports, size 9 1/2, and couldn't even get them on my feet and had to return them. So when I ordered these Hush Puppies I "figured" I must need to order size 10. It turned out that "size 10" Hush Puppies were TOO BIG so, once again, I had to return them. However, at least Amazon lets you simply exchange them for a different size. Unlike Rockport, that will only refund the purchase, less shipping, and make you create a whole new order, just for a different size.

I received the size 9 1/2 replacement and while they STILL SLIGHTLY TOO LARGE, fit well enough, since I'm just too lazy to send them back now for a size 9. However the important thing to be aware of here is the great discrepancy in sizing, not only between manufacturers, but, even between different styles of the SAME BRAND. Now I completely confused and no longer know WHAT SIZE shoe I wear. I even used those size measuring instructions around on the net, but according to them, I wear a 9 1/2....so who's wrong?

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Shoes, August 30, 2011
The hush puppies shoes are just what my doctor ordered because of condition of my feet that were damaged by frost bite in two wars (WWII and Korea). But what I was really amazed at was fantastlic service I received froom your organization. It seemed that as soon as I ordered them the man had them at my door (A little exageration but really quick anyway) Thanks for your Service. GH

Hush Puppies Men's Gil Slip-On