Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 19, 2012
I purchased this case for my new Husqvarns 450 Chainsaws,And received free shipping.

The saw fits inside with no issues,And there is room for your Manual,Tools,Extra chains. Yes it is made of a type of plastic,But so are many parts on your expensive car or truck!!

The new cases do not have a front latch! Why? Because they improved the latches, Made them stronger and you can get replacement latches if any break.

Many plastic cases are made where you can not get a replacement latch, What do you do? Mickey Mouse some type of closure,Or buy a new case. What is wrong with a nice fitting case that works, And you can replace worn or broken latches without buying a complete new case.

For those who said "It did not fit my saw" Get specs before you buy, No case fits every model made. Check with Husqvarna or a web site for case part numbers for your chainsaw.
If you want a nice molded case for your Husqvarna 455,460 Rancher,A Stihl orange color molded chainsaw case works. I have my 460 Rancher in a Stihl case,the Stihl case looks smaller then a Husqvarna case,But a 455,460 Rancher fits just fine.

I wanted a nice fitting carry case for my chainsaw, I looked on Husqvarna's web site for my model chainsaw, And looked for carry cases. Wow! They have descriptions,pictures and part numbers, Write down the number that works for your chainsaw, Then go look on sites for the best price.

This Husqvarna case is Very Good!! It fits and protects my 450 chainsaw,Is weatherproof. Price was best I found and free shipping from Amazon. If you think the price is too high, Get a 5 gallon bucket,Drop your saw in and carry it around.. You can get a new orange five gallon bucket at Home Depot for about $5.

As far as the toolbox style cases, I do not like them. They look like you made it yourself from a toolbox,If bar oil or gasoline leaks inside it leaks outside. With the molded fitted case,what goes inside stays inside. Lift out your saw and wipe it out with a rag, The toolbox style has folds and corners that takes more time to clean inside,even when fuylly opened.

Thanks for reading my review, Best of whatever in your choices.
I really like the Stihl Chainsaw molded cases. I have three, with a Stihl MS240, A Husqvarna 240, And A new Husqvarna Rancher 460. They all fit with no issues.
I purchased this chainsaw case for my spouse's Husqvarna Rancher 450 chainsaw with a 20 inch bar, and it is a perfect fit. As others have noted, there seems to be a little extra room on the sides for chain oil, gloves and rags, so this should be a perfect holiday gift for him. Please take a look at the pictures I uploaded to see how it fit.

This case has rounded edges and is not square, as shown in one or two of the listing pictures. I like that it is rounded, a little less blocky, and a little less weighty than the old school box shaped cases.

Making a decision on which chainsaw case to purchase actually took a bit of time to do; before making a choice, I read through reviews on this case and several others, and also measured the length and height of the Rancher 450 to compare to case specs. In doing so I need to thank several recent reviewers who noted that this case was just right for their Rancher 45 and 50s, as that gave me confidence to buy this case for the Rancher 450.

This case seems tough, and the scabbard was long enough to properly fit on the 20 inch blade when stored in the case. The lid of the case does rest snugly on the top of the brake handle, but that also helps keep the chainsaw from bouncing around inside the case. The case's handle seems well placed; as I lifted the case with the saw inside it seemed well balanced and easy to carry. The case locks closed using two flexible, plastic latches (that secure two latch-points each), and they seem to do their job well.

I did notice that a couple reviewers mentioned issues with the case fitting their saws, but they did not mention the saw they were using. The history of reviews also showed that other cases have been sold from this listing in years past, including cases made by Stihl... again, am glad that I looked at the most recent reviews first as this Husqvarna 100000101 case turned out to be perfect for our needs.

Looking for a chainsaw case for your Husqvarna Rancher 450? I can absolutely tell you that this Husqvarna 100000101 Chainsaw Case is the right one for our 450 and should be perfect for yours too.

Highly recommended

Go for it.
review image review image
on October 3, 2011
This case does NOT fit the Husqvarna 455 chainsaw. The top won't close with the saw inside. The hinges are just bent plastic and I'm afraid they'll break easily if there is pressure on them.
on July 25, 2012
The photo depicts an earlier version of the case. For example, there is no Husqvarna blue embossing on the top, there is no tab for a padlock, and the case received had only two latches (compared to three as pictured). However, unlike some of the other reviewers, I did research this product to make sure it would fit my saw. This case is an absolutely perfect fit for my Husqvarna 346XP chainsaw. Moreover, there is plenty of room inside for oil and rags. The two latches are plenty strong. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this purchase.
on August 16, 2015
Recognize the case on the back of the truck? We use a lot of timbercutting tools here in logging country, and we don't have time to wrap them all carefully to keep them from the hard knocks that await everything in this life. That case is just what the doctor ordered for protecting a chainsaw that works as hard as its owner (a lady, by the way). http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Lumberjacking-Felling-Observing-Techniques/dp/1510702695/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439785339&sr=8-2&keywords=len+mcdougall
review image
on August 26, 2013
I agree that chainsaws should come with a carrying case as they used to but, since they don't, I bought this one. I am completely satisfied with the case. My Husqvarna 445 with 20" bar fits perfectly with a little room left over for other supplies needed. No complaints.
on December 7, 2010
Why this plastic carrying case costs so much (about $50 via Amazon) is hard to figure, considering cases used to come with the chain saws as part of the package. However, they offer good protection and this one is no exception. Fit my 18" Husqvarna 435 perfectly.
Edit - meant 18" Husqvarna 445.
on February 21, 2016
Fits my Husky 450 perfectly. Had enough room for a spare chain, 32oz can of Husky premix fuel, chain files and a few other misc items. Not sure why it doesn't list the 450 as a compatible model but it most definitely fits mine with an 18" bar. It looks like it'd be more than adequate to hold a 20" bar should I decide to upgrade.
on March 28, 2016
This fit my 435 16'' perfectly. Description doesn't include this model but it fits. Coincidentally I got the amazon invoice on this product from husqvarna, they do make money on this :)

Update: I saw this last night at Fleet Farm for 39.95. Seems 49 was not a great price.
on April 6, 2016
I just bought a Husky 440E, and needed a case to transport. It's not the boxy looking case. Molded plastic, durable, very well made. My new Husky 440E fits perfectly. It has enough room to store bar oil, fuel, wrench, rags and file. Not to mention gloves, and eye protection. A bit pricy, but worth it to protect my new saw in transit. I'm very happy.