5.0 out of 5 stars Do The Job
Published 16 months ago by Duffer.

3.0 out of 5 stars thickness of trash bags
Published on March 15, 2012 by T. Mcconnell

3.0 out of 5 stars thickness of trash bags, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Husky HKK55030B True Tie 55-Gallon Drum Liners, 30-Count (Lawn & Patio)
Trash bags are classified by mil (thousands of an inch thick), not by mm (millimeters), as well as size of the flat bag in inches. Usual trash bags are 1 or 1.5 mil (they call them heavy duty, but they are not). Heavy duty, as in contractor's bags, are usually 3 mil or more, 4 or 6 mil being the thickest I have seen. For a 55 gal bag, 1.5 mil is about as thin as you want it. 2 or 3 mil would be better, but 1.5 mil is adequate for leaves, for example. Sticks will poke right thru.

1.0 out of 5 stars Half the amount at twice the price, August 26, 2010
Do yourself a favor and pass on these. They are twice the price of major retail stores and you get less than half the quantity. They are very thin bags and will not hold anything very heavy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just another trashbag, January 4, 2012
These are very thin - no different than a regular green trash bag. USUALLY when the package says drum liner it is a 3 or 4mm product. So if you are like me and didn't read the product info and just figured they would be like every other drum liner - be aware, these are just another 1mm trash bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars They don't hold up to construction debris., November 26, 2012
Chad J Treadway (Moravian Falls, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these to help aid in cleaning up around a construction site. They have often punctured or tour under the weight of debris. The only thing they hold up to is insulation and light debris. I wouldn't buy these again for this purpose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Husky barrel liners, August 8, 2012
These bags may be fine for leaves, but they are unacceptable for trash barrels. They do not stay around the edge of the barrel and are thin; they are not strong enough for trash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do The Job, May 6, 2013
Duffer. "Bo" (Conyers, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These are 1mil bags which are what I have been using for years as trash can liners. I keep a trash can outdoors and line it with 1mil bags. This is where I throw compactor bags and other kitchen and household waste and trash. The Husky bags work just as well as any other 1mil bags that I have used. Once a week I take the bag out of my trash can and tie it up to place in the large receptacle provided by my waste pickup company. The ability to have "True Tie" capability with the Husky bags is a very convenient feature. No more scrounging around looking for ties but just use the ones that are part of the Husky bag.

This is a good price for these bags. Not only save a bundle on gas costs to drive to the store to buy them but also a time saver by having them delivered to the front door. An excellent item and a convenient way to purchase them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Bags, March 17, 2013
Ive purchased this product around 4 times now. The price is around the same as store brands. Wal-Mart has 20 count boxes of this size trash bag for around 12$ so this being a 30 count at $15 & free delivery sounds about right to me. These bags have only been used for home garbage not for yard debris so I have no idea how well they will hold up for that type of material. However this bag handles my regular home garbage with ease. I will continue to purchase this brand & would recommend to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin but good for household and office, February 16, 2013
These bags were purchased with the intent of having my crews use them as cheaper contractor bags. That was a mistake. Go with the 3 mil bags if you need a heavy duty contractor bag. But for office trash, shredding and general household garbage, these work great at a very reasonable price. I will continue to purchase with that use in mind.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a quality product, definitely not worth the price...., November 5, 2012
Lessa_E (CHICAGO, IL, US) - See all my reviews
I bought these bags for two reasons: I needed larger garbage bags to cover end-of-summer items for winter storage such as fans, folding chairs, a/c units, etc. I also wanted something sturdy that would resist tearing and last the winter in the basement.

My first disappointment was in the manner of shipping. I use Amazon Prime and am used to things being delivered via UPS. Instead, for some reason, this was sent via USPS. Even though the shipping level read "Please leave if customer does not respond", it was sent delivery confirmation. Our postal worker refuses to leave some packages sent this way no matter what the label says. Therefore, I had to walk almost 2 miles to the post office to pick them up. That is NOT why I pay for the Prime service. The shipper should know the post office will not guarantee delivery and should make sure, if they are offering Amazon Prime, they need to use a service that will guarantee delivery. The post office, at least here in Chicago, will not attempt to deliver a second time.

The disappointment was further exacerbated when I took the bags out of the box, when I eventually got them home. The bags are flimsy...definitely NOT as thick as the 1 mil they claim to be. I was going to use the bags I had left over from covering the summer items. They are too flimsy to even use as tall kitchen garbage bags (which, incidentally, claim only a .7 mil thickness but are thicker than this supposedly 1 mil bag!!!!)

The only saving grace was that the bags WERE large enough to cover even some lounge chairs I wanted to put in the basement. Indeed, they even covered some indoor/outdoor area rugs once the rugs were rolled up. The only thing is I had to use two bags per item to make sure they were sturdily enclosed.

I would never, EVER order this item again. It disappointed all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have filled 4 bags from storm debris - dragged to street for PU and, May 18, 2012
3 of the four bags were hauled the length of a football field to front for a Town service PU and NO branches or twigs [nor dragging] poked any holes in these - have been doubling & tripling a sleazy big box house brand for past two years - cost more than these in the long run. Plus the generous size is perfect for covering lawn furniture cushions etc. Remove and place bag under cushion until next needed.

The only other bag that we have seen thicker are the Big BLUE bags animal control uses for road kill -

Rate and Discover Movies